Reverie Weyr
Cbox
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 17 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:31 am

Latest topics

» 3941.03.14 - Fort Weyr/Hold - Settling into Hiding {Silvara, T'lon, Sim, Alyena, H'lee}
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 7:23 pm

» Poll: DLG or books?
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 5:21 pm

» Threads to rp
by Silvara Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm

» New posting rules
by Alina Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:30 pm

» 2789.07.01 - It's back!...to the future? {T'lon, Silvara, Alina, H'lee}
by Kestrana Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:36 pm

» 2759.05.21 - Boys will be boys {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:08 pm

» 2765.09.23 - Halfway there {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:05 pm

» 3941.04.07 - Candidate Interviews
by Simmarrah Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:15 pm

» 3941.04.14-15 - Candidate Lesson #7 - Touching
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:59 pm

» 3941.04.13 - Candidate Lesson #6 - The Days Ahead
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Threads in the Main Site Plot
Threads in Site Mini-Plots
Affiliates & Acknowledgements

Affiliates

RolePlayGateway

Acknowledgements

All canon Pern content copyright to Anne McCaffrey. All non-canon Pern content copyright Kestrana. All draconic sprites/button images copyright to various artists (many images from Pern book covers; dragon sprite from "Dragonlady" fantasy portrait of Anne McCaffrey). All original characters copyright of their gamers.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Ah.... Retirement! on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:24 pm

"You sip it right now you silly little fool and you will scald yourself see?" Dertray poked his finger into the klah and sheepishly grinned, "Perhaps not." He then proceeded to snag a sip before she could put her head in his glass holding it shoulder level afterwords for easier access. Wouldn't want the little queen to strain after all.

"I'm thinking we'll just get a large cart or something." He suggested, "I am looking forward to having that plot of land, and tinkering on it." Dertray couldn't wait, really, to see what trouble a small homestead could get him into.

27 Re: Ah.... Retirement! on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:29 pm

Sakura chuckled at her mate, watching as Night chirped her protest to Tray taking a sip before sharing. However, she was happy enough when presented with the cup and quickly began lapping at it until she felt her sip was done. With that, she pulled her head back and watched them both, waiting for the time being until she felt she wanted more klah. The stuff was addicting!

"I know, I can't wait until we have our home built there. Specially since it's designed to have enough rooms that we can have everyone over to visit whenever! Although... too bad it won't be done by Ria's birthday," she frowned at the thought. She really did enjoy celebrating birthdays, especially those of her children (and grandchildren).

28 Re: Ah.... Retirement! on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:35 pm

"Honey they're fast at building but that's beyond there control," Dertray laughed, "Two weeks is not much time at all for them to have it. Especially since we haven't even finalized the design plans!" Seeing that his little friend was done her share he placed the cup down and very seriously said to the regal beast. "If you want more you have to come down here and get it!" His voice was stern, as though he was talking to his daughter but loving none-the-less.

The silence of the inn was killer, it was still day and most were out, with only a few downstairs keeping the tavern busy. Smells of dinner were wafting through the halls, however.

29 Re: Ah.... Retirement! on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:40 pm

Sakura smiled at him, "That doesn't change the fact that I wish it would be done by then. I know it won't be, but a girl can dream!" she protested to his laughing at her before she moved so that she could gather some of her supplies for weaving. It was an easy enough task to do while visiting, and it wouldn't strain her anymore than she'd already done. Thus, when she had everything, she sat back on the bed and began working.

Night watched him, nipping at him in protest. However, when she wanted more, she did move into his lap so that it would be easier to get at the klah... it would also be easier to demand attention!

30 Re: Ah.... Retirement! on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:45 pm

Stroking the little lizard absently he watched Sakura work with a soft fond smile creeping over his lips. "What're you working on there?" He asked with a calmness about him. Watching her fingers weave was something he enjoyed, she was so dedicated to it and she was very talented. Careful not to disturb the little lizard he grabbed one of Sakura's books. Generally these bored him, as they were history lessons of the weyr, that she had copies of and were rather dry reads. But figuring retirement meant relaxation he wasn't about to jump up and start dancing.

31 Re: Ah.... Retirement! on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Sakura continued her work, letting her fingers and hands do as they usually did. She hadn't really decided -what- she was going to make. "I'm not sure... I was thinking of perhaps making some new clothes for Ria and the babies... what do you think?" she asked him, her fingers still working deftly at their task.

Night curled up on the man's lap and started her nap. She was tired, after all... moving was hard work!

32 Re: Ah.... Retirement! on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:52 pm

He looked up from the book and paused. "I think you should make them all party clothing, especially the babies. Something really cute." He nodded at the thought, "Especially since those kids'll be so big soon enough that they'll be walking. Aw now I regret not thieving one from her." He sighed dramatically flopping a hand into his lap without realizing it and then yelping. "Ack Night! I'm sorry are you okay!?"

33 Re: Ah.... Retirement! on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Sakura chuckled at him before she nodded, "Hmmm... I like that idea. We'll have to see what I come up with while making this one," she commented before going back to her work. That is.. until she heard a startled yelp type sound, and something that sounded like Dertray getting into trouble. The firelizard pecked at his hand that had offended her, clearly unhappy with being woken up. Sakura just shook her head, "She's fine, dear. Just a little upset with you interrupting her nap," she chuckled.

34 Re: Ah.... Retirement! on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:00 pm

"Yeah I know but if I apologize maybe she won't make me up middle of the night for klah or something else!" He pouted and gently stroked the lizard hoping the calming feel of his fingers would cool her temper enough that she would ignore him for the rest of the time and sleep. Of course, that book was prone to make him sleep and sure enough, after about the third paragraph he had managed to stomach through he had fallen fast asleep, firelizard on his lap, book on his chest, and chin down snoring ever so lightly.

35 Re: Ah.... Retirement! on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Lucky for him, in the time it took him to get to that third paragraph, Night had calmed back down and gone to sleep. She really did enjoy the idea of sleeping after a hard day's work. Sakura watched the two of them from her spot, continuing with her work for a few more minutes before deciding she needed a nap as well. Within a few minutes of laying down, the woman was asleep.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum