Reverie Weyr
Cbox
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 17 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:31 am

Latest topics

» 3941.03.14 - Fort Weyr/Hold - Settling into Hiding {Silvara, T'lon, Sim, Alyena, H'lee}
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 7:23 pm

» Poll: DLG or books?
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 5:21 pm

» Threads to rp
by Silvara Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm

» New posting rules
by Alina Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:30 pm

» 2789.07.01 - It's back!...to the future? {T'lon, Silvara, Alina, H'lee}
by Kestrana Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:36 pm

» 2759.05.21 - Boys will be boys {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:08 pm

» 2765.09.23 - Halfway there {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:05 pm

» 3941.04.07 - Candidate Interviews
by Simmarrah Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:15 pm

» 3941.04.14-15 - Candidate Lesson #7 - Touching
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:59 pm

» 3941.04.13 - Candidate Lesson #6 - The Days Ahead
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Threads in the Main Site Plot
Threads in Site Mini-Plots
Affiliates & Acknowledgements

Affiliates

RolePlayGateway

Acknowledgements

All canon Pern content copyright to Anne McCaffrey. All non-canon Pern content copyright Kestrana. All draconic sprites/button images copyright to various artists (many images from Pern book covers; dragon sprite from "Dragonlady" fantasy portrait of Anne McCaffrey). All original characters copyright of their gamers.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:50 pm

D'rick winced at the mention of the girl's twin. "Its cause you guys arne't married son. You should look into it." Dertray grunted.

"Gramps we're not graduating because of this." D'rick tried to point out. "I don't want to screw up Art's life more."

"Marriage is not a screw up. It gives a man grounding. Take this wet cloth and give me a newone." D'rick did as requested.

27 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:55 pm

Artemis glanced up at D'rick, "I don't see how marriage is a screw up... And who knows, maybe it will get A'lo to warm up to you a little bit. Then again, I don't exactly see H'lee being a huge fan of the idea of two weyrlings getting married..." she said thoughtfully.

"Nonsense! I'm sure I could talk that old brute into letting you two get married!" the woman commented, "Honestly, you two really should! And I imagine that your family would feel much better if you two were wed!"

Artemis blushed, "Well... with me being pregnant and trying to cope with Jazzy's dissability.." she responded, feeling a little flustered now.

"Dissability?"

"Oh.. Uhm... Well, Jadziath got injured a few months back when we went on a trip. She ended up breaking her wing and after ignoring the healer's advice she twisted the bone. She's unable to fully close her wing and it hinders her in flight," she admitted.

28 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:21 pm

Dertray blinked. "YOU let her get hurt?!"

"I had no choice she did it to herself!" D'rick protested loudly and looked at Artemis for reassurance here. "However, if it makes everyone happy we'll get married!" He threw up his hands. Yes hejust got conned into a shotgun wedding. Pern style.

29 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:28 pm

Sakura looked at her mate, "Why do you always insist that if we get hurt, it's because you let us?" she asked him.

Artemis, however, was watching D'rick in stunned disbelief. "If it makes everyone happy? What does it matter what everyone else thinks about things, D'rick? If you only want to marry me because of what others think, then you can marry yourself!" she grumped at him.

30 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:31 pm

Dertray opened and shut his mouth a few times and watched D'rick shift. "No, Sakura, but its the man's job to protect his women from danger!" He protested to his wife of many years.

"Well of course I want to marry you Artemis but I figured since we're just getting our relationship on track and I've screwed up your life so much you know...We'd wait before I did anything crazy like that!" He protested.

31 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:35 pm

Sakura rolled her eyes at him and shook her head. "Dear, I am perfectly capable of protecting myself! And don't you think that any trouble I get into will be of my own doing?" she asked her mate.

Artemis eyed D'rick before she snorted, "We're weyrlings anyways. H'lee would never give us permission to get married until AFTER we have graduated and his opinion no longer matters," she responded. Of course, she didn't mean it to sound nearly as mean as it did...

32 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:40 pm

Dertray snorted at his mate, though paused his bickering to see D'rick swallow hard and bit his lip "You're right Artemis. We're just weyrlings, and of course we'd have to wait until graduation. If that's what you want then fine." HE sighed. "I need to use the washroom." He wandered off to do so and Dertray looked at her.

"You realize he was proposing in his own way, right deary?" Dertray prodded.

33 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:45 pm

Artemis watched D'rick walk off, not really realizing anything. She then looked over at Dertray and blinked, "He was? I didn't know that!" she frowned, feeling guilty. And a second later she was trying to get her big belly and butt off the couch. She needed to go apologize to D'rick! It wasn't her fault she was exhausted and sore and had some child causing trouble in her uterus!

34 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:52 pm

Dertray touched her hand, "I'll go get him don't get up," he reassured and went to talk to D'rick, who was indeed using the facilities (may as well).

Though when he was done he sighed and washed his face almost ramming into Dertray as he walked out. "Gramps!"

"She was being blond son, be more forward just ask."

"Eh she is right we're just weyrlings."

"DO IT. Grandpa's orders."

"Mom would kill me."

"Do it five times over then!" Dertray demanded and dragged his grandson over givning him a gentle nudge.

"Right." He coughed. "So uh what do you say about that idea? We're already screwed as weyrlings. Wanna just...you know. Call it even and get married?"

35 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Artemis looked at Dertray as he promised to go get D'rick. She then sat back down and frowned in the direction they had gone. She really hadn't realized what D'rick was asking her. She had honestly been rather rattled with the hormones running rampant in her! Indirectness was likely to get her confused!

When he returned, she watched him and shifted uneasily. Although, she did nod her head to him. "Sure, I would like that. And I'm sorry I didn't realize you were actually trying to propose to me earlier... Your kid is playing havoc on my hormones and it's hard to keep track of things," she blamed, blushing slightly.

36 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:00 pm

D'rick chuckled at her, he honestly couldn't help it really. She was right he hadn't made it obvious. "Its okay, I forgive you but its not just my kid." He pointed out. "Its our kid."

Dertray clapped his hands. "Sakura we gotta tell Daria"

37 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:07 pm

Artemis smiled at him, "It's your kid whenever it's causing trouble! It's mine when it's being a good little baby!" she giggled at him, teasing the man.

Sakura laughed and nodded, "We do!"

"Can you guys try to keep it quiet..."

"Hey, Arty! I brought some food for your firelizard! Did you eat somethi..." A'lo paused as he rounded the corner, "Uhm..."

"Hi A'lo. This is Sakura and Dertray, D'rick's grandparents," she introduced, "Sakura, Dertray.. this is my twin brother, A'lo."

The bronzerider paused for a moment and nodded his head before slipping further into the room to set the food down. Watching as Sakka instantly dove at it and began chowing down. "Uhm.. Hi.. Nice to meet you. Uhm, Arty, why is D'rick in here with you? I thought you and Ky had talked about him NOT spending a lot of time alone with you while we're weyrlings?"

"We're not alone, his grandparents are here... and now so are you. And he proposed to me."

"HE WHAT?! YOU'RE A WEYRLING, ARTEMIS!" the bronzerider yelped, about ready to call his cousin in to help put a stop to this non-sense. Shards! He might even consider calling H'lee!

38 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:05 pm

D'rick sighed slightly, he couldn't help it. How was he to ever win A'lo over? "A'lo, honestly you're over reacting we already screwed up. We may as well enjoy each other's company and raise our child right." He stated simply.

Dertray coughed lightly. "What he means to say is that he loves your sister and cares for her and wants to be her husband."

39 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:09 pm

A'lo turned his gaze towards his fellow weyrling, his eyes narrowing. This kid seriously thought that telling him that they had already screwed up so they might as well get married was actually supposed to make him LIKE him? In fact, his firelizards had perched on his shoulders and were hissing their displeasure, while Rik's eyes swirled an angry red. However, before he could respond he heard Dertray's response.

"Right... and he just leads off with the 'hey we screwed up so we might as well stay together' bit because he's a moron," he grumbled in response.

"Yup!" Sakura chuckled, "My grandson is not exactly the best at saying what he means. Do forgive him. He gets it from his grandfather's side of the family."

40 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:21 pm

D'rick rubbed his head and chuckled. "Right well what I mean is I do love your sister, but you don't care about that really." He pointed out. "You can't stand me, and I get it. I'd be pretty mad if someone knocked up my sister."

Dertray looked at his mate and then to Artemis. "Sweetie, why don't you show this old fool your dragon?"

41 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:27 pm

Sakura looked up from her spot, "Sweetie, if someone got either of your sisters pregnant.. I think we'd all be a little concerned!" the old bat pointed out to her grandson. Of course, this could be because Riala, Rhia and Darias were all infants still.

Artemis looked at Dertray and smiled, "Sure. Though, would you mind giving me a hand up?" she asked. Of course, before he could, A'lo was already right there to help his twin. He gave her a quick hug before letting her through so she could introduce the man to her dragon.

A'lo turned his gaze towards D'rick, "Actually, I DO care about that. I want my sister to be happy and to find someone who loves her. I'm pissed at you because you got her pregnant, caused her to break the rules, took advantage of her because of her fears, and not only that, but what would have happened if there were complications early on and Jadziath had gone between? Your risked a lot by doing what you did, and I won't forgive you for that," he stated simply.

42 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:37 pm

D'rick frowned. "I didn't take advantage of her A'lo. No matter what you say." He was barely speaking though. "I do admit what I did was stupid and risky and yes Jaz could have gone between. But I do not regret what I did, and I'm tired of trying to apologize to you. Your sister has accepted what has happened and moved on. Yes her future has been affected, but she decided this as well. No one stopped her rom going between." He paused to regain himself. "THere is no reason to apologize to you anyways, I apologized to who matter. Artemis. And if you cannot deal with that, that's fine. But I'm not going to bow my head every time you walk by just because you disapprove of what happened. All things considering." He snapped quickly.

The old man had moved to help the girl up but let her brother. "He's proddy like a bronze." He stated simply to her and bowed to the green. "My dear your hide is simply..beautiful. It reminds me very much of a woman I used to know." He pondered.

43 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:51 pm

A'lo listened to the man, nodding his head. "I don't expect you to want my approval or my acceptance. And I do accept that Arty has forgiven you and moved on. on the same token, I'm her twin and I feel obligated to hate you for the time being. However, if you love my sister and promise to treat her right, then I have no real problem with you two being together. However, I do hope you two know what you are doing with this whole marriage thing. Specially considering H'lee told you two that you can't have a relationship... and you both have greens. How on Pern are you two going to work THAT out?"

Artemis walked with Dertray and smiled, "He is. A'lo is a bronzerider, actually. But this is Jadziath," she introduced when they reached her green. The dragon lifted her head and gazed at the man. At least he had taste. She flicked her tail slightly before lowering her head once more. If he looked at her frame, he would notice that her left wing wasn't fully closed, and at one point it looked rather funny. However, the green acted like it didn't exist... although she tended to growl at the injury when it got in her way.

44 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:56 pm

D'rick frowned softly, "Simple there's a lot of closests in Pern." He pointed out, "I'd be caught dead rather than cheat on Artemis green or not." He stated passionately. "As for H'lee.." He paused and bit his lip. "We'll work on that." He didn't have the answer of the day of course.

Dertray nodded and smiled at Jaz though did note the wing. "That looks painful." He admired though there was that lump in his throat. He hadn't realized how looking at the green would cause such a reaction.

45 Re: Spending Some Time Together... (D'rick) on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:02 pm

A'lo nodded his head, "Well, personally, I'd say you have a few more of our family to meet before you worry about actually having the wedding. Although, I imagine a fair portion of them will show up when the baby is born. I'm amazed our father hasn't come out here yet. However, I think they will be happy to hear that at least you are devoted to her," he chuckled.

Artemis nodded, "It is. Jazzy is only calm now cause she's resting. It hurts her a lot when she's trying to fly, and when we do our practices as a wing she tends to get really irritable. But, H'lee is a dragonhealer and we trust his decision," she admitted to the man.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum