Reverie Weyr
Cbox
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 17 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:31 am

Latest topics

» 3941.03.14 - Fort Weyr/Hold - Settling into Hiding {Silvara, T'lon, Sim, Alyena, H'lee}
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 7:23 pm

» Poll: DLG or books?
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 5:21 pm

» Threads to rp
by Silvara Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm

» New posting rules
by Alina Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:30 pm

» 2789.07.01 - It's back!...to the future? {T'lon, Silvara, Alina, H'lee}
by Kestrana Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:36 pm

» 2759.05.21 - Boys will be boys {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:08 pm

» 2765.09.23 - Halfway there {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:05 pm

» 3941.04.07 - Candidate Interviews
by Simmarrah Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:15 pm

» 3941.04.14-15 - Candidate Lesson #7 - Touching
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:59 pm

» 3941.04.13 - Candidate Lesson #6 - The Days Ahead
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Threads in the Main Site Plot
Threads in Site Mini-Plots
Affiliates & Acknowledgements

Affiliates

RolePlayGateway

Acknowledgements

All canon Pern content copyright to Anne McCaffrey. All non-canon Pern content copyright Kestrana. All draconic sprites/button images copyright to various artists (many images from Pern book covers; dragon sprite from "Dragonlady" fantasy portrait of Anne McCaffrey). All original characters copyright of their gamers.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Gettimg some much needed help (Snowy Hold) on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:09 pm

Alexander had found himself approached by ome of the dragonriders, Erin. The woman had told him that she had a friend she wanted him to meet. Of course she told him she thought they would be great friends. At first the man was a little weary of the thought that she might try to get him near a dragon... but then she said it was a healer who mifght be able to help him get past his fear of dragons.

Natrally, today was the day he uad agreed to meet this mind healer. "Psych... I'm not sure if this was a good idea..." he worried to the young devil kitten. She was only about 4 or 5 months old by now. Although for now she ws calmly curled up in his lap amd purring like an engine. She didnt know anything about the woman that would be arriving soon... if Alec's memory wasnr lying to him...

Silvara

Moderator / Master Healer
Silvara walked along heading towards the home that Erin had told her was the location of one Alexander aka Alec who it seemed had a phobia of Dragons. It still boggled her mind that any one could be afraid of the guardians of Pern but she shrugged it off and agreed to see if she could help the poor man with his problem. Warrelith was up at the reaches sunning himself content to stay there till she walked back feeling it best that Alec not see her dragon while so griped by fear of them. Knocking on the door to the room the man was in she poked her raven haired head inside smiling ever so as to give a more friendly air.

"Hello. I am Silvara. Erin says your Alec and you might want some one to talk with."

She left out the part that she was there to try and "heal" him of his fear since that would only put him on edge. It was surprising how often just talking out a fear and having the reasons that the fear was groundless worked wonders in helping people conquer their fears.
View user profile

Alec glanced towards the door as he heard the knock. A second later his eyes fell upon Silvara and he smiled a warm greeting at her. "It' s nice to meet you. This here is Psyho and that lazy thing on the chair is Lore," he introduced his pets readily. Naturally, the kitten in his lap watched the new comer with ,ild interest, deciding on whether or not to attack or just remain where she was and get petted.

Naturally, it was at that point that Lore decided to ,ove from his place to go investigate the new woman. The large orange tabby sniffed with mild interest at her ankles and feet, wonderig if she would get the hint and pet him.

Psycho enjoyed her position enouh to ignore the stranger. She was incredibly comfortable on her owners lap, and the purring was enough of a hint of that.

Silvara

Silvara smiled and bent down softly stroking the kitty cat rubbing against her legs while nodding at the mans words.

"They are adorable. Reminds me of my own Kitten Cali."

She gently picked the kitty up before moving the rest of the way into the room to sit down on the chair that Lore had been in. Lightly stroking his fur while looking at his person.

"So tell me about yourself. We can talk about anything you want to talk about."

She was pleased that things were getting off to a good start. She just hoped she could help him.
View user profile

Alec smiled as he watched Lore happily accept the woman's attention. In fact, by the time she was seated in the chair... the tabby was purring away, perfectly content to have someone give him attention. Naturally, it was about that time that Psycho decided she wanted to go do something else and thus the kitten darted off to parts unknown.

"Hm... well, there's not really a lot to tell. I'm a computerer with two cats... although I imagine I'd have a lot more if I got the chance... I'm just waiting for that moment to come around when I can get more pets," he chuckled, "Not that Psycho and Lore aren't hand fulls in their own rights!"

By the time he'd finished, Psycho had decided to stalk Silv's foot...

Silvara

Silv continued to stroke the kitten in her lap while listening to him. She smiled slightly at his interest in having more pets. She was not sure how healthy that would be if he got to many but she let it go.

"Computerer... wow... I would be so lost trying to do that. I prefer healing and smithing myself. Helping people makes me feel good. While the smithing keeps me out of trouble."

She noticed Psycho but just smirked faintly noting that the kitten seemed ready to go for her booted foot. She did not mind as she continued to focus on the man.
View user profile

Lore's eyes were closed as he curled in Silv's lap as she pet him. His tail rhythmically tapped his lap as he started to fall asleep... at least until Psycho got closer. It seemed the kitten wasn't interested in Silv's foot any lonter... and before long she was launching herself at the older cat who yowled in surprise before darting off into some high up location that was harder for Psycho to reach.

Alec chuckled at the cats before smiling apologetically to the healer. "I'm sorry about them, Silvara. Psycho has earned her name, and she enjoys nothing more than pestering Lore," he chuckled, "And yeah, I absolutely love computers and the idea that this was a technology so readily used by our ancestors... and it was lost for so many turns. I can't really imagine what it would have been like if we had them around through all the attacks from thread. Although, I will admit that there are some interesting stories and facts about Earth," he chuckled.

Truth be told, he had been working with AIVAS on and off... although he was hoping to get some more time with the ancient computer!

8 Re: Gettimg some much needed help (Snowy Hold) on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Silvara

Silvara squeeked softly as the kitten attacked the Cat in her lap then shook her head as Lore hid. She was glad she only had one little one to worry about who loved to snuggle with Warrelith.

"It's ok. I kind of expect the kittens and cat's to play in their own way. Much like Fire Lizards or any other pets. They have their own style. Humm... Earth... it's hard to think that our ancestors came from some other planet far far away. Maybe you can tell me some of those story's. Well me and the Harpers since they are always wanting new things to sing about and tell tales over."

She was trying to draw him out as well as seeing how he reacted to the word Fire Lizard since they were the smaller kin to the large dragons. She was hoping to see if he was as afraid of them as he was to full dragons.
View user profile

9 Re: Gettimg some much needed help (Snowy Hold) on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:34 pm

The thing was, that the stories he had come across of dragons... never mentioned them being small creatures. And he had never had problems with firelizards in the past. Thus, he chuckled at her words and nodded his head in agreement. The small dragons were one of the creatures he was half oping to add to his collection... after all they couldn't eat him!

Or maybe they were like those little.. uhm.. what was it that the ancients called them? Dinosaurs? "Have you ever heard of a strange creature called a dinosaur? Supposedly they were HUGE, like the size of a mountain... well... not all of them..." he paused and got up to go scrounge around to see if he could find any notes on them.

10 Re: Gettimg some much needed help (Snowy Hold) on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:25 pm

Silvara

Silvara was pleased to see that he had no ill reaction to the fire lizards and even seemed amused. His topic made her tilt her head then shake it no at the question.

"Nope never herd of them before. I take it they were something from earth tho."

She watched as he got up to look around for something and thinking that at least she had a point to start with. Especially if she could get him to see that dragons were just larger version's of fire lizards. A little grin coming to her lips that maybe if he had a flitt of is own it would help get him to see that the dragons were not the blood thirsty monsters he seemed to think they were. Now she just needed to find a clutch of Flitt eggs and get him one.
View user profile

11 Re: Gettimg some much needed help (Snowy Hold) on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:31 pm

Alec continued digging through his notes before he went 'AH HA!" Instantly he pulled something from a stack of papers in a corner of the room before walking over and showing her a drawing of the giant reptiles from Earth.

"According to the research I found, they were gone long before humans... but they were huge! Or at least some of them were. There was notes in there of ones that were the size of firelizards that could be extremely dangerous. They would group up and eat a creature alive. Horrible way to die. Hopefully I never find firelizards that are like that, but these creatures didn't have wings. Or at least these particular ones didn't. The history of creatures from Earth is quite interesting. Did you know that they had dinosaurs that were as big as dragons, who could fly, and would eat other creatures?" he pointed out, which would likely point to part of his problem. He associated the dragons to these Pterodactyls. Not that Silvara was likely to realize the name of these particular dinosaurs.

12 Re: Gettimg some much needed help (Snowy Hold) on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:37 pm

Silvara

Silvara looked at the notes nodding at his words. She was glad that he was willing to share his knowledge and was so friendly since it made things easier all around. She could tell he was not a bad guy just a little confused. She looked at the notes more and made a face a the thought of little sudo fire lizards eating other critters alive. She did catch onto the idea that the larger flying dinosaurs would seem like the dragons of now and that was a good place to start. Looking at his notes more to see if there was any mention of diet.

"Interesting. Do the records say what kind of creatures they ate? Flitts seem to like fish more then anything but any meat works. I know several of the riders say their dragons always want fish but it's hard to get a large enough serving."

Which was true. Warrelith was one who had a sweet tooth for fish and had found that there were some fish out in the deep water that were big enough that with five or six he would feel full.(Think Wild Adult Tuna)
View user profile

13 Re: Gettimg some much needed help (Snowy Hold) on Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:02 pm

Alec thought about it before he looked around through his notes and shrugged. They didn't really like fish because most were supposedly HUGE! Bigger than dolphins, even," he commented, "Although I do think there were some that liked to eat fish... the dragon like ones might even have been amongst those," he frowned. He didn't remember if he took notes on that.

He then thought of something, "Oh! And they had lore that involved dragons too!" With that he pulled out other information that commented about the evil dragons who would do various things such as hoard gold, eat peopple, cows, ect... and other things.

14 Re: Gettimg some much needed help (Snowy Hold) on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Silvara

Silvara nodded taking the new set of notes he handed her. She looked them over and mental rolled her eyes. 'Burning crops, eating people, hording Gold? Really?' The thoughts skittered through her head but she kept her mouth shut on those words not wanting to upset him.

"It would be interesting to see how different those dragons are to those here on Pern. Since as far back as our records go there has never been any accounts of this kind. Only burning thread... which protected all of us."

She watched him to see what he would respond with.
View user profile

15 Re: Gettimg some much needed help (Snowy Hold) on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Alec listened to her words after she had read over the list of things he had discovered. Quite frankly, he believed that such stories were highly important, and they must have held SOME truth to them! Maybe there were dragons out htere who DIDN'T have riders? What if THEY were the ones who were going to eat people? Firelizards could survive without bondeds, after all. Why should dragons be any different? They were bigger and better at hunting...

"Well, they still have the ability to burn things! Without thread, what are they going to use firestone for? I know weyrs still use it! And what if a dragon goes on a rampage and decides to eat us all? There is nothing to stop them! Especially those gold ones!" he announced, "Besides, what if there are wild dragons that we don't know about? There are wild firelizards and dragonets everywhere! Why should dragons be any different!?" Yes... the man was odd.

16 Re: Gettimg some much needed help (Snowy Hold) on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:55 pm

Silvara

She tilted her head to show that she was thinking over what he was saying. Even if in the back of her head she had to wounder if he had read anything about all the safeguards that went into the dragons that the old records on those computers also spoke of. She would leave it be for now tho.

"I don't think any dragon bonded to a human would do such a thing. As for unbonded dragons to my knowing if a hatchling does not bond they go between to die but if you can find proof that there are some then we can see about putting in safe guards against any rouge dragons that may cause issues."

She wanted him to see her as a friend and as some one reasonable to talk with. So she would tread with care and hopefully with time he would come to realize that dragons were not the scary monsters he seemed to see them as.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum