» Candidate Lesson #1: Welcome to the Weyr
by Kestrana Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:56 pm

» Candidate Lesson #3: Hold and Weyr Relations
by Kestrana Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:34 pm

» Check-in with Candidatemaster Lery
by Kestrana Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:34 pm

» Candidate Lesson #2: Manners for the Mannerly
by Kestrana Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:36 pm

» Chore Group A: Food Services (morning) -- Nium, Marrisha, Quarion, Shemov, Alyena
by Kestrana Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:38 pm

» Girls' Bunkroom #6 - Sindri, Leena, Hirana
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:35 pm

» Girls' Bunkroom #5 - Nemeia, Neme, Safira
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:34 pm

» Girls' Bunkroom #4 - Luthi, Lorali, Liasa
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:32 pm

» Boys' Bunkroom #7 - Skeldar, Theram, ?
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:19 pm

» Boys' Bunkroom #6 - Burlar, Dryden, Artie
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:18 pm

» NPC Candidates
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:51 pm

» Check-in with Harper Timiny
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:22 pm

» Craft Lesson Schedules
by Kestrana Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:26 pm

» Boys' Bunkroom #5 - Liadon, Patelo, Learyam
by Kestrana Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:54 pm

» Boys' Bunkroom #4 - Lerane, Kimta, Taien
by Kestrana Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:51 pm

» Girls' Bunkroom #3 - Amaki, Rineta, Pola
by Kestrana Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:45 pm

» Girls' Bunkroom #2 - Nylee, Xilosci, Secha
by Kestrana Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:13 pm

» Boys' Bunkroom #3 - Shemov, Ildel
by Kestrana Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:33 pm

» 3941.03.20 10:30 - Aren, Erhom, Lorler, Tikal, Silvara
by Kestrana Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:53 pm

» Boys' Bunkroom #1 - Aren, Erhom, Lorler
by Kestrana Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:12 am

Affiliates & Acknowledgements

Affiliates

RolePlayGateway

Acknowledgements

All canon Pern content copyright to Anne McCaffrey. All non-canon Pern content copyright Kestrana. All draconic sprites/button images copyright to various artists (many images from Pern book covers; dragon sprite from "Dragonlady" fantasy portrait of Anne McCaffrey). All original characters copyright of their gamers.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:57 pm

Silvara

Silvara
Moderator / Master Healer
Silvara smiled and nodded her head. She was glad that the boy had come to no harm for his accidental vision.

"Yes A'lo. You two share a very strong connection as do most twins. Because she was in distress it most likely triggered your Gift at that time, and yes Artemis your need to find me pushed your Gift to a more active state. Like A'lo's with training you will have control of it and it won't happen randomly unless you’re very stressed out. Artemis's Gift is Far-sight. It allows her to see people, things, and places at a distance. She used it to find me earlier. Also as I mentioned before you two share a strong connection. I would not be surprised if latter on you start hearing each other's dragons and even each other to a degree latter on. For now though the best thing to keep in mind is to breath and if either of you trigger, come to me and tell me."

She looked each of the younglings in the eye with an intent red eyed look. She knew some found her red eyes a little intimidating but she needed them to know that they had to tell her when thing happened if she was to help them get control of their Gifts.

27A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:08 pm

The twins both blinked at the woman before looking at one another. There was a chance that they might one day be able to talk to each other's dragons? Or even one another? Naturally, it was A'lo that broke that silence with a smirk, "So then I could find out what sort of trouble my dear sister is in? Or maybe even have her help me with answers to questions? Fun!" he chuckled teasingly, only to find his sister throwing water at him as she laughed.

"You're a dork, Lo! And shards, I hope I don't ever have to see inside your mind! That thought scares me!" she teased him in return, causing her twin to chuckle before they headed out of the water so they could oil Jazz.

The green snorted at them as Rik rumbled his amusement. ~It is quite scary in A'lo-mine's head,~ the bronze teased, as he let the happy situation get to him and he was happy to see the tension drain from his rider. Of course, he knew full well that A'lo still intended on dealing with D'rick later on. He was curious to see if Artemis would be able to hear him, although he did more or less speak directly to her which caused the girl to giggle her amusement.

28A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:20 pm

Silvara

Silvara
Silvara was glad to see the two young-lings relaxing some without her having to use her gift to influence it. She would need to speak with A'lo privately once they were in the infirmary to ward him off from hurting D'rick to badly for all of this and point out that he would have to stand in line after H'lee. She stood easily to walk along side of them and snickered when she caught the little bronzes words. It seemed that today her HAD Gift was working better than other days.

"I am glad you’re not freaking out about your Gifts. It will make learning to control them a great deal easier..."

She spoke from experience as she had spent a great deal of time working to gain control of her own Gifts as they manifested. Her Empathy being the most bothersome as it was the strongest.

"So where are you two in your Weyrling training?"

She knew she would need to talk with H'lee about that as well since Gift Training would have to be added to an already crazy schedule for the both of them now.

29A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:33 pm

The twins were quite relaxed for the time being, and A'lo half glared at his dragon for the comment about his head being scary. "It's not that bad inside my head. You just gotta get used to the clutter!" he protested with a snort. CLEARLY the dragon should have been more supportive of his rider, although the bronze rumbled his amusement.

Jazz grumbled at the group of them, at least until they calmed her down as they began to rub oil into her hide and got rid of the itchy feelings. "Do you think I'll be able to hear Rikraketh soon? And A'lo will be able to hear Jazz soon?" Artemis asked randomly before the question about their training popping up.

The two of them paused for a moment. "Hmm... I think we are starting something new today, but I'm not 100% what that was," she shrugged and glanced to A'lo for help.

"Hey, between all the weyrling lessons and the random lessons that dad's been sending about being a lord holder, I haven't had much time to remember what the next lessons are about," he protested. And it was true, his father had been using Zeus to send him a different lesson every day that he was to read over and respond to during his free time.

30A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Silvara

Silvara
Silvara could not help but laugh at their responses and smiled at the question about when they might hear the other's dragon.

"To answer your question Artemis it depends on the four of you. How well you take to your lessons with me but also how deep your connections between the four of you get. It's part of the reason that the Weyrling lessons have you spending so much time with your dragons. To help build that bond more. That and the Dragons would not stand for it if we tried to keep you all apart. Although as a Dragon Rider myself I don't think I could have stood to be apart for more than a few minutes from Warrel when I was in training either."

She lightly patted Warrels snout as she spoke staying out of the way as the two oiled the little green.

"Gack... Lord lessons on top of Weyrling lessons? No wonder you’re stressed. It will only get worse when they encourage you to take up a craft... although in your case A'lo they might not since you are doing Lord Training all ready. Well we will get this sorted out with H'lee later since sadly I will be adding Gift Lessons to your already full lives."

She was glad that they had each other for all of this as it would make training them somewhat easier.

31A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:11 pm

The twins looked at the woman and A'lo nodded his head. "Yeah, I want to become a lord holder, and with the way things are now I don't see any reason why I can't be a bronzerider and a lord holder," he explained easily enough. His dragon might not be the overly ambitious type... but A'lo certainly was.

Artemis thought about the idea of doing gift lessons and all the other stuff she would be going through over the next few months. "Will we be doing our gift lessons together? It seems a good way to strengthen the bond between all four of us if we spend that extra time together learning about each other's gifts," she commented and asked. She wanted to go through that with her twin, after all they had spent their entire lives together and pretty well needed each other.

Jazz, once they had finished oiling her, moved to lay down near her brother and watched easily. ~Rikraketh~ she greeted the male.

~Hello, Jadziath. It seems we will be spending quite a bit of time together.~ he rumbled his amusement, nudging the smaller hatchling. The green snorted at him, it was OBVIOUS they would be spending time around one another since their bondeds were twins.

32A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Silvara

Silvara
Silvara nodded to Artemis and laughed softly at both A'lo's words and the Dragonets comments to each other.

"I do think it would be best if you two had your lessons with me at the same time not just for strengthening the bonds between you which I will need to watch the growth of but also for my Sanity!"

She stretched and motioned for them to walk with her back towards the infirmary. As they still needed to deal with the pregnancy issue and she still wanted another of the Healers to check Artemis over who had a focus on such things.

"There is also the fact that your gifts are of the same family as it were. There are many Gifts and they can be classified by their family groups... but we will get into that latter during real lessons."

33A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:56 pm

The twins followed the woman towards the infirmary, their dragons following close behind as they all listened to what the woman said. Artemis was starting to feel nervous again and her brother easily took hold of her hand and squeezed gently. His eyes shifted to look at her, an unspoken question went between them before she glanced down at her belly and he understood. She was having it confirmed again that she was pregnant... or perhaps seeing how far along she was. All he knew, it was related to her condition. With that he pulled her closer to him and wrapped and arm around her shoulders, as though to protect her from the world.

He then looked at Silvara. "That's good, I think it would do us good to have that lesson together," he stated easily.

"It certainly makes me feel a little more at ease over all of this. Thanks, Silvara," she smiled as she took strength from her brother. Despite everything, knowing that her twin was there for her was enough to help her through. It only helped that Jazz and Rik were there as well. The two dragons both nudged her softly as they walked before Artemis yawned widely, unwillingly as well.

A'lo looked at his twin with a slight amount of concern.

34A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:04 pm

Silvara

Silvara
Silvara watched the both of them as they moved noting Artemis's nerves and worrying that she would have to start the Calming again. Thankfully A'lo stepped in and did it instead. She knew this was all stressful for the young woman but it had to be done especially if she was going to get rest and not throw up all her food all the time during this first part of the pregnancy.

"Well hopefully we can get it all sorted out with little fuss. Although I should warn you that some of the other Weyrlings may start heckling you about spending so much time with a Healer even if it is for Lessons, but know you’re not the only ones with gifts that I will be teaching."

She walked evenly but slowly so the others could keep pace with her long legs easily. Warrel bringing up the tail of their group glad that things had calmed down so much.

35A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:17 pm

A'lo held his sister as they walked, knowing that just his presence and contact was enough to keep her calm. Although he did look up at Silvara as the woman began speaking to them once more. "It does not matter what they wish to say about it. We have our abilities and need to learn how to control them. If that means spending time with a healer to learn how to do that, then who are we to complain? Although, they should just mind their own business as we all have enough to do with just raising our hatchlings," the lad stated firmly, already feeling even more protective of his twin.

Artemis could hear the protectiveness in her twin's voice and shook her head. "We'll be fine, Silvara. I think I'm going to have more than just lessons with a healer that they will be heckling me over. After all, I imagine at least one person saw me throw up earlier... if they didn't see me nearly cut my hand off..." she sighed.

A'lo looked at his sister sharply. "You almost what?"

"I felt dizzy and almost cut my hand off... I'm alright though, see," she held up her hands, "Both hands are still perfectly intact."

36A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:23 pm

Silvara

Silvara
Silvara smiled at that glad that A'lo was ready for the teasing to come. She also shook her head at Artemis's words.

"Why did you not come to me days ago when you first started feeling dizzy? At least you did not do yourself any lasting harm and now that I know I can give you tea to help you keep your food down and your head clear and even get some good sleep which your body needs."

She had a feeling that like all young-lings, including when she was that age, Artemis had assumed that the symptoms would just go away by being ignored and the normal aversion to healers that seemed to follow every generation. She lead the way up the steps to the Dragon ledge just outside the healing hall for the Academy and then inside.

37A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:37 pm

A'lo looked at his twin rather expectantly, wanting to know just WHY his sister hadn't gone to the healer as well. Although, he knew she would guess at that question from just his gaze. Which she did. Artemis pulled away from her brother and looked at the healer. "I didn't think anything of it. I'd been starting to feel rather dizzy and sick since we came to the academy... or rather since we got to Snowy Hold on the way here..." she shrugged.

"Artyyyy," the boy groaned at his twin, "You should have said something!"

She looked at her brother, "I was okay, Lo, no damage done," she assured, "At least I don't think so... I haven't cut anything yet."

A'lo shook his head and looked to Silvara. "Thank you, Silvara. And from now on I'll make certain she comes to see you or another healer, even if I have to drag her here myself," he said the last part as he looked sternly at his twin who smiled sheepishly at him. She knew she was doomed to the "over protective brother" treatment for AT LEAST the rest of her pregnancy.

38A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:55 pm

Silvara

Silvara
Silvara nodded a rather indulgent look on her face. It was as she had suspected. She did feel a little bad for Artemis though since it looked like her brother was going to start mother hening her to death.

"Well at least you are here now and we can make it so you’re not a danger to yourself or others and especially not to your dragon or brother!"

She motioned for Artemis to sit on one of the cots as she moved to the side area to make them all some tea, different teas for each of them, soothing for A'lo, calming and nausea fighting for Artemis and headache blocking for herself. She hoped H'lee would arrive soon as well as the other healer who had gone out to pick herbs.

39A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:49 pm

Once Artemis was settled on the cot, A'lo sat next to her and nodded his head in agreement. He didn't really think that his sister would harm him, but he would be damned if he'd let her harm herself! At least their dragons were happily curled up on the ledge and taking another nap.

"Okay," she agreed softly before looking at her brother for a moment. She knew that she was in for a LOT of trouble if she even DARED not do everything Silvara and any other healer said... or even everything H'lee said.

"Is H'lee on his way, Silvara?" A'lo asked, his voice polite and calm as he watched her make the teas for them all. Of course, the bronze weyrling already knew that he was NOT leaving his sister's side until he was certain she didn't need him around anymore. And... an agitated weyrlingmaster was NOT someone he was going to leave her with. No matter what.

40A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:35 pm

Silvara

Silvara
Silvara nodded her head as she walked back to the two of them handing A'lo a cup of tea then Artemis before taking a seat on another near cot.

"I had Warrel contact his dragon to ask for him to come here... though I could have just asked directly I rather not since I have no idea what he was doing when Artemis arrived or during the time since then. Safer to have the messages go through the dragons."

She took a sip of her own tea letting her eyes partly close hoping that what was to come would not get out of hand. Since as a healer her first priority was to the health of Artemis and the child growing inside of her. Yes she was a Dragon Rider and had flown thread and knew why young-lings were not meant to do this sort of thing till their dragons were fully matured, but accidents did happen as did getting lost in the heat of the moment. Not that she had ever had the latter happen to her. No her Empathy made that unlikely but it also made it easier for her to know that what had happened between Artemis and D'rick had been a fluke.

41A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
H'lee had noticed the fact that Artemis and Apollo were missing from their morning exercises, but one of the other weyrlings mentioned seeing the former get sick during breakfast; another weyrling stated that Artemis had been feeling ill for a couple of days. It wasn't the first time the girl had gotten sick while cutting meat, but it hadn't caused her to throw up for a couple of weeks. Knowing that, he (rightly) assumed she'd gone to find a Healer and that her brother had gone with her.

He had just started the weyrlings on stretching the dragons' limbs (especially their wings) and starting the sandbag tossing - the first day they were doing that - when Seeth gave him a mental nudge. Warrelith said his rider needs to see you when you have a moment.

Ah, well, that explains it. If she's in Silvara's hands, she must be developing a mental ability. Probably that's what's been making her feel ill. Please pass on that I'll be down after this class is over and the weyrlings are off to bathe and be oiled.

After thoroughly exhausting his charges (and no doubt giving some of them aches in places they didn't know they had!), he and Seeth glided down the length of the valley to where Silv's office was. He walked in a few minutes after A'lo asked if the Weyrlingmaster was on his way. He noticed as he went in that both hatchlings were bathed and oiled, so no need to reprimand either weyrling rider for neglecting their dragons. Or Silv, for allowing them to neglect the growing youngsters.

"Ah, Silvara. So, what sort of mischief will our newest talented weyrling be getting into?" He winked at A'lo, not realizing that the boy also had developed an ability.
http://reverie.rpg-board.net

42A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:54 pm

A'lo nodded his head as he drank some of the tea, watching his sister do much the same. Of course, when the weyrling master appeared a second later, the girl looked to her brother. She was clearly rather concerned about this particular portion of things. After all, she knew she was in deep shit, but at least the tea was calming and she decided to focus on that for a moment. When the man stopped speaking, she took a deep breath. She really should be the one to tell the man and get it over with. After all, while Silvara could say the words and have them be all medical sounding, Artemis was the one who screwed up.

"Uhm... Weyrlingmaster H'lee... I didn't come to Silvara about my gift... I uhm... Well... I'm pregnant... There was a slip up about a week before the hatching and.. It was accidental and now..." by the time she was done, her brother set his tea down (hers as well) and pulled his sister into a hug. He could feel her starting to get upset and cry a bit, as she really did feel rather upset over that and she KNEW that everyone would be disappointed and upset with her...

"Shhhh... Arty," he cooed softly before looking over his shoulder at H'lee. "Also, we both are gifted... Arty with Farsight and me with foresight, or something like that. Right, Silvara?" he asked, glancing towards the woman. He was, perhaps unsuccessfully, hoping that H'lee would grasp onto both weyrlings being gifted... and maybe that would take the edge off his anger with Artemis... right?

43A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:56 pm

Silvara

Silvara
Silvara smirked slightly at H'lee's words as she finished her tea knowing she would need it well before the end of the day. She let the younglings speak first knowing that for Artemis she needed to get it out for herself. She motioned for H'lee to come sit on the cot she was sitting on near the younglings.

"Before you start yelling H'lee please don't... I have been trying rather hard to help keep Artemis calm for her, her child and her dragon's sakes."

She gave him a pleading look as she spoke since she was not sure she was up to another round of trying to get the young ones calm and safe. She was all ready having issues with a headache all ready since she was both trying to keep Artemis calm while also trying not to be over run by both youngling's emotions. Up side the Dragonet's had fallen asleep so less problems from them at least. She knew H'lee was not going to be happy but could only hope he would realize that they needed to tread carefully.

44A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:13 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
H'lee had started to gimp over to the proffered seat when he finally grasped what Artemis had said. His initial reaction was rather predictable: "WHAT?!" he bellowed at the top of his lungs, turning toward the twins. Startled by his rider's sudden flare of anger, disappointment, and a hint of panic, Seeth bellowed loudly from outside - no doubt waking the little ones and probably even startling Warrelith. It also, naturally, got the attention of every rider - full and weyrling - in the Academy.

H'lee stared at the twins. "Girl, when Fax destroyed Ruatha, THAT was an accident. This is a catastrophe!" he snapped before Silvara's words brought home the fact that there was a very, very young dragon outside, who was probably now wide awake and terrified enough to go between. Assuming she wasn't barreling in here to attack him, anyway.

He sighed explosively and closed his eyes for a moment, his mind running in circles, trying to figure out how to deal with this. He was used to dealing with pregnant greenriders, but only when their dragons were older - particularly after a green's first mating flight. In those cases, a long trip between took care of the issue before they reported to their home Weyrs for duties; otherwise, they stayed at the Academy until the pregnancy finished the other way and then took their rounds at their home Weyrs. The former was preferable.

Unfortunately, a long trip between wouldn't work for this pair. The hatchling was too young and would panic in the time during which she and her rider would be out of contact, likely causing the young dragon to go between in search of her rider - a fatal outcome. There were medicinal routes that could be taken, but they were harder on the body; they wouldn't hold her training back as much, though. Of course, if the girl had been open to one of those measures, Silvara would likely have already administered it and they'd never have told H'lee about the pregnancy; they'd have written it off as some sort of illness due to whatever gift it was she had and saved everyone this strain.

Abruptly, he made up his mind. "You're grounded," he said, flatly. "You'll be too large and too heavy to sit on Jadziath by the time your training would allow you to do so; you will also likely have to hold back on flame training because by then, you'll be close enough to term that you'll have problems staying on your feet and doing energetic activities for any length of time. This will hold your training and graduation up by several months. Unless you choose some other method of ending the pregnancy. Other than those things I mentioned, you should be able to complete most of the other training tasks and graduate with the next group of weyrlings."

He added sarcastically, "Do you know who the father is, or was that an accident, too?" He'd thought better of Jaxom's grandchildren, although he'd heard Jaxom and his sons had a bit of a randy side in their youth. He should have guessed.

45A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Artemis jumped as the weyrlingmaster reacted initially, fear and guilt gripping her enough that her brother tightened his hold on his sister. Of course,the noise and her rider's panic were more than sufficient enough for Jazz to come barreling in, growling and snarling at H'lee. The little green's eyes swirled quickly in anger at her bonded's emotions. Within seconds she was at H'lee and snapping her jaws at him, trying to bite the man for 'hurting' her bonded.

Rik was right behind the green, although he didn't try to take a snap at anyone. Instead he crooned reassuringly to the green and moved to her side, directing her away from the weyrlingmaster once she was done snapping at him. ~Yours is well, Jadziath-sister. We should go to her and A'lo-mine~ he coaxed and led her away.

Artemis yelped slightly at the dragon's reaction, but she couldn't really say anything. Hers was quite clearly upset over the emotions she was feeling... which WERE quite mixed. Fear, gruilt, apprehension, and perhaps even a small bit of self loathing, all of these mixed within Artemis as she thought about everything she had done. After all, she had failed everyone in getting pregnant, in letting D'rick seduce her.

A'lo continued holding his sister as she listened to what H'lee said about her training. They both nodded their understanding and it wasn't until the man's question that A'lo tensed and glared. It was clear that THAT particular topic struck a nerve. Instantly Rikraketh snarled softly in response to his bonded's emotions as the man looked at the brownrider. "We know who the father is," he growled out with more than enough hatred in his voice.

46A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Silvara

Silvara
Silvara for her part also jumped and recoiled from H'lee One hand going up to grab her head as she was hit with his emotions, the young-lings, their dragons, his dragons, HER dragons as well as the rest of the academy's population emotions did a sudden jump in surprise, fear, and worry. It was a bad day to be an Empath. She pulled herself together and stood before moving over to H’lee. She was glaring at him as she moved easily avoiding the upset dragonet’s as she moved close and then smacked him on the back of the head.

“Don’t do that again! Now take a seat and talk rationally with these two while I fetch the other healer since she just returned from gathering herbs and you and your dragon just near gave her a heart attack. Now not only are these two upset along with their dragons but so it the rest of the academy. You may want to send word to help get the other Dragonets calm again before things get worse. Also no going and damaging the father, I don’t want to have to worry about patching him up at the same time I am tending Artemis… that goes for you too A’lo.”

With that she walked past him and through a door to find the other healer who she assumed had since made it to the still room of the healer’s wing of the academy. She was glad she had remembered that she was now a Master healer and so could reprimand H’lee for his outburst. She was also hoping to grab some of the more potent herbs to help take the edge off her now throbbing head and dull her Empathy a little though not to much.

47A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:37 am

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
H'lee, admittedly, wasn't exactly used to young weyrling dragons trying to bite him; but there was usually at least one incident in every clutch where he frightened or angered a rider and the dragon tried to injure him. Not to mention, as a dragonhealer, he'd experienced plenty of adult dragons who had tried to bite him while he was treating him. He was older and wilier than the month-old hatching and had experience in dodging their attacks. However, that didn't make him perfect, especially considering how he'd been caught flat-footed with this whole situation.

Jadziath's first snap grazed his elbow before he fully realized she was in the room. Her next bite would have taken his forearm except that he reacted on instinct - and summoned Seeth at the same time. H'lee twisted sideways, but not away from her; toward her, getting inside her reach and away from her teeth. He put one hand on top of her head and one on the side of her neck closest to him to keep her jaws away from him until Seeth or Rikraketh got her under control. Seeth reached out mentally to still the green's body, as though she were one of his jobs as a partner to a dragonhealer. He couldn't sooth her rider or ease her own emotions, but he could make her stop trying to bite his rider if needed.

Rikraketh managed to move the green weyrling away from the Weyrlingmaster and before H'lee could turn to deliver his verdict on Artemis' training, he got smacked upside the back of his head by Silvara. She scolded him for upsetting everyone and he obligingly asked Seeth to tell Roth (who was in charge of the Tundra weyrlings) and Baroleth (in charge of the Snowflake weyrlings) to make sure the other weyrlings were settled down. He also asked Seeth to reassure the other adult dragons that things were okay.

With everything else settling down, he finally was able to dispense his verdict on the pregnant weyrling rider. "Who's the father?" he asked when A'lo said he knew. He also had a suspicion that Silvara knew, so if they didn't tell him, he'd find out from her anyway.

48A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Rikraketh had his sister settled and was doing his best to help soothe her and all of her rather explosive emotions. Although the little green was doing a good job of growling and complaining over H'lee's upsetting her bonded.

Artemis remained in her brother's grasp for the time being before she looked at the ground. She didn't know if SHE could say who the father was, but she knew that A'lo was about ready to go tear D'rick's head off as was. She took a deep breath and was about to respond when she felt her brother tighten his grip. "It was D'rick," he growled.

Artemis lifted her head after wiping her tears on her brother's shirt. "Lo..." she said softly, knowing that her brother was NOT happy. Actually, she knew full well that her brother wanted nothing more than to get D'rick alone in an abandoned corridor so he could beat the other weyrling to a pulp.

49A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
H'lee considered A'lo's answer for a long moment, studying the pair. He could tell by Artemis' reaction that her twin had spoken the truth. He could also hear his fury and see her concern that he'd do something he'd regret.

Before he started in on them again, he finally realized that A'lo believed his sister had been raped, not that she'd been willing in this. "Artemis," he said softly. "Did he take unfair advantage of you? Were you in any way unwilling and he made you do this anyway?"

50A Quick Visit... (Silv) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Quick Visit... (Silv) Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Artemis looked at A'lo before she sighed softly and glanced at H'lee. "He didn't force me, H'lee. It just... was a mistake," she said softly, knowing that she couldn't lie about something like this. After all, if she did and claimed rape... then there would be a lot of SEVERE consequences for D'rick... she couldn't do that to him. While they had made a mistake and were now paying for it, she would not lie and let him take all the blame for their actions.

A'lo glowered and looked at his sister, "He took advantage of you, Arty. You've never even had a boyfriend before this! Shards, have you even ever been interested in anyone prior to this?" he asked his sister.

"Uhm... well.. Not really... but we were always so busy..."

"EXACTLY! You're always focused on duty, and it was a part of your duty to keep from getting into this situation! The only reason I'll accept is that he tricked you," he growled at his sister, clearly still rather furious... as was evident by his dragon hissing and growling his annoyance.

Artemis sighed and shook her head, knowing there would be no arguing with her twin on this point. He wouldn't be likely to listen to her while knowing everything in their pasts.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum