Reverie Weyr
Cbox
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 17 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:31 am

Latest topics

» 3941.03.14 - Fort Weyr/Hold - Settling into Hiding {Silvara, T'lon, Sim, Alyena, H'lee}
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 7:23 pm

» Poll: DLG or books?
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 5:21 pm

» Threads to rp
by Silvara Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm

» New posting rules
by Alina Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:30 pm

» 2789.07.01 - It's back!...to the future? {T'lon, Silvara, Alina, H'lee}
by Kestrana Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:36 pm

» 2759.05.21 - Boys will be boys {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:08 pm

» 2765.09.23 - Halfway there {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:05 pm

» 3941.04.07 - Candidate Interviews
by Simmarrah Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:15 pm

» 3941.04.14-15 - Candidate Lesson #7 - Touching
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:59 pm

» 3941.04.13 - Candidate Lesson #6 - The Days Ahead
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Threads in the Main Site Plot
Threads in Site Mini-Plots
Affiliates & Acknowledgements

Affiliates

RolePlayGateway

Acknowledgements

All canon Pern content copyright to Anne McCaffrey. All non-canon Pern content copyright Kestrana. All draconic sprites/button images copyright to various artists (many images from Pern book covers; dragon sprite from "Dragonlady" fantasy portrait of Anne McCaffrey). All original characters copyright of their gamers.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kestrana

Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Okay, so, as I've mentioned, I'm rereading a number of the Pern books and realizing a bunch of stuff that isn't in the DLG (mostly details). Things like random bits and pieces of the Charter, for example.

Probably the most problematic one, for our site's characters, is the corrections to the Crafter Guidelines, more specifically in the ages at which people can be officially accepted into a Craft and when they can walk the tables.

Previously, Apprentices were accepted at age 8, Journeymen at age 12, Masters at age 20, and Mastercrafters at age 25.

Based on the contents of The Masterharper of Pern, these numbers are incorrect. According to that book, children are entitled to remain in their mother's charge until the age of 12; although they can attend Craft lessons prior to that, they cannot be officially accepted into the Hall until then.

Merelan also makes reference to Robinton not being able to make Journeyman until 18 (although the other Masters think that he's exceptional enough to break the rule - and indeed, they walk him at age 15, although that was mostly to keep him away from his father).

Robinton made Master at 27 (assuming I didn't miscount the Turns as I read) and was accepted as Masterharper at age 30, and although it's implied that he's younger than usual, no one made any uproar over it.

So the new ages are 12, 18, 25, and 30.

Please adjust your characters who have chosen Crafts accordingly! I don't think anyone has a character under the age of 12 except for my Loraine, and since she's not been too involved in anything, I'm going to simply adjust her age to match her Craft rank. If there's someone else of that age that I'm not recalling, you can choose between doing the same thing, or changing the character to a rank of "weyrbrat" or "holdbrat."
View user profile http://reverie.forumotion.net

Last edited by Kestrana on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Kestrana

Admin / Weyrlingmaster
To clarify, this doesn't necessarily botch anyone's histories. Just because they can't officially be accepted to a Craft until age 12 doesn't mean they can't go/be sent to the Hall before that age.

The main thing this would affect is how many Marks you have (which hasn't been calculated for most of our characters, so...eh), and how old any pets are which you obtained as a result of taking an Apprenticeship/walking the tables. It may also affect your current rank in that Craft.

But that should be it. If you have any questions, please post them here or grab me on IM/in the cbox.

Kestrana

Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Oh, and one more thing...

To help give Snowy Hold some more activity and some characters something to do, all Master Crafters are required to host at least one IC lesson in their Craft every six months. And each lesson needs to be on something different - no repeating! Since we're getting a late start this year, the Masters are only required to complete one lesson by December 31st, 2012.

I will be posting lesson schedules over the next several days; I'll start with those Crafts which we have PC Masters for so y'all can start thinking about what lesson you want to run between now and the end of the year!

Also, Journey(wo)men need to host at least one IC lesson in their Craft per year. Because of the late start, I'm not going to require one before December 31st this year.

Kestrana

Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Once I have all the lesson schedules assembled (or at least the ones that I already have outlines for), I'll be creating threads for each class for y'all to post in. Those threads will also include a count of how many posts you need to make to pass the class (it'll vary from 1-5, for the most part, I think - 80% is required).

Then I'll create a board in the Reference Guides and there'll be a page in there for each Craft.

Masters in a Craft are expected to help maintain these pages (a.k.a., verifying the accuracy of info provided in the lesson threads and adding it to the Craft page). Moderators are asked to pitch in for those Crafts we don't have Masters for. :-)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum