Reverie Weyr
Cbox
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 17 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:31 am

Latest topics

» 3941.03.14 - Fort Weyr/Hold - Settling into Hiding {Silvara, T'lon, Sim, Alyena, H'lee}
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 7:23 pm

» Poll: DLG or books?
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 5:21 pm

» Threads to rp
by Silvara Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm

» New posting rules
by Alina Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:30 pm

» 2789.07.01 - It's back!...to the future? {T'lon, Silvara, Alina, H'lee}
by Kestrana Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:36 pm

» 2759.05.21 - Boys will be boys {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:08 pm

» 2765.09.23 - Halfway there {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:05 pm

» 3941.04.07 - Candidate Interviews
by Simmarrah Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:15 pm

» 3941.04.14-15 - Candidate Lesson #7 - Touching
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:59 pm

» 3941.04.13 - Candidate Lesson #6 - The Days Ahead
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Threads in the Main Site Plot
Threads in Site Mini-Plots
Affiliates & Acknowledgements

Affiliates

RolePlayGateway

Acknowledgements

All canon Pern content copyright to Anne McCaffrey. All non-canon Pern content copyright Kestrana. All draconic sprites/button images copyright to various artists (many images from Pern book covers; dragon sprite from "Dragonlady" fantasy portrait of Anne McCaffrey). All original characters copyright of their gamers.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Mine you shouldn't worry yourself, your Haranth is sure that Artemis is just fine.

I'm also worried about our child Haranth

Having this clutch seems to be worth a lot of struggle for you, mine, you don't get to graduate or anything because of this woman. The green was feeling particularly jealous as he waited for Artemis just outside her room door not wanting to cross that boundary (and thus cause more problems). Knowing that someone may get the wrong impression after all.

"Artemis are you there?" He called.

2 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:30 pm

Artemis had been feeling rather sore since their return from the mentor trip. Quite honestly, she was still frustrated at her twin, and had gotten to the point where she'd sent him away. She NEEDED to take care of herself, and having A'lo around pestering her was not helping. Despite the cracked rib, which was bandaged and healing up decently enough for her to move about. Although, it did hurt to do much and her brother and cousin had to help out A LOT with Jazz.

When she heard D'rick's voice, she sighed softly and moved to the exit. "Hey, D'rick. Come on in," she invited, knowing full well that NOTHING could possibly happen since she was in far too much pain... and she'd already gotten pregnant so it wasn't like more problems could come from their visit. When she was done inviting him in, she went over to her bed and leaned against the wall, needing to relax for a bit... and let the recently applied numbweed (which was put on by her twin before it got re-wrapped) take effect.

3 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:35 pm

He walked in carefully and sat down on a chair. "How are you feeling?" He could see the small lines on pain on her face and was worried. "I mean how is everything.And stuff." stress...So much stress. The teen realized very fast he'd soon have to tell his mother. And R'alras. The thought made him inwardly groan and his stomach hurt in anticipation.

He had a stack of papers in his bag that he had been carrying so that way the could legitimately study as well. Even though neither of them would get duties of a dragon rider he was determined to ensure that she had all the knowledge, since this was his fault. That damn hallway. Thankfully they hadn't visited it recently.

4 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Artemis gave him a half hearted smile, "As well as can be expected, all things considered. Better now that A'lo is off doing something else... as much as I appreciate his help... I prefer it when Ky is around to help. At least he understands that I just need a little rest and to let things heal," she explained, chuckling a little before she winced as it disturbed her ribs.

Jadziath looked up from her couch and snorted, she was not a happy hatchling, but at least she wasn't itchy... She just couldn't do much with her wing and that generally meant being careful while moving.

5 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:47 pm

He frowned he didn't particularly like Ky seeing her nude, and only tolerated A'lo really. "That's good...And your...other condition." He motioned down to her stomach. Looking over at the green he fished around in his bag for a second and pulled out the books.

"Some books from my mom's library. I told R'alras that I'm trying to study to be an over achiever." He plopped them in her reach, "But I want you to read them. This is all my fault."

6 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:53 pm

Artemis, quite honestly, didn't know what she would do without her cousin to help combat her brother's over protectiveness. Of course, she doubted that others would understand that her cousin (who was also the academy's masterhealer and an assistant weyrlingmaster) was quite honestly her "go to" healer. As much as she liked Silvara, she felt more comfortable dealing with her cousin.

"Well... I'm still pregnant, if that's what you're getting at. K'then said everything was still healthy and good as far as that was concerned. Although, I was also told that I need to start being more careful since that's twice recently that I've been injured. But I swear, if it wasn't for A'lo getting all over protective, I wouldn't have had so many people for that!" she grumbled, clearly still not happy about the issue that had managed to have both Alina AND H'lee show up with two healers. The only healer she was willing to have around was her cousin. Although, she had made certain she thanked Silvara for arriving and assured her that she had been perfectly fine... aside from frustrated at all the attention.

7 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:58 pm

"OH well..that's good." He shifted, suddenly he felt awkward. Like he was bugging her or worse that she didn't want him near her right now. "I mean. Uh, if you still think it is. You do right?" He scratched the back of his head slightly confused at this point.

"Also..on our next rest day...Do you want to go and do something just us two?" His thoughts lingered to the hallway again, "We could go out and shop, I've saved my marks." He shook his bag, "I want to take you to dinner."

8 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:07 pm

Artemis thought about his words for a moment and nodded her head. "I'm happy that nothing bad happened to the baby. I was rather concerned about that when I fell... between being scared out of my mind and feeling both Jazzy's and my own pain," she admitted to him, "And thank you for the books, D'rick. I will look at them later."

She paused as he suggested them going on a 'date'. On one hand, she really was all for the idea, despite them both having dragons. Of course, on the other hand was the simple fact that D'rick would have to worry about how A'lo and possibly K'then would react. Although, at least her cousin was more level headed and chances were that he wouldn't react too poorly to her spending time around her child's father. "Sure, although we'll have to wait and see how I feel then," she responded to him after a moment.

"How about you? Did you get injured too badly when Jazz fell on that glacier?"

9 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:00 pm

"Nah, just some bumps and bruises no worse for the wear I suppose. I mean I could have been worse off. But Haranth was on top of making sure I got out of the way in time." He reassured her. "Though I'm not looking forward to doing something like that again."

He was sheepish about the books. "Have you told your parents...about us, this...the well..everything." He was curious to see how she had handled it.

10 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:06 pm

She smiled as he reassured her and nodded her head, "That's good," she responded. She hadn't really thought about the others when she and Jadziath had fallen, but that didn't mean that she hoped that they were all okay. It was merely a matter of her fearing for her own life and that of her child and her dragon.

"I told them shortly after I found out about all of this... and while they are disappointed that it happened, I think they are just hoping that I get through this alright. Besides, A'lo was, and still is, the hardest to deal with of the bunch. Besides, do you HONESTLY think that with a dragonrider cousin who also happens to be the healer and one of the assistant weyrlingmasters, that someone wouldn't have passed on that message?" she asked him, chuckling.

11 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:10 pm

"R-really?" He blushed, "I haven't told mine yet...I just don't want them to be disappointed, and my family is really weird and screwed up....And my Aunt...Kayliyth god she's scary if I hurt mom she may just lose it on me!" He whimpered, "And I can't embarrass both the weyr and the Hold!" He sighed softly and had begun to stand and pace around.

"I just don't know how to tell my mother 'I met up with a great girl, and then I thought with the wrong head."

12 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:15 pm

She nodded her head before frowning and rising from her spot, wincing ever so slightly before she walked up to him and stopped him, her hand going towards his chest. "D'rick. Regardless of what you do or do not want to do, you HAVE to tell your family about this. I don't intend on getting rid of the baby, and I intend on figuring out just how I will get through weyrling lessons with an infant... even if it means that I have to get Ky or A'lo to help out," she explained, "And what are you going to tell them when the baby is here? Or did you intend on pretending that this didn't happen?"

She was pleased with his compliment, but she was more concerned with the simple fact that she had already decided she would not get rid of her baby. Male or female, she was a mother and she would do everything in her power to see too it that the baby was well taken care of. Especially that when they were finally ready for her to join in and work towards graduation.... she would have to figure something out.

13 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:18 pm

"Of course I'm going to tell them I just don't know how!" He stated exasperated, trying to contain himself at her touch, it was electrifing. "I mean the thing is, is she has this look." He tried to mimick a Daria look, with his brow furrowed and bottom lip pushed far out with his arms under his chest, resting on one hip. It looked hilarious and definately nothing like his mother.

"And when she does this look." He continued while holding the pose, "I literally feel ike I'm falling off the face of this planet."

14 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:23 pm

The girl raised her brow at him, trying to keep herself from laughing hysterically at him. He did not look all that intimidating, but she imagined that when his mother did that pose that it would look far scarier if his reaction was any indication. "Well, it's fairly easy to tell them once you get started. You will have to deal with their reaction sooner or later, and I sincerely doubt that your mother will be any happier if you keep it from her until after the baby is born," she stated simply. Of course, she had her twin brother standing over her shoulder and watching her as she wrote out the letter to let her parents know of her pregnancy before Zeus delivered the message.

15 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:28 pm

He sighed, she had a point, if he waited until the baby popped out well there would be more than Hell to pay for not telling his parents. BUT if he told them too soon then there would be hell to pay so many months in advanced...He sighed softly. "I know you're right. Do you think that a letter will do?" He paused, "no that would hurt more....I don't suppose you're up for a little trip any time soon?" Truth be told, telling his parents was far scarier alone than with someone there. Especially his mother. Thankfully he had droped the goofy look and was back to being his regular D'ricky self.

16 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:36 pm

Artemis frowned at him, knowing full well that the chances of them getting to Telgar were slim to none. Especially with her not being able to go between while pregnant. It was because of this that she raised a brow at him like he was crazy. "Uhm... not overly up for it. Between my injuries and my condition... I don't really see them letting me go. Why not just ask your mom to come here? Or didn't you say your grandmother lives at Snowy Hold? That's not that bad a trek from here and we could do that on a rest day if we wanted to," she suggested to him, knowing that they were far more likely to be able to head there than they were to be able to go to Telgar Weyr.

17 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:44 pm

"Hey that's a brilliant idea!" And with that he grabbed her cheeks and planted a kiss straight on her lips, and then quickly released bumbling and blushing. "Could we maybe send Zeus with a letter asking my mom to meet us there?" He was already whipping out a piece of parchement and inking in the next rest day and a request for his mother and step father to come to his grandmother's house. Grandma would just have a surprise visit!

I could fly you there Don't you think you're a bit small still? Well can I come at least? Maybe if you're good

18 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Artemis blinked at him as he planted a kiss randomly on her lips before she shook her head at him. At least her twin wasn't there to see THAT happen. "Sure, I imagine we could try that," and with that she had Jazz call Zeus over to her where the brown appeared moments later. He had a tendency to try spending time around Ky's gold flit ever since he caught the gold in her flight. Although, Artemis knew the little male would be more than happy to help... and to keep the knowledge from A'lo.

"Zeus, can you take his letter to Telgar Weyr?" she asked the little firelizard who chirped his confirmation and awaited the letter.

19 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:55 pm

He rolled it up and tied it tightly then secured it to the the little male. "Deliver this straight to my mother, Daria the weyrwoman. And NO ONE else!" He stressed and then added a few caresses of love to the critter. "Thank you little buddy."

Of course as Zeus would take off and fly away D'rick's stomach filled with dread.

--

It was even more dreadful on their next restday. Which had been several days later. D'rick was dressed in some of his causal Holder clothing, with his little green in tow, and had gently led his pregnant girlfriend through Snowy to his grandmother's house. Where upon arrival he pounded on the door hard.

"Gramps? Grams?" He called, "Anyone home?" even if they're not they'll hear you mine, yees you're loud!

20 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:01 pm

Of course, Sakura had gone out to pick up some things when her daughter showed up randomly claiming that the woman would have plenty of company before long. Apparently D'rick had called a family meeting and Daria was rather curious as to just what this was all about. As a result, it was D'rick's mother who answered the door. "Hi honey, who is this?" she asked, glancing at Artemis who smiled sheepishly.

"Hello, I'm Artemis from Ruatha Hold and rider of green Jadziath," she smiled as she introduced herself.

"It's nice to meet you dear. I'm D'ric's mother, Daria. Please, come inside, my mother should be home soon... and I think my uncle is around here somewhere..." the woman said as though it was the most natural thing on the planet. Arty simply gave D'rick an odd look. She had been surprised enough when A'lo hadn't followed them from the academy... but she had told him that she needed some time alone and that with her injuries not 100% healed, she would be fine.. besides, she needed someone she could trust to look after Jazz.

21 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:06 pm

D'tray came out of his shop a moment later looking like he had stood in soot. "D'rick! Who's the pretty little girl?"

"Oh her? That Haranth..." The dragon bonked him on the leg. "OH you mean Artemis? Right. Sorry. Artemis, this is my Great Uncle and Step Grandfather Dertray former Weyrleader of Telgar, and mate to Sakura.This is my mother, Daria rider of the beautiful Aquath. Who I'm pretty sure you've met before, and oh...hi R'alras. That's R'alras. He's just him."

"Wow everyone gets a formal introduction but me. I'm R'alras, current Weyrleader and husband to Daria, rider of bronze Rayth." He extended his hand to the girl. Dertray chuckled at Artemis' puzzled look.

"Honestly, don't ask sweetheart, its better to know me as Gramps. Everyone else does. It gets confusing and weird otherwise, and we dont' wnat you running away scared. What brings you kids here? Wait...Don't answer that until Sakura gets here, she'll skin me if we start without her."

22 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:12 pm

Daria chuckled at her uncle and mate before she smiled and watched as Artemis moved into the house, smiling at everyone. "It's nice to meet you all," she responded before nodding to Dertray as he explained, "Alright, I'll keep that in mind." With that she smiled slightly at him before she found a spot to sit down. Of course, this resulted in a slight wince as her ribs still felt slightly tender from time to time, but they were much better than they had been.

"D'rick, sweetie!" a voice called from the door once everyone was inside before the woman moved over to squeeze the living day lights out of the young man. "How is my handsome grandson? Oh, and the next time you invite your mother to my house, tell her to bring the triplets! Can you believe that she had the gull to leave them at the weyr?!" the woman complained.

"Mom! They're too young for the trip between and besides, they are in perfectly good hands!" the Telgar weyrwoman protested to her mother's complaints before settling down.

23 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:17 pm

He squeaked like a mouse and felt his ribs almost give way under the hug. "Grams! I'm sorry! I'll tell her next time I promise. Uhm. Grams this is Artemis, my girlfriend. Artemis this is Sakura the former weyr...Well She's my grandma." He finished. He couldn't bear to have his grandma upset right now.

"Why are we here and girlfriend? D'rick you're supposed to graduate first!" R'alras started and D'rick looked at the floor.

"Now now, let the boy finish. Sakura and I weren't exactly angels when we were weyrlings and nor was Daria if I remember correctly." Dertray interjected and D'rick shifted on his feet.

"Well about that...Uhm Mom...Dad...Grampa...and Grampa...uhm.." He coughed. "Artemis is pregnant with my baby."

"SHE'S WHAT?!" D'rk had just caught the last part. D'rick's face went ghost white and he fell over on the spot almost peeing himself in the process. Ducking down so no one could swat him the little green who had wiggled herself into the house was now trying to get to her bonded feeling the fear he felt.

MINE MINE I'LL SAVE YOU! Which meant going through people. Like Sakura. And R'alras.

24 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Artemis jumped slightly when D'rk shouted, looking towards the ground as Daria gave D'rick just the look he was afraid of. "What exactly do you mean she's pregnant?"

"Alright you guys! Calm down! And D'rick keep your dragon out of my house! It's brand new and the last thing I need is a dragon tearing it down!" the woman scolded her grandson before turning a glare on D'rk.

Artemis chose to stay quiet through this part, although she did wrap her arms around her midsection and sit on the couch as she tried to hide from problems that were being caused through this visit. She had a funny feeling that people in the house wouldn't like her too much as she knew her own family wasn't particularly happy with D'rick.

25 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:35 pm

"Haranth out out out!" He shooed the brute out (and she managed to break a few things and looked at the floor. "She'spregnantwithmybaby." He repeated again, "andwe'rekeepingitandI'mgoingtobeadad."

"Son, stop muttering," R'alras had gotten up after being knocked around and noticed Dertray had gone over to soothe the girl. The elderly man had brought her some water and a cookie. A freshly baked one at that.

"Here, eat this. No one is mad at you." He promised, "Kids will be kids, and such."

"I'm going to be a father." D'rick looked up at his mother trying to stare down the -look-. That parental look, "And we're keeping it. I don't want my kid growing up like you or I did mom." He snapped growing a set before shrivelling up. "Not that you didn't do the best you could for me."

The weyrling was stressed but thankfully Rayth was there. You need to calm down youngun, you affect your bonded and that isn't helpful.

They're mad at mine and he's scared and sad and I'm worried

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum