Reverie Weyr
Cbox
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 17 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:31 am

Latest topics

» 3941.03.14 - Fort Weyr/Hold - Settling into Hiding {Silvara, T'lon, Sim, Alyena, H'lee}
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 7:23 pm

» Poll: DLG or books?
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 5:21 pm

» Threads to rp
by Silvara Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm

» New posting rules
by Alina Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:30 pm

» 2789.07.01 - It's back!...to the future? {T'lon, Silvara, Alina, H'lee}
by Kestrana Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:36 pm

» 2759.05.21 - Boys will be boys {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:08 pm

» 2765.09.23 - Halfway there {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:05 pm

» 3941.04.07 - Candidate Interviews
by Simmarrah Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:15 pm

» 3941.04.14-15 - Candidate Lesson #7 - Touching
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:59 pm

» 3941.04.13 - Candidate Lesson #6 - The Days Ahead
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Threads in the Main Site Plot
Threads in Site Mini-Plots
Affiliates & Acknowledgements

Affiliates

RolePlayGateway

Acknowledgements

All canon Pern content copyright to Anne McCaffrey. All non-canon Pern content copyright Kestrana. All draconic sprites/button images copyright to various artists (many images from Pern book covers; dragon sprite from "Dragonlady" fantasy portrait of Anne McCaffrey). All original characters copyright of their gamers.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:52 pm

Artemis had been having a rough week so far, and was incredibly happy to hear that they would have some time off again. Well, as off as was possible. With two months left in her pregnancy, the poor girl felt like she was the size of a house and was done being pregnant... she just wanted the next two months to go by. She wanted things to get to the point where she could have her baby and move on.

The only problem, for the time being her ankles were swollen and her back hurt. She was sore constantly, and exhausted half the time. Not that it kept her from showing up to her lessons, she was just thankful that she spent her time sitting on the side lines to keep her away from the danger of falling off her 7 month old dragon.

She also found she was hungry and craving wherry meat and bubbly pies. Something she was hoping she could convince either A'lo or D'rick to get for her... or maybe she would be able to get her newly hatched firelizard to help? Sakka was currently curled up on Artemis's pillow, enjoying a nap. She enjoyed her rest, although she was bound to wake up shortly and demand food from her bonded...

Jadziath snorted at her rider, wanting her rider to stop the mental tirade of complaints.

2 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:01 pm

D'rick had been noticing the increased requests for bubblies and something meaty and delicious, and knew going to visit Arty usually would cost him one or the other (perhaps both if her mood so chose it), and today was no different. Gently the young man rapped on her door.

"Delivery! Fresh bubblies, with a side of a meaty sandwhich!" He called through the door, opening it with his plate in hand. Haranth had been trying to convince him to just drop it and stop trying so hard, but lately he had been pushing harder and harder to be there for Artemis, he wanted to pove to her sibling that he wasn't just a debeat who had happened to get the girl pregnant.

3 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:12 pm

Artemis glanced up at him, having been resting and looking at her stomach. It seemed HUGE to her. However, at the announcement that he had bubblies and meaty sandchiches.... well... needless to say the woman was sitting up and looking eagerly at him. "Oh! You're the best!!" she exclaimed happily to the man, wincing when she went to stand up and greet him. Sadly, her ankles still didn't particularly appreciate the added weight being pregnant had given her.

Sakka looked up from her slumber, clearly interested in the prospect of food as well.

4 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Grumps, as D'rick lovingly called his new blue flit, was perched atop of D'rick's head and chirped lightly, hissing grumpily at Arty as D'rick passed off the food. "Oh hush." He told the beast, "And of course I am, how're you feeling?" He asked brightly at her. He then looked around and plopped his bottom own close enough to her. "YOu Should just sit down and relax though." He suggested gently to her, noting that once again her ankles were swollen (or perhaps still?). "Do you want a foot rub?"

5 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:35 pm

The woman smiled at him and allowed herself to sit down before she thought about his proposal. "I would LOVE one! And I feel fat!" she announced to him as she pushed herself onto her bed more and moved her feet onto his lap, smiling at him and eating her food already. Dipping the sandwich into the bubbly pie.

Sakka moved close enough to snag a couple bites from her bonded's sandwich before she flew off to some area after sticking her paws in the bubbly pie so that she could start painting on the walls. She did love making her pictures!

6 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:49 pm

He snorted and began to rub her feet, getting disapproving looks from his mini beast. "well you're not fat, you're pregnant. And you look beautiful so nonsense." HE pointed out, gently rubbing her feet and ankles. "How do you do it though? Like I swore we got the swelling down just yesterday." He pointed out to her playfully.

7 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:05 am

Artemis had to admit, she enjoyed it when D'rick rubbed her feet and ankles, and knew full well that if she were a firelizard or a dragon... she would be crooning right about then. Instead, she just let the relief that his magic fingers brought work over her tired and sore extremities before looking at him as he playfully teased her.

"Hey, it's not my fault your child weighs as much as a dragon! It's hard walking around carying a baby!" she responded, smiling at him to show she was only playing around. Of course, she was absolutely in love with their unborn child... and it was for that very reason she had already decided that she would be keeping the infant.. when it was born, at least.

Of course, nothing could have prepared them for what happened next. "Dertray! Stop your whining! We had to get your brother's help to get here or else we'd still be walking! You know full well you are absolutely useless on a runner!" the aged ex-weyrwoman scolded her mate, walking into the weyr, "I would have thought that D'rick would have been higher up in the weyrs though... Or well, you don't suppose this might be that girl's weyr, do you?" Yes... Sakura had gotten much louder in her old age.

Artemis glanced at D'rick, uncertain about the idea of seeing his family when she really hadn't done much of anything that day. But at least she had gotten used to seeing D'rick when she wasn't at her best, but his family was quite the different story.

8 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:29 pm

"Its not m-...Oh no." He groaned he hearded his grandmother and went pale. "Really?" He groaned, feeling rather nervous about the entire thing. After all it wasn't a greatest first impressions.

Dertray grumbled softly. "I can ride a runner just fine dear. My hips are just weak." He responded. "Honestly honey D'rick is probably close to the girl. I know I would have been, so it could be that this is where they live. What's wrong with it? I mean it smells bad, sure. And the food here isn't the greatest. Ohh my hip." He groaned, as Shay crooned softly at his bonded curled protectively around Dertray's neck.

9 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:35 pm

Night was rather upset. Her usual perch was taken up by her son. Probably the only reason the young creature hadn't been yelled at a lot. However, that didn't stop the gold from perching on the man's head.

Sakura looked at him. "It still makes you useless on a runner! Who wants to ride a runner with all the complaints you give!" she teased her mate before walking into the room and spotting her grandson rubbing Artemis's ankles and feet. "Oh! Tray! Look at them! How come you didn't rub my feet when I was pregnant with Nalon?" she asked her mate (not really remembering one way or the other). "Oh! And sweetie! We wanted to come and tell you two that as a wedding present, we got you a holding!" Yes, the woman was senile.

Artemis, for her part, instantly started coughing on her bubbly pie covered sandwich having choked on it.

10 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:47 pm

Tray shook his head. "I'm no more useless on a runner than you! I did rub your feet, and your back and everything else! Don't you ever remember that?" He grumped at her and then looked at his grandson. "Your grandmother has lost her mind."

"We're not married!" D'rick spluttered. "We're pregnant not married, gramps what's going on?!" Where as his mother to save him?

11 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:53 pm

The woman looked at him, "Oh, it was a long time ago! Can't expect an old woman to remember everything!" she grumped at her mate before looking at her grandson, "And why not? I thought you were saying that you loved her? Were you lying to me, Derrick? Don't make me get your mother down here to disciplin you!" Yes, the woman was senile. Very senile.

Artemis recovered at D'rick got in trouble, smirking ever so slightly. She had to admit, marriage would eventually lead to A'lo shutting up about his complaints where D'rick was concerned... maybe. However, they were weyrlings and she somehow doubted that H'lee would approve a marriage between the two of them.

12 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:04 pm

"Grandma! I'm still a weyrling!" He stated and looked slightly panicked. "I do care and love for her but we're...I...uh...uh.." He blushed brighter eeling quiet pressured right about now.

"Sakura!" Dertray scolded. "You're making D'rick uncomfortable. Sorry son, your grandmother is losing her mind." Dertray stated (almost lovingly).

13 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:08 pm

Sakura blinked at her mate and looked at the man before frowning. She wasn't being bad! Or at least she didn't think so. Night just chittered at Tray before looking at him from atop his head. "I haven't lost my mind! I thought that we bought that holding for the kids as a wedding present!" she looked at her mate, clearly confused now.

Artemis smiled and continued eating her food. Including the dipping her sandwich into the bubbly pie.

14 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Dertray gently kissed his mate's forehead. "No honey, we bought it as a gift for their baby." He explained, "They haven't announced they're getting married yet, although at this rate I'm sure that D'rick is feeling the pressure from you." He teased his mate, but that worried pang touched him.

"A g-gift? We don't need much right Arty?"

15 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:29 pm

"Oh! Right! The baby! How are you feeling, dear?" she asked, clearly not overly phased by her lapse in memory.

Artemis looked up from her meal, pausing for a moment. "I would be better if I didn't keep getting swollen ankles and feet. And you really didn't need to buy us a holding," she admitted, blushing slightly as she realized she was holding her sandwich with bubbly pie on it. She was in between bites!

"Oh, don't be embarrassed, dear. We all get weird cravings while pregnant. Although, I can't recall what I craved during my pregnancies," she admitted.

16 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:32 pm

Dertray literally face palmed at his mate. He was worried about her mental health. What could he do though? She refused to see a healer about this. "Pickles, klah and bubblies all at once." Dertray snorted, he remembered all too well seeing as she demanded it when he was FAST ASLEEP.

D'rick looked at his grandparents. "Are you okay Grams?"

17 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Sakura looked at the two of them and frowned, "What? And really? Sounds interesting... no wonder I don't remember it though," she shook her head before looking at her grandson. "Of course, dear."

Artemis looked at the two men and frowned slightly. They seemed awefully worried about the woman, although she had to admit that Sakura sounded like she'd lost her mind. "Well, at least that's no worse than my wherry and bubblies mixed together," she shrugged before munching once more on her food.

18 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Dertray shook his head. "Where's some drinks for your grandparents D'rick?" D'rick yelped and got up after pushing Arty's legs off him and grabbed his grandparents a drink.

"Sorry gramps!" He apologized.

19 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Artemis grumped as he almost knocked her food down. But after a couple seconds of glaring at the man, she calmed down and went back to munching on her food. After all, it hadn't spilled. And before long, it was all gone. "Feel free to make yourselves at home. I know there isn't a lot of furnature in here, but I think I have more space for us all in the living room... Yeah! Why don't we move it out there and have drinks?" she suggested, moving to get off her bed, wincing at her swollen ankles. Stupid things. Regardless, before long she was waddling her way into the other room.

Sakura smiled, "Thank you dear," she smiled at both of them before moving to sit down in a chair.

20 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:09 pm

The elderly man snickered softly he hadn't even thought of that happy to sit beside his wife you could almost hear his arthric joints poppin over the loud groan he released. "Ugh, don't get old."

"I don't plan on it." D'rick stated simply handing his grandparents a drink, before getting one for Artemis and himself. "Are you full Art?"

21 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:12 pm

Sakura smiled and thanked her grandson as she accepted the drinks before looking up at her mate. "Old age isn't that bad, dear. We certainly have more time to ourselves then we used to!" she smiled happily.

Artemis smiled at him before pausing for a moment, "Not really, but at least I don't feel hungry?" she responded with a slight shrug.

22 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:22 pm

D'rick chuckled softly, "True but still have you heard gramps sitting down?"

"My joints can't handle it anymore that's all kiddo." He stated simply enough. "And get the girl more food!" He demanded to his grandson who yelped and jolted up spilling the flask of juice all over.

23 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Sakura chuckled, "Dertray! Now who's being mean to D'rick?" she asked her mate, looking up at the man before smiling lovingly at him and leaning her head against him.

Artemis for her part winced when he had spilled the juice all over. And, of course, instantly started to try getting up from the couch (slightly harder than getting up from the bed) so she could help him.

24 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:37 pm

"Uh apparently I am!" Dertray yelped and tried to get up quickly (though managed a moment later). "Sit your butt down young lady, you're not to do that! US men folk got it!" D'rick snorted at his grandfather but was surprised at the stern voice.

"SOrry!" The boy put the flask upright and quickly scrubbed away the liquid blushing furiously.

25 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:41 pm

Artemis sat back down and blinked, looking at Sakura. "Don't worry about him, sweetie. He's all bark and no bite, although he is rather adament about things when he figures it's in someone's best interest," she chuckled.

Artemis chuckled, "It's alright. I should be used to it by now. Between D'rick and A'lo, I hardly ever get to do things for myself," she chuckled.

"A'lo?"

"Oh, he's my twin brother. He's not D'rick's biggest fan..." she winced as she thought of her twin.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum