Reverie Weyr
Cbox
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 17 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:31 am

Latest topics

» 3941.03.14 - Fort Weyr/Hold - Settling into Hiding {Silvara, T'lon, Sim, Alyena, H'lee}
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 7:23 pm

» Poll: DLG or books?
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 5:21 pm

» Threads to rp
by Silvara Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm

» New posting rules
by Alina Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:30 pm

» 2789.07.01 - It's back!...to the future? {T'lon, Silvara, Alina, H'lee}
by Kestrana Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:36 pm

» 2759.05.21 - Boys will be boys {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:08 pm

» 2765.09.23 - Halfway there {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:05 pm

» 3941.04.07 - Candidate Interviews
by Simmarrah Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:15 pm

» 3941.04.14-15 - Candidate Lesson #7 - Touching
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:59 pm

» 3941.04.13 - Candidate Lesson #6 - The Days Ahead
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Threads in the Main Site Plot
Threads in Site Mini-Plots
Affiliates & Acknowledgements

Affiliates

RolePlayGateway

Acknowledgements

All canon Pern content copyright to Anne McCaffrey. All non-canon Pern content copyright Kestrana. All draconic sprites/button images copyright to various artists (many images from Pern book covers; dragon sprite from "Dragonlady" fantasy portrait of Anne McCaffrey). All original characters copyright of their gamers.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:42 pm

Artemis looked at Dertray before she smiled softly at him and accepted the drink and cookie. "Thank you. It's just awkward being here, is all. That... and... would you happen to have numbweed here?" she asked Dertray in a soft voice, knowing that she didn't really want to make a big fuss over needing it.

Daria watched her son before she sighed softly and moved close enough to hug him. "Alright, I can understand that. Although, you should know better than to have a relationship as a weyrling, sweetie. What color dragon did you say you have, Artemis?"

Artemis looked up from her spot, "A green."

27 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:46 pm

Dertray hadn't said a word but grabbed a rather large jar. "Here you are sweetie, and a green? D'rick yours was that green there wasn't it?" D'rick nodded, "Poor things."

"We're not...we're not graduating this turn because of it. It was my fault, and you can't be mad at Artemis, I was...I was thinking with the wrong brain. As dad would say." R'alras snorted as he sipped a glass of water himself.

"Graduation is over rated anyways. Do they have you sharing a weyr then or what?" He inquired, D'rk had managed to get over himself.

"Do you think this is the wisest choice Ria? Your son...his oportunities..." He looked at the boy, merely wanting the best. "I mean when did this happen? After you impressed?" D'rick shook his head. "You couldn't keep it in your pants until then? Gah..." He looked at Sakura though, really what could they say it was clearly in the family history.

28 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Artemis accepted the jar before realizing that she needed a little more than just the jar... like a private place to put it on. Although she had a feeling that if she left then it might cause questions as to why she needed numbweed. Regardless she looked sheepishly at Dertray. "Uhm... is there somewhere I could go to put it on?" she asked him. After all, most of her bruises were healed up (or mostly healed up).

Daria shrugged, "What exactly are we going to do about it? And I certainly hope they aren't going to disregard the rules that much... otherwise we'd have to ask H'lee what sort of academy he is running!" the weyrwoman snorted.

Artemis paused in her wait before looking up, "No... my brother is a weyrling as well... and he and I developed... gifts... and so we stay near the infirmary that way bluerider Silvara can give us special lessons," she explained softly.

29 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:57 pm

Dertray gave her a look "Why? D'rick you are a woman beater too?" He had begun to move towards the boy quickly and D'rick was already backing away.

"N-no sir! I would never NEVER hurt a woman Gramps! Mom tell him I couldn't or wouldn't hurt a woman! She got hurt in an avalanche." He explained watching his actual grandfather fend off Dertray. "Their bathroom is down the hall." D'rick pointed over the people towards the bathroom. "Fourth on the left."

R'alras nodded, "I wouldn't know I was a good boy. We waited until we were already riders." He teased Daria, D'rick rolled his eyes, "but I mean fair is fair. What are your plans to support the child?"

"I'm saving my marks." D'rick blushed brightly he had mentioned a date but truth be told he had been penny pinching lately.

30 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:10 pm

Artemis looked over at them, "He didn't do anything, I promise," she assured further, "My dragon is actually worse off than I am. She broke her wing in the fall..." she admitted before she headed off to the room indicated and began spreading numbweed on the injured ribs once inside.

Daria listened to this and raised a brow at her son. "How injured is that girl, D'rick? And why are you dragging someone who was injured like that on a trip from the academy to the hold?" the woman was suddenly upset. As much as she understood the whole idea of NOT wanting to be fussed over, she could not see any reason for them to even DARE chance causing her body more stress after whatever had happened.

31 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:16 pm

"Well she's not so black and blue." D'rick felt small, "Her twin and the healer said it would be okay as long as we didn't do anything too stressful like running or something." He reassured though he felt the stare of all his adult's eyes on him. "I'm going to go check on her." He slipped away quickly and into the room where she was helping herself. Slamming the door shut behind him he looked at her with pleading eyes. "They're like vultures now, ready to pluck my eyes out."

Dertray sighed, "You know what this isn't really my problem this time. I'm going back to the shop. GOod luck D'rk and Daria." Secretly he shot R'alras a wink and then went off on his merry way. R'alras rubbed his forehead.

"What now Daria?" D'rk had to nod in agreement, it was -her- son after all.

32 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:22 pm

Artemis jumped slightly as he entered the room, wincing in pain. She hadn't quite gotten to start when he entered and she sighed before starting. "Why do you say that/" she asked, having not heard the question about why he had brought her. Of course, this was asked as she had her back facing him and tried her best to put the stuff on, although kept flinching when she touched the spot and was having trouble putting it on.

Sakura chuckled at her mate before she looked to her daughter and decided that she would leave it up to D'rk and Daria, she was too old to deal with these issues! And with that in mind she followed her mate from the house. Daria looked to her father, "Honestly, I don't think there is anything that we can do, Dad. He's a weyrling now and it's already done. Unless you can think of some other answer to give?" she asked him.

33 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:25 pm

"Here just watching you do that hurts." He offered to help her and gently touched her shoulder. "They're now all concerned about you and me brining you here. I mean it probably was stupid but what else am I to do?" He sighed softly. "You have a twin, my siblings don't exactly miss me, or are in diapers and can't stop shitting themselves." He was referencing to the triplets of course.

"I don't know, just dammit all I thought we had gotten past the babies having babies with you and stuff." He sighed, R'alras touched Daria's shoulder.

"The best we got is to be supportive, maybe send a letter to H'lee asking that we be kept informed of the progress or something." He suggested, "That way we know what's going on, also a time table as to when they should possibly graduate."

34 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:34 pm

Artemis sighed, knowing that she was having troubles and let him help her. Of course, she knew full well not to tell A'lo. Her twin might be her twin and care about her... but he certainly didn't care for D'rick. "What about my twin? I know A'lo is a bit of a pain sometimes, but he's not that bad. He's just worried about me and he's been a huge help with Jazz. Though, we should probably head back soon.. I'm worried about Jazz. She gets so fidgety... I think she could end up doing real damage to that wing of hers, and A'dam said if she didn't bounce it around too much she should heal up perfect," she told him, frowning slightly.

Daria nodded her agreement with her mate before she looked to her father. "I think our family has an aversion to getting past that problem, dad.. At least for one child from each generation," she teased him before sighing and looking at the door.

35 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:37 pm

"And Haranth is nervous too, I agree. Plus you know very well your brother likes me like he likes the plague." His fingers worked quickly and as gently as they could but he didn't baby her and got it over with fast. "There, good as new." Of course in the process of helping her he head butted her chest. "Sorry." He grunted, "At least they're soft."

"True, I think so. What're they doing in there anywyas?" D'rk pointed at the door and R'alras being a good son in law went and rapped on it smartly.

"Everything okay in there? NO funny business!"

36 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:42 pm

She had to agree with his comment about her brother, although she couldn't really respond as he applied the numbweed. She couldn't help it, her ribs were still tender and even applying the stuff on there hurt. As such, she had gripped his arm with one hand... rather tightly. When he headbutted her chest, she yelped and moved her hand to cover that spot. "Maybe, but your head isn't!" she protested.

When R'alras rapped on the door, she jumped slightly. "No funny business, don't worry. It hurts bad enough putting that numbweed on there for funny business!" she pointed out, nevermind that she wasn't interested in doing anything until she had 'popped' AND they had graduated. If things worked from there, then she wouldn't object.

Of course, once her shirt was pulled down again, she opened the door to prove this before exiting the room.

37 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:46 pm

He sighed, he wouldn't mind some 'funny' business. But that's what got them into this mess. Well partially its not like HE suggested ice collasp. "Sorry." He muttered again, "We should be going her weyrling is very...anxious without her and we need to study for tests and stuff. I just wanted to tell you mom." He hugged his mother.

R'alras watched his step son and Artemis, "Do you kids need a ride home?" He asked, "I'd be glad to fly you there."

38 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:50 pm

Daria returned her son's hug before nodding her head in agreement. Of course, she wasn't likely to go with them, deciding that she should spend some time with her mother and uncle, a sentiment she was certain her father would agree to.

Artemis thought on it, "We could try. I need to drink more of that tea that Silvara makes for me. Not that my cousin doesn't know how to make it," she commented, mostly cause she already was starting to feel dizzy... something that was proven a second later when she randomly grabbed hold of D'rick (and R'alras), to try and stop the room from spinning.

39 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:54 pm

D'rick yelped. "Art!" He gripped her in return trying to hold her close to him so she would pass it. "Did you bring the tea?" He whispered softly. "We can get you home. Dad will take you home, and I"ll walk so Rayth can fly faster. Okay?" He kissed her temple gently. Looking at his step father for help.

"Well of course, are you sure son? I can make a quick trip with you after."

"No. I gotta take Haranth home and she can't go between yet." he assured the man. "we'll be okay."

40 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:59 pm

Artemis released the two men a second later, "I didn't bring any with me, although I probably should have," she admitted as she took a deep, steadying breath. Her eyes turned to the bronzerider that she had gripped in the process. "Sorry about that, I wish these dizzy spells would stop... it's highly disorienting when the world starts spinning," she smiled, trying to lighten the mood of things. Quite honestly, she didn't want them all fussing over her, but she knew if the dizzy spells started.. then before long she would be throwing up... and that was not a helpful thing.

41 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:09 pm

R'alras sighed softly, "Its alright, Daria got dizzy too, though she would puke and get dizzy. Rayth says barf bags aren't supplied by him." He teased lightly and D'rick groaned and hid his face in his hand.

"Daddd.." He whined softly. "Just take her home I"ll be there shortly."

"Right, this way." R'alras led her out to the large lumbering brute who bowed down as low as he could go offering a claw up to help the pregnant lady. "No between for us so it'll be a bit."

D'rick had said his farewells and off he went.

42 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:14 pm

Artemis smiled at the man's words as he helped her out to the dragon where she could climb up onto his bronze. It was rather disorienting and she had to clutch onto one of the ridges once up. Of course, she had returned D'rick's farewells and assured him that she would be careful. After all, she knew full well that there was always the chance that her dizziness COULD get the best of her.

Aquath snorted at her mate and the humans. The large gold was quite ready to simply enjoy a nice nap. After all, it was far quieter without the three hatchlings screaming whenever they wanted something!

===

When they arrived at the academy, she thanked R'alras before getting more tea and drinking it slowly. By this point she was back in her room with her dragon... and her twin. Of course, he was still grumbling about her going to the hold in the first place... and it included grumbles about how much of a pansy D'rick was that he couldn't tell his family on his own.

43 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:21 pm

D'rick arrived a few hours later and he came and knocked the her door (after making sure that Haranth had settled). "Art, did you make it okay?" He inquired through the door. "I want to thank you for coming again." He called, though he sighed softly. Since they had become weyrlings and this whole thing had blown up they really hadn't been talking more or anything really.

Plus he wanted to visit the hallway again. Really bad. Damn that hallway.

44 Re: Meeting up with Her on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:30 pm

A'lo grumbled when he heard the voice on the other side of the door, but he let his sister answer it for herself. He really didn't like D'rick. With that thought in mind, he went to go check on Jazz who growled from the ledge having been curled up and talking to Rikraketh. When he mentioned how upset his bonded was, the two hatchlings hissed their displeasure. Although, Jazz ended up bumping her wing and yelping out, something that caused Artemis to do the same.

"I'm here, I'm fine." she snapped quickly, turning to hurry back towards her dragon to check on the wing. Her brother had stayed behind and glared at D'rick.

45 Re: Meeting up with Her on Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:00 pm

D'rick glared in return, "Oh A'lo. You're here." He wiped the sweat from his brow. "I was just coming to check on you but I see you're a bit...preoccupied." He attempted to hide his displeasure. "I don't want to interrupt family time. I'll catch you later Art."

Before he turned to leave though he did shoot another look at A'lo. "Honestly she wouldn't be hurt if it wasn't for you A'lo. I suppose this is how you're trying to make it up to her." He sneered.

46 Re: Meeting up with Her on Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:05 pm

A'lo glared at the D'rick, before he got a shocked look on his face. HIS fault his sister was hurt? He was at the FRONT of the line with K'then! How in the sharding hells was it HIS fault his twin was injured? Of course, he didn't need to say anything as Artemis had heard the comment and came storming out in all her pregnant, hormonal grumpiness. "IT WAS NOT HIS FAULT THAT I GOT HURT! IT WAS NO ONE'S FAULT THAT I GOT HURT AND IF YOU TWO CANNOT PLAY NICE THEN THE BOTH OF YOU CAN GET OUT OF MY SHARDING WEYR!" she growled at them, followed closely by a hissing sound of displeasure from Jazz.

A'lo blinked at his sister before he frowned, "Sorry sis, I gotta go check on Rik. Let me know if Jazz needs anything more," he said before heading from the weyr, knowing better than to mess with his sister.

47 Re: Meeting up with Her on Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:11 pm

D'rick blinked a few times, "Hey what's the point at yelling at me? You think this is fun for me?" He snapped quickly, "I went from graduating with my class to not because I got you pregnant and I have to watch as your brother tends to you and steals and more of your time. Between lessons and everything else I'll be lucky if I ever see the baby when its born!" He snapped back feeling Haranth shifting in his mind.

48 Re: Meeting up with Her on Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:15 pm

Artemis looked at him, rather pissed that he had snapped at her brother like that. "Then ASK me to spend time with you. My brother has been there for me because he is my twin and he worries about me. Would you expect anything less? Why can't you two just try and get along? And WHY did you feel the need to tell him it's HIS fault I'm injured? My injuries came from that glacier when Jazz and I FELL. He was nowhere near me. YOU were closer to where I was than he was," she sighed, feeling annoyed, "Besides, how much time you spend around the baby is dependent upon YOU. And I'm sorry that my getting pregnant ruined YOUR happy little world." She then turned, all upset and annoyed as she stalked over to her bed and sat down on it. It wasn't like she had WANTED to get pregnant. If he had a problem with it... well... it wasn't like she was ASKING him to help with anything.

49 Re: Meeting up with Her on Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:26 pm

"Its hard to ask when you have a sharding body guard constantly there! Its not my fault he doesn't like me he should try harder!" D'rick surmised. "I want to spend time with you and the baby when it comes but seeing you constnatly over whelmed with him I try and respect you and give you space. But you don't think of that do you?" He snapped,

"And you're right, I'm sorry your brother would -never- do anything jepordize you." He snarled.

50 Re: Meeting up with Her on Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:30 pm

"My brother wasn't THERE! How is it his fault! And I've told you already, all you have to do is ASK! Who cares if A'lo is there? I have no problems with sending him away if need be!" she grumbled at him. Why was he snarling and snapping at her anyways? What had she done wrong? Her brother was there to HELP her, he wanted to do what he could to take care of Jadziath and he wanted to take care of Artemis. After all, it wasn't like D'rick ever found the time to come help her or even offer it. Although, she wasn't about to mention that.

Finally she simply just laid on the bed and curled up, feeling rather upset right then. "Y'know what, D'rick, I'm sorry that this happened and ruined things for you. You don't have to do anything if you don't want to," she stated suddenly and continued to lay there. Clearly upset with the whole business, after all he was upset (in part) because he couldn't graduate since he'd gotten her pregnant. Nevermind that she couldn't graduate either, AND she had a parasite growing in her uterus... it didn't seem fair that HE was the one upset over this.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum