Reverie Weyr
Cbox
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 17 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:31 am

Latest topics

» 3941.03.14 - Fort Weyr/Hold - Settling into Hiding {Silvara, T'lon, Sim, Alyena, H'lee}
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 7:23 pm

» Poll: DLG or books?
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 5:21 pm

» Threads to rp
by Silvara Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm

» New posting rules
by Alina Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:30 pm

» 2789.07.01 - It's back!...to the future? {T'lon, Silvara, Alina, H'lee}
by Kestrana Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:36 pm

» 2759.05.21 - Boys will be boys {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:08 pm

» 2765.09.23 - Halfway there {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:05 pm

» 3941.04.07 - Candidate Interviews
by Simmarrah Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:15 pm

» 3941.04.14-15 - Candidate Lesson #7 - Touching
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:59 pm

» 3941.04.13 - Candidate Lesson #6 - The Days Ahead
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Threads in the Main Site Plot
Threads in Site Mini-Plots
Affiliates & Acknowledgements

Affiliates

RolePlayGateway

Acknowledgements

All canon Pern content copyright to Anne McCaffrey. All non-canon Pern content copyright Kestrana. All draconic sprites/button images copyright to various artists (many images from Pern book covers; dragon sprite from "Dragonlady" fantasy portrait of Anne McCaffrey). All original characters copyright of their gamers.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 10:20 am

Artemis had been a busy candidate the entire time she was at the weyr. In fact, she was almost to the point where even her days off weren't really days off. Aside from the trip to the academy and hold, she spent far too much of her time busy. However, she had decided that this particular rest day would be spent doing something else. She needed the time off, and there was only one way to get that! If she forced herself to not even consider tutoring or studying!

With that in mind, the girl walked through the weyrbowl and just watched as dragons and their riders did whatever it was they wanted or needed to do. She found she enjoyed the hustle and bustle of the weyr, and she wondered what would happen at the hatching. Although, that was still a few days or so off yet. Thus, she started humming a song that she had heard from a harper a while back, finding her way to a nice shaded spot so that she could sit down and just enjoy herself. Silently watching the dragons.

Last edited by Artemis on Sun May 13, 2012 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

2 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 3:01 pm

He was glad to have been given a reprieve from studying, the boy had barely been able to catch up with his peers (thankfully it didn't take too long). With a yawn and a stretch he moved outside and was blinded by the sun shining down on him. Groaning at the invasive light he squinted noting that Artemis was alone, and she was standing there by herself!

Feeling slightly giddy about this, straightened his shirt and smoothed his unruly hair before taking confident strides towards her. Remember candidates aren't allowed to date, just impress her and keep cool. He reminded himself as he approached.

"Artemis! Hi!" He called once close enough, he wasn't sure if she remembered him (they were absoultely swamped most of the time), but hoped he wouldn't scare her too badly.

3 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 3:07 pm

She had been rather lost in her thoughts and just the simple delight of having nothing to do. So much so that when Derrick appeared she jumped slightly at his voice and turned to look at him, smiling slightly. "Hi, uhm... Derrick?" she asked him, having only met him a couple times she really was hoping she remembered his name correctly. "What brings you out here?" she asked him with a warm smile, clearly perfectly happy with his company.

As she stood there, she thought (not for the first time) about how handsome he was. He was the child of a lord holder, just as she was, but where she was the youngest... Derrick was the oldest, and illegitimate. Not that she cared. They would hopefully be riders before long!

4 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 3:15 pm

"Trying to escape all those notes." He chuckled lightly nodding to let her know that she had his name right, "You? Have some spare time today?" He noted that Apollo was out of sight, and so was that strange Fayble girl, who seemed to take a shine to Artemis. Finally some conversation with her.

The boy was the son of the lord holder but much would have prefered to be remembered and known for his mother, who was more of a kindly spirit, and a great rider. He looked up at the dragons longingly, they were always the symbol of freedom and up until he had moved to his mother's weyr temporarily he had dreamt of a better.

5 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Artemis chuckled in agreement, happy that she had not gotten his name wrong. She was rather surprised that while she had a day off, and plenty of free time, she didn't have Fayble, Apollo or Kerso around. She was mostly amazed to see that neither Kerso or Apollo were around, but she expected that they were off getting into whatever trouble it was that they got into.

"I do, I figured that for once I would use a rest day for just that, some rest. I have spent far too much time studying and working. So, would you like to join me in watching the dragons and just letting the day pass by?" Artemis asked him easily.

6 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Derrick took the invitation sitting down in the shade and leaning against the tree. "Ah.." He sighed softly, "Resting is good, you deserve it you work so hard." He pointed out to her with a smirk. "I'm surprised though, no one around?" He teased lightly, "I've been trying to talk to you privately since I met you, and now..." He snickered,"I haven't a clue what I'm gonna say." He rambled nervously his ears growing red, "Sorry i'm babbling. " He cleared his throat.

"Tell me more about yourself," He encouraged.

7 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 4:30 pm

She chuckled at his comment about her being alone for once. She had to admit, she rarely did get some time to herself when it was a rest day. With all the others she spent time around, it was rare to get a moment alone. Although, that thought didn't stop the blush that crept onto her cheeks at his comment. "You've been trying to get me alone? Why is that?" she asked him, an almost teasing note to her voice (despite the blush).

At his encouragement she paused, "Well, I'm not sure what you know about me so far. I mean, aside from Apollo being my twin and that Lord Holder Tethys is my father," she chuckled to him.

8 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 4:48 pm

"Well..Because." he responded listening to her, "Aside from what you've said..I think we may have seen each other at some of the galaa's my stepmother and father have hosted, but..." He shruged, "I rarely attended." He assured her, noting she was blushing as well. Now he just felt awkward and sat there silently for some time. Mentally chiding himself. 18 turns old and can't even talk to a girl that you find attractive? What is wrong with you Derrick!?

9 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 4:58 pm

She smiled at him before she nodded, "I might have. It sounds like something my father would have had all of us kids attend. But I would have spent all my time there around Apollo and our other siblings. Aside from those things, I have been helping out with the healers and I think I might actually continue learning how to grow the herbs after all of this is said and done, regardless of whether or not I impress. Although, I imagine that part of my time will be taken up with going back to learning how to be a proper lady holder for whichever lord my father finds for me to marry," she chuckled, shaking her head. Of course she knew what her life would have been without being searched. It was why she was working so hard at becoming a rider. Well.. that and it was her duty!

"How about yourself? What more can you tell me?" she asked in return.

10 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 5:04 pm

He sheepishly rubbed the back of his head, "Well you know about my family. I'm next in line for the Hold...I suppose. Father was terribly angry when I went to the weyr, where my mother..." he bit his lip, "She's the weyrwoman there you know? She just had triplets and they're so cute." This make his heartstrings pull he missed them and having a family that loved him made him feel welcome and strong enough to deal with this. "I suppose if I don't impress I'll go back to my mother's weyr...Or maybe the hold. If I'm lucky I'll get a wife as beautiful as you." He flattered without thinking. "I mean uh.."

His face turned tomato.

11 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 5:22 pm

She listened intently to his words, curious to the way he spoke of those around him. It was clear that he cared a lot about his mother, and she couldn't help the blush that touched her features when he complimented her. She glanced at the grass before them for a moment as she smiled before looking back at him.

"Thank you, Derrick, and hopefully I'll end up with a husband as handsome as you," she admitted in return, although that only made the blush worse as she once more stared intently at the grass. It was very interesting grass!

Of course, it was at that moment that she heard it... the loud BOOM that came from the sky and caused a reaction that neither of them would have expected. Within a second she had yelped loudly and did the only thing her body could think of to do. She pounced poor Derrick and hid against him. Clearly the handsome son of a weyrwoman and a lord holder could save her from the storm!

12 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Derrick had jumped at the sound of the thunder having missed the flash of lightning. He chuckled and his heart skipped a beat at the touch of the beautiful Artemis. "Fearless as ever." he teased lightly to her, looking up at the blackening skies.

"I suppose we should head in before this gets worse..hu?" He asked, almost reluctant. There were so many people and she was TALKING TO HIM.

13 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 9:38 pm

She realized a second later, as the thunder paused, what she had done and blushed before stepping back hurriedly. "Ahem. Right. I'm sorry about that, and yes." With that she started towards the inner weyr, desiring to find the part deepest and furthest away from the outside. It was the best way she could think of to hide from the storm. Although she did pause and look towards Derrick, "You coming?"

14 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 9:47 pm

Reluctantly the young man got up and dusted himself off before chasing after her. "I suppose." Though really he did enjoy watching her walk away, after all she had nice...wow that's some nice grass! He focused on it for a moment. The grass was interesting watching it rolled on and on it reminded him of the ocean.

The rain already began to pelt down towards them and he shuddered at the cold droplets as they crashed down.

15 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 10:00 pm

She walked with him towards the weyr before yelping once more and moving closer to Derrick when there was another boom of thunder. She was starting to shake inadvertently, clearly scared out of her mind and trying her hardest not to show it more than she was already. That is... until she saw a flash of lightning... and that was it. She released Derrick and bolted into the weyr. Once inside she yelped at the sound of yet another roll of thunder. Perhaps it would be best to take her far away from the sound?

16 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Derrick was close behind her, if only from chasing the girl down and hugged her tightly to him and shushed her gently. "Hey hey now. Its just a storm it'll pass. Just like every other one has." He promised her gently.

He thought on it and decided to lead her down to the Lower Caverns, away from the loud sounds, though really it was in reluctance her scent was intoxicating.

17 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 10:13 pm

She clung to him, shaking like a leaf as she couldn't stop herself from showing a bit of her fear. She was most certainly terrified of storms. Her eyes were closed and she didn't move away from him until he started leading her down to the lower caverns. "Sorry, I've always been afraid of storms," she admitted softly, keeping close to him. Although she did jump slightly and cling more to his arm when she heard the sound of the thunder, although it wasn't as loud as before since they were further into the weyr.

18 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 10:18 pm

He chuckled and the roar of people around made him annoyed, instead of turning towards the crowd he went down one of the quieter halls, in fact had he not gotten curious and looked around one day he would have missed it himself.

"It's alright we all have our own demons." He reassured her and as they were surrounded by silence (save the occassional echo of thunder) he let her go and gave her his shirt (after taking it off.) "Here, you look cold." He rubbed some water out of his hair with a smile, his slender figure easily giving her space enough to put it on.

19 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 10:22 pm

Artemis was grateful to him when they found the quiet place and she smiled to him a little shakily before accepting his shirt with a soft thank you. She couldn't tell him no, least of all since she was somewhat chilly. Slowly she slid the shirt on and then found herself sitting against the wall. "And what of you? What are your demons?" she asked him softly, choosing to focus on talking to him to try and not let the echo of thunder scare her anymore than it already had.

Of course, it hadn't escaped her that they were still completely alone and hidden away from others. Surprisingly enough, she was completely at ease with the whole idea, not wanting others to see her shaking and fearful. It was a slight amount of pride thing.

20 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 10:26 pm

He chuckled at the thought of it. "Flying scares me. Kind of ironic, no?" He hadn't planned to take her so far away from the sounds of the weyr but it was peaceful here. "But I'm sure if someone beautiful like you can fly...well I can muster the courage to not look like a chicken." He teased and without thinking leaned in and attempted to steal a kiss, after having slid down and sat next to her.

Perhaps it was the storm, and seeing her weak. Or being half nude, he was feeling a bit daring!

21 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 10:32 pm

She smiled at him as he joked about his own fears. A part of her felt impressed by him and his ability to joke about it and say that he would be willing to fight against that fear. She was even more impressed that he wanted to fight that fear in favor of appearing braver than he was. Easily she watched him slide to sit next to her against the wall.

"Well, you are braver than I am. I don't know how well I could ever face storms," she responded with a slight chuckle as she suddenly paused as he leaned in towards her. She couldn't really resist it, feeling that her knight in shining armor deserved some sort of reward... and thus she leaned against him and met him part way in the kiss. A blush instantly covering her cheeks as she pulled away a moment later.

22 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 10:35 pm

His ears were flaming red and he felt the burn come back as he tried to hide the small smile that he had gotten. "I'm sorry." He apologized though didn't sound as though he truly meant it. "I don't know what came over me." Truth be told he wanted more than just one small peck now. But seeing as they both were Lord Holder's children he knew he had to regain some dignity and some behavour.

Though his mother wouldn't decline this...She'd be all for him kissing a girl! Yes he'd go with what his MOTHER wanted. Which was to scootch a bit closer and wrap an arm around her and let her snuggle him. "Well...what makes you scared of storms anyways?" He asked listening to a far off rumble.

23 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 10:40 pm

She felt him move closer and she easily snuggled against him, before she laid her head upon his shoulder. She didn't jump quite so much when she heard the rumble and looked up at him. "I don't know. I've just always been scared of them, for as long as I can remember. It's worse if I'm outside, or by myself. It's why I usually spend storms around Apollo, because he knows about my fear. Although, I have to admit that your company is better than my brother's," she smiled at him, blushing and turning her gaze to study his bare shoulder. She was nervous about having admitted that particular bit of information.

Sure her parents wouldn't be happy if they knew what she was doing, if they knew that she wanted to kiss Derrick once more... but she wasn't really thinking about that particular tidbit of information. She was mildly distracted.

24 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 10:44 pm

The thought of Apollo made his gut wrench he'd hate for the twin of his companion to come charging down there looking for her. "Well that's because I'm just so charming." He teased, already his fingers were lightly playing with her silky hair the soft scent of her bathing soaps enchanting him.

"Anytime you're scared or need someone you come find me, okay?" he whispered softly in a protector-like fashion, that sounded different than when he was trying to protect his bratty half siblings. Mostly because half the time he wanted them to be eaten by a dragon. Tilting her chin with a gentle finger he kissed her again this time lingering. Darn hair, smelt so good!

25 Re: A Day Off! ZOMG! (M) on Sun May 13, 2012 10:51 pm

Artemis couldn't stop the soft giggle at his words, before she nodded her agreement with his words. He most certainly was charming, and she couldn't help herself as she found him attractive. However, she was rather surprised by his whispered offer. She watched him with surprised eyes until she felt his lips once more touch her own. Unable to stop herself, she let herself melt into it for a moment... or two... or three.

When she finally did pull away from the kiss, she blushed and smiled softly. "Okay," she agreed with his suggestion, choosing to follow that. Clearly it would be enjoyable to find him if she got scared again.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum