Reverie Weyr
Cbox
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 17 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:31 am

Latest topics

» 3941.03.14 - Fort Weyr/Hold - Settling into Hiding {Silvara, T'lon, Sim, Alyena, H'lee}
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 7:23 pm

» Poll: DLG or books?
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 5:21 pm

» Threads to rp
by Silvara Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm

» New posting rules
by Alina Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:30 pm

» 2789.07.01 - It's back!...to the future? {T'lon, Silvara, Alina, H'lee}
by Kestrana Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:36 pm

» 2759.05.21 - Boys will be boys {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:08 pm

» 2765.09.23 - Halfway there {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:05 pm

» 3941.04.07 - Candidate Interviews
by Simmarrah Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:15 pm

» 3941.04.14-15 - Candidate Lesson #7 - Touching
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:59 pm

» 3941.04.13 - Candidate Lesson #6 - The Days Ahead
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Threads in the Main Site Plot
Threads in Site Mini-Plots
Affiliates & Acknowledgements

Affiliates

RolePlayGateway

Acknowledgements

All canon Pern content copyright to Anne McCaffrey. All non-canon Pern content copyright Kestrana. All draconic sprites/button images copyright to various artists (many images from Pern book covers; dragon sprite from "Dragonlady" fantasy portrait of Anne McCaffrey). All original characters copyright of their gamers.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Some time Alone, to Cope. (D'rick) on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Aliens... space ships... labor... having her baby... finding herself stranded with others on some strange planet... And the fear of never knowing if she would see her family ever again. Sure, she had her brother, A'lo, and her cousin, K'then... and her son. She couldn't forget about her baby, even if she wasn't certain of when his birthday was. The drugs and excitement had taken that away from her. It was one thing that bothered her. It had been horrible to experience everything.

On top of all of this, she soon found herself being pestered by A'lo. Her brother was just trying to help, she knew. With no basinet for the infant, Artemis found herself holding her son more often than not. The only reprieve being when A'lo or D'rick took him. Those times, she found herself focusing on her dragon. She had found no time to herself. No time to cope with everything that had happened and just let her emotions wash over her.

Today, she had decided, she would take that time. It was for this reason that she had walked away from the 'camp' where everyone was struggling to keep things going. They had found a few things that were edible, and they had managed to create shelters with the help of their dragons. Nothing real or anything, but at least being in a dragon's coils with wings spread over one presented them with a sense of safety.

Deciding that she and D'rick needed some time alone, she found someone to watch her son. Another of the weyrlings within their group. She had not chosen her brother for a very simple reason, she wanted him to have some time to himself. They all needed to process. It was for that very reason that she had told her brother that he NEEDED to give her space. She loved him, but she didn't want to see him again until that evening. She had not done the same to D'rick, but that was because she felt horrible. While she had SOME family, D'rick had lost access to all of his. On top of that, they had found his grandparents to be dead. She had liked them and their craziness... and she was fearful of what it would mean for him. At least he had their son? And she knew that she would be there for him. Plus their dragons.

Regardless of all of that, she had chosen to take a walk away from the group. When she had gone far enough (not out of site, just away from the group so that they couldn't really see her cry. She sat down in the grass and did just that. She cried. She let all of her emotions out and before long those emotions turned to anger and she started pounding on the ground, wishing that there was one of those creepy aliens there who could be pounded upon. One who she could try to force to give the explination of WHY they had been pulled away from their homes. Sadly, she didn't have that. At least she did have her dragon, who had moved over towards her and crooned comfortingly.

2 Re: Some time Alone, to Cope. (D'rick) on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:36 pm

D'rick had been almost lost in feelings. Excitement, Artemis was healthy their son was healthy. But his grandparents were gone. But noticing that Artemis was not with the group he wandered over to where she was.

He noticed that she was crying he sat down beside her. "What's up?" He asked pulling her into his chest.

3 Re: Some time Alone, to Cope. (D'rick) on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:46 pm

Artemis glanced over at him a second before she leaned against him. While she didn't want her twin... she did want D'rick. "Im scared.. everything changed... we may never see our families again.. I just.. I don't know what to do. I have been so focused on our son that I haven't had the chance to process everything."

Once done, she silently closed her eyes and hid Herr face against the man. There was little that could be done to fix the problem, but time could make it better.

4 Re: Some time Alone, to Cope. (D'rick) on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:19 pm

He nodded and shushed her snuggling her close. "I know...I know." He sighed softly and held her close. "Lets go for a walk...it'll help you clear your head." He whispered softly. "We have each other, you have your brother. Our baby...We'll make do. I promise." He explained softly.

5 Re: Some time Alone, to Cope. (D'rick) on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:29 pm

She let him hold her, needing the comfort of someone who cared. When he suggested a walk, she nodded her head. "I am happy that Ky, A'lo and our son are all healthy, D'rick. I'm happy that you are here. But... I miss my family and I'm worried about them," she admitted to him as she slowly pulled back from him and pulled herself up to her feet.

Truth be told, she knew she shouldn't think like that. She did. She knew that they needed to think positive and work towards making the best of their situation. However, that wasn't nearly as easy as it sounded.

"Perhaps a walk is what we need. Maybe that's what it will take to get me to stop thinking about what we've lost," she sighed softly.

6 Re: Some time Alone, to Cope. (D'rick) on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:19 pm

"Right, if we just push forward...things well be okay." He sighed softly he couldn't help but feel that pang of grief and sadness. He missed his mother and step-father. HIs grandparents were gone....He kept an eye out towards the forest.

7 Re: Some time Alone, to Cope. (D'rick) on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:26 pm

Arty gently took his hand and walked towards the forest. SHe wanted to enjoy walking and she wanted to get away from everything for a bit. Her hand gently squeezed his as she smiled.

Roughly an hour later, the two of them were still walking and enjoying the sights. In fact, she was smiling once more and had randomly stopped a couple times to look at one thing or another. After all, she WAS training to be a healer.

"You know, this place is rather beautiful when one gives it a chance," she commented randomly. It wasn't home, but it was still beautiful.

8 Re: Some time Alone, to Cope. (D'rick) on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:33 pm

"Yeah I have to agree. ANd look at all the herbs that are actually within minutes of the camp." He mused. "It makes this far less dangerous for you." He was glad to see her smiling slightly and seeming to chipper up bit.

9 Re: Some time Alone, to Cope. (D'rick) on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:43 pm

She chuckled and shook her head. THere may be lots of herbs and the like nearby... but much like her cousin she realized that these plants could have any number of effects and without knowledge they would be of no use. "We don't know how they would help us, or if they would help us. We need to be able to test them and we have no idea how to do that," she admitted to him before she rose up from her last discovery to wander more with him.

10 Re: Some time Alone, to Cope. (D'rick) on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:54 pm

"Well I'm sure we'll have plenty of times, and as long as you promise not to kill me you know I"ll be your test dummy." He teased her and then stared forward at a little critter.

The little Spiffin stood around the waist, she was a gorgeous decorum of silvers, her long foxy nose sniffing the air you could tell there was a nature of caution as the tails rose, the two flicking back and fourth slighty wary. "Hey lookit that." He whispered.

11 Re: Some time Alone, to Cope. (D'rick) on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:29 pm

Artemis chuckled at him and shook her head. She had no intentions of testing the stuff out on him.OF course, she knew full well that her cousin would possibly be willing. Her brother and K'then still weren't huge fans of her son's father. "I don't think so, mister. I'm not testing anything unless I am absolutely certain it isn't going to be harmful," she told him.

A second later he was pointing at something and she looked over at the strange vulpine creature. It was rather beautiful, she had to admit. "Wow." she gasped softly.

12 Re: Some time Alone, to Cope. (D'rick) on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:31 pm

The fox like critter pawed at the ground for amoment sniffing the air and whining in a dog like fashion. "Come here girl." D'rick whispered softly. After all she looked scared. "What should we call it?" He whispered softly. "I think we should name it Artemis after you. She's as pretty." He suggested.

13 Re: Some time Alone, to Cope. (D'rick) on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:41 pm

Artemis shook her head. It was a gorgeous creature, but they couldn't take it. They didn't know anything about it! What if it was dangerous?
What if it stole their food or attacked people. The creature was new and stange, and it was clearly already an adult.

"We can't keep it, D'rick. We don't know anything about it and you know H'lee would kill us if we brought something like this back to the group and it attacked someone," she told him, shifting uneasily.

14 Re: Some time Alone, to Cope. (D'rick) on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:54 pm

He paused. "I meant name the species after you silly. I wouldn't bring her close to my son!" He stated simply as though she should have known this. "Plus she looks timid enough that she would never go over to us. Here lets see if she likes some of this." He threw some of his jerky at the beast who whined softly and sniffed the meat before nomming it down slowly and ever so cautiously.

15 Re: Some time Alone, to Cope. (D'rick) on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:01 pm

She shook her head, "No way. That would get confusing. Although, they do look rather... spiffy? Maybe we could call them spiffen?" she suggested to him, already wishing her brother was there so he could draw the creature.

Of course, she also felt a little silly. SHe hadn't really considered them naming the species. She had just thought he was trying to name the creature in front of them. Like he wanted her for a pet. And Arty certainly didn't want to chance it attacking their son.

16 Re: Some time Alone, to Cope. (D'rick) on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:05 pm

"Spiffen. Hey I like that!" He chirped. "You're a spiffen..." He told the fox like creature. Who clearly didn't understand and twisted and turned her head before deciding to trot off peacefully. "Hey when we get back why not ask your brother to draw the spiffen from our memories."

17 Re: Some time Alone, to Cope. (D'rick) on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:39 pm

Artemis couldn't help it, she laughed lightly at his talking to the creature before she continued their walk and pulled him along. She had started to feel much better after everything that happened. After all, much as she might miss her family, at least she could hope that they were still safely back on Pern and oblivious to what had happened. It was what she wished for them. Although, maybe one day they would be able to test sending a firelizard back...

At D'rick's question, she glanced at him for a moment and thought about it. "We could try, but I hope you have an amazing memory cause he WILL ask you any question he can possibly come up with about that thing and how it looked," she pointed out to him with a shake of her head.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum