Reverie Weyr
Cbox
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 17 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:31 am

Latest topics

» 3941.03.14 - Fort Weyr/Hold - Settling into Hiding {Silvara, T'lon, Sim, Alyena, H'lee}
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 7:23 pm

» Poll: DLG or books?
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 5:21 pm

» Threads to rp
by Silvara Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm

» New posting rules
by Alina Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:30 pm

» 2789.07.01 - It's back!...to the future? {T'lon, Silvara, Alina, H'lee}
by Kestrana Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:36 pm

» 2759.05.21 - Boys will be boys {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:08 pm

» 2765.09.23 - Halfway there {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:05 pm

» 3941.04.07 - Candidate Interviews
by Simmarrah Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:15 pm

» 3941.04.14-15 - Candidate Lesson #7 - Touching
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:59 pm

» 3941.04.13 - Candidate Lesson #6 - The Days Ahead
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Threads in the Main Site Plot
Threads in Site Mini-Plots
Affiliates & Acknowledgements

Affiliates

RolePlayGateway

Acknowledgements

All canon Pern content copyright to Anne McCaffrey. All non-canon Pern content copyright Kestrana. All draconic sprites/button images copyright to various artists (many images from Pern book covers; dragon sprite from "Dragonlady" fantasy portrait of Anne McCaffrey). All original characters copyright of their gamers.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Getting Settled on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:32 pm

"You. I don't see anyone else standing there like a sun-struck wherry." A part of him, albeit a rather small part, wanted an excuse to punch L'ric. He'd always tried to get along with the other bluerider for Erin's sake but L'ric had seemed to instantly dislike him the moment they met and eventually A'dam had given up. What was the use of trying to be nice to someone he didn't like? Particularly when that someone didn't like him either. But he'd never felt this level of animosity toward L'ric before.

And when L'ric swung at him he was more than willing to return the punch but Erin stepping in front of him prevented him from retaliating. If he'd been quicker, he'd have pushed her out of the way but everything happened faster than he could really comprehend it. All he knew was that at the sound of skin hitting skin he knew L'ric had hit Erin and that was the end of it. He didn't hear L'ric's apology nor did he care if the other was sorry. He'd hit Erin and A'dam was not a happy bluerider because of it. Stepping around Erin, he headed for L'ric, balling his hands into fists and taking a swing at the other bluerider. "How dare you!? What in Faranth's name are you thinking? Sharding deadglow." He'd probably have done more harm to L'ric if it weren't for Plyath and Dranith arriving, concern coloring their voices and distracting him from his anger.

I don't know either Scriath. Plyath's Erin and my A'dam have been acting strangely all day as well. The pale blue replied to his rankmate, peering inside the house as best he could. A'dam! Stop. Leave him be and see to Erin. She looks hurt.

Those words were enough to get A'dam to back off though he did cast an angry glare at L'ric as he returned to Erin and tried to get a look at her face. "Are you okay? How badly did he hurt you?" If not for the fact he was certain the dragons would stop him again, he'd beat L'ric into a bloody pulp if he'd hurt Erin. What sort of wherry-headed dimglow threw a punch like that with a woman standing right there?

27 Re: Getting Settled on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:41 pm

The punch connected with L'ric's face and he stumbled back, raising his hands to cover it. However, he didn't say anything more... what more could he say? After seeing the look that he was fairly certain would have killed him if looks were capable of such... he decided it was for the best that he leave. Thus, he turned and hurried from the house, not touching the glass on the floor.

Scriath looked utterly confused and lost... and highly worried. However, when L'ric told him to leave, the blue did as asked and took off.

Plyath was upset over everything, and if it wasn't for the fact that she didn't think they would taste good... she might have bitten a chunk out of L'ric for hurting her rider. As it was, she stood next to Dranith and pestered the blue to see if he knew whether or not Erin was okay.

Erin, in all honesty, was more shocked than anything. However, she would have a black eye from the punch she had taken in A'dam's place. She didn't pay attention to L'ric leaving, and instead chose to look at A'dam as he came to check on her. "I'll be fine. I've done far worse to myself," she gave him a smile to try and ease his worry. Although, she was somewhat annoyed at L'ric... and she would remain so for a while. He had ruined what had been working towards being a perfect day! That was just plain rude! ~I'm okay, Plyath, you can stop pestering poor Dranith. Why don't you two go back to sunning? I don't imagine L'ric is going to show up again anytime soon,~ she assured her dragon.

Plyath looked to Scriath after receiving the reassurance. ~Mine says we should go back to sunning,~ she conveyed to the blue.

28 Re: Getting Settled on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:10 pm

A'dam didn't much care when L'ric left, though he would later be surprised that the other bluerider hadn't persisted in staying. Which meant he'd actually scared him off. Dranith was as confused as Scriath and merely gave a soft croon of farewell to his fellow Blue before turning to try and comfort Plyath. He didn't have many answers for her and the whirling thoughts in A'dam's head didn't provide him with many answers. So he merely pressed close to her and crooned soothingly. Surely her rider would be alright once she'd calmed down.

A'dam couldn't help but be concerned for his friend. He'd disobeyed orders and skipped his Weyrling lessons for a day to go visit her when she'd burned herself. He was sure she'd do the same for him. "I can still worry. Are you sure you'll be okay? We can put something on that to help with the bruising and swelling." His past healer training was coming to the front of his mind. When he realized what he was saying he gave her a half-smile and shook his head. "What in Faranth's name were you thinking? Why did you step between us? It was a stupid thing to do." He scolded gently, placing a hand on her cheek and looking her in the eye for a moment. "I'm sorry. I don't know what got into me." He paused and his gaze darkend for a moment. "Or him for that matter. But I'm sorry h-we ruined dinner." Not that it was wholly ruined but given the circumstances it wasn't as good as it could have been and it was L'ric's fault. It was also party his fault for reacting. "Can you finish the stew while I get rid of the glass?" He questioned, indicating the shattered object that L'ric had dropped when he'd entered the room.

Outside, Dranith was glad for everyone calming down and nudged Plyath. There is hardly any sun left. But yes. Let's go back and enjoy what sun is left. He said, backing away from Erin's house and taking flight.

29 Re: Getting Settled on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:17 pm

Erin was hardly concerned with her face, and although she knew that she would be fawning over A’dam at that moment if it had been HIM who was punched… she couldn’t help but feel the need to ease his worry. She would be perfectly fine, especially considering that she had gotten far worse than a black eye. In fact, she was fairly certain she’d had black eyes before, but it didn’t make it hurt any less right then. She was just thankful she could see out of the eye, even if it hurt to do so. However, she would keep THAT to herself. She would also remember that one of these days she would have to figure out just what in the name of Faranth had gone through the dimglow’s head that he had felt it necessary to swing punches in the first place! Even if he had connected with his attended target, did he really think that a fist fight would impress her? That she wouldn’t get pissed off and kick him out of her house? Of course, with L’ric gone she didn’t have to worry about kicking him out. She was just happy that A’dam was still there and that he wasn’t injured.

She smiled at him as he spoke, “I know, but it’s really not necessary. I promise I’ll be perfectly fine… although something to keep the swelling down wouldn’t be amiss,” she responded. She didn’t know why, but for some reason the simple idea that the correct man had stayed behind, made the world of difference. Of course, L’ric’s little display only further cemented her idea that she wanted to be with A’dam instead. (Not that that was EVER in question…)

As his hand touched her cheek, she closed her eyes and leaned into his touch slightly. It was comforting to do so, before she looked into his and shrugged. “I don’t know… I guess I was hoping he wouldn’t actually swing with me in the way,” she responded, knowing full well that her “plan” had failed miserably. However, such was life, and she would not let that disrupt her. “Although, I think I would prolly do the same thing all over again, just hope for a better result. And I don’t blame you in the least for what happened. If he wasn’t such a wherry head then he would have been able to knock, wait for me to answer, and then come in and visit without trying to ruin our evening!” With that she nodded firmly, clearly decided on THAT matter. Course, if L’ric was smart then he’d likely stay away for a while before trying to visit again… if only to let her simmer down from her current state of wanting to beat him over the head with a wet noodle.. or something. She wasn’t entirely certain what she wanted to use, but something would hopefully knock some sense into him.

As he mentioned finishing the stew, and cleaning the glass, she nodded her head. The glass was quite the mess, and she would have liked to know what it was before it had smashed all over her floor. Sadly, the wherry who had made it for her was gone and had been stupid about everything , thus she wouldn’t get to know. Instead, she leaned forward and gave A’dam a quick kiss before moving from her spot. “I can do that. And thank you,” she smiled warmly at him before heading to the stove to check on their supper. It was at that moment that she decided that she would not let L’ric’s intrusion ruin the rest of her evening… she would enjoy every moment she could with A’dam and if that sharding ‘friend’ of hers had a problem with it… well he could just go between.

Plyath crooned softly to the blue, feeling better now that her rider and Dranith had both assured her that everyone was okay… and even better still since Scriath and his were gone. With that in mind, she had no problems with following the older blue back to their previous resting spot. ~Okay, I like that idea. Does things like this happen often, Dranith? I do not like it when mine is hurt,~ she questioned, clearly hoping that her bonded wouldn’t get punched in the face too many more times. Regardless of if it was the first time in the two turns that Plyath had been alive.

30 Re: Getting Settled on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:33 am

A'dam made a face at Erin's assurances that worrying wasn't necessary. "Necessary or not you can't stop me so there." He told her, even going so far as to stick his tongue out at her. Maybe it was childish but it was still a light-hearted gesture brought on by the fading rush of adrenaline L'ric's visit had brought on. "Alright, we'll take care of that in a moment. You'll have to tell me where you keep your first aid kit though. I already lost track of half the stuff we unpacked earlier." Which was partly true. He knew where the stuff he unpacked and put away was but anything Erin had taken care of he had no idea about. Of course, he was fairly certain he'd be as familiar with her house as he was with his own before long but as of right now, he was still rather lost.

"Well clearly you were wrong. And if it happens again just let him hit me. I can protect myself okay?" He told her, giving her a gentle nudge at his last comment. "And I shouldn't have lost my temper and hit him back. It didn't solve anything and could have made things worse. Thankfully it didn't but what if we'd gotten into a real fight? One or both of us could have been seriously hurt." Punching L'ric had certainly made him feel better but it had been the wrong thing to do. "And even if he'd knocked I think seeing me here would have made him mad. He's never liked me even though I've never done anything to him and even tried to be friends with him." Not that he had really like L'ric all that much from the start either but at least he'd tried, though it was mostly for Erin's sake than any real desire to befriend his fellow bluerider.

He returned her kiss, brief though it was, and nodded. "You're welcome." Though he wasn't entirely sure what he was being thanked for it seemed awkward not to say anything. Once the glass had been cleaned and he'd tended to her eye, they sat down to an enjoyable dinner, managing to talk about anything but L'ric. When they were finished he offered to help clean the kitchen (since he'd helped make the mess, of course). But even that came to it's eventual end and he was running out of reasons to keep staying. And, being unable to think of anything else to do that wouldn't seem too forward and unwilling to just...keep staying without some manner of invitation to do so, he was left with only one option. Well two,, they could sit around and talk until the wee hours of the morning, they'd done it before, but that was when they were younger, still kids and not potential weyrmates testing out a new level of their relationship. And since he wasn't sure exactly what she expected, he did the only other thing he could think of to do. "It's getting late. I should probably be heading home. Do you want me to send Plyath back here or shall I let her sleep?" It wasn't like he had to go home but this way, if Erin wanted him to stay she could ask and if not she didn't have to try and think of a polite way to kick him out. In his mind, it worked out for both of them one way or another.

31 Re: Getting Settled on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:35 am

As the evening seemed to brighten up a bit, to the point where the only real reminder that L’ric had shown up at all, was the sore eye she had. She was ignoring it well enough, determined to pay it absolutely no attention since she was bound and determined to have a good evening. Their discussions returning to random thoughts from their past, joking about whatever else they decided to joke about. She was soon convinced that they had managed to turn a day that had almost been ruined by an inconsiderate friend… and made it so that those five minutes meant nothing. Which they really didn’t, and Erin was happy that way.
While they were cleaning up the kitchen, she had been debating with herself. Did she ask A’dam to stay the night, or should she try to get him to leave. The more she thought about it, the more she decided she wanted him to stay. It was nice having him there, and she was certain it would continue to be nice since they both lived at the hold. Even still… she decided that she didn’t want him to leave that night. There was always the next day!
With that thought in mind, she moved closer to him and slowly slid her arms around his waist. “Let her sleep, I don’t see it really being an issue. And, you don’t have to leave, you’re more than welcome to stay,” she offered, uncertain if he was trying to leave because he wanted to, or because he felt it was the only other thing to do. Of course, she would be perfectly happy with just about anything they decided to do at that point. She had to admit though, she was happy that things just seemed to feel… natural. At least to her, she was easily able to accept the idea of having a relationship with him.

32 Re: Getting Settled on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:57 pm

A'dam was edging reluctantly toward the door when Erin stopped him by wrapping her arms around his waist. He didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around her in return and smile down at her. "Well....I suppose I could stay." He told her, the tone of his voice suggesting he was being forced into something but his smile and the look in his eyes told an entirely different story. "So what do you want to do now that you've got me all to yourself?" He questioned, sliding his hands up her back to gently massage her shoulders as he leaned in for a kiss. "I'm glad you're here. I've missed you." He whispered before pressing his lips to hers.

33 Re: Getting Settled on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Erin smiled as he wrapped his arms around her in return. She was more than happy to have him do so, and she chuckled at his “tortured” tone as he accepted the idea of staying a little longer. The question was, just what would they do? They had until… well… whenever! Thus, she looked at him and grinned. “Hmm… How about we see if I brought any wine with me and go relax in the living room?” she suggested, certain that she had snuck SOME wine with her from the weyr. Or, at the very least that they’d grabbed some while they were out shopping.
A soft smile touched her lips as he commented on missing her, although she didn’t respond right away. She was somewhat blocked from doing so as his lips pressed to her own, and she was certainly not about to argue with that. Easily she returned the kiss, holding it for a moment before she pulled away from him ever so slightly. “I’ve missed you too, A’dam, I’m glad you came over today,” she smiled at him before pressing her lips to his once more. They would make it to the living room eventually… there was clearly no rush!

34 Re: Getting Settled on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:27 pm

He was happy with whatever she suggested and nodded when she mentioned relaxing with a glass of wine. "I'm pretty sure there's still wine left over from lunch. We can drink that if there's nothing else." There certainly wasn't enough there to get either of them drunk he'd only brought enough for a couple glasses after all.

Their kiss was short but sweet and he smiled when she pulled back and spoke. "I am too." Was all he managed to say before she mimicked his actions from a moment before and prevented further speech by kissing him. He lost himself in the feel of her lips on his for a moment before he broke the kiss and pulled away from her a little bit. "Go on. I'll pour us some wine and join you in the living room." He told her, giving her a gentle nudge and a smile. The living room was just as nice to make out in as the kitchen was.

35 Re: Getting Settled on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:33 pm

Erin smiled as he agreed with her. The idea of the wine and just enjoying the evening as it went along. However, she wasn’t in much of a hurry as she enjoyed the kiss after cutting him off. When he pulled away, she smiled at him and nodded her head. “Okay,” she agreed easily before she kissed him on the cheek and moved off into the living room to get all settled. It was comfortable in the room and she was more than happy to sit down and relax for a bit. Her dragon was completely asleep and ignoring her rider.
While she was in the living room, Erin stretched herself and smiled as she thought about the course of events. Her friend had showed up, brought lunch with him, they’d decided to start a relationship, and aside from the few moments that resulted in her getting punched… she had to admit that it most certainly was a very good day.

36 Re: Getting Settled on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:05 pm

A'dam took a moment to watch Erin leave the room and smiled to himself. As far as he was concerned, life was as good as it could possibly be right then. L'ric could go between for all he cared. Still smiling, he poured their wine and brought the glasses and the extra wine into the living area where Erin was waiting for him. He settled down next to her and offered up her glass of wine. "So. Now that you've got me all to your self what do you intend to do with me? I could think of a few different ways we could spend the rest of our evening but I'll let you decide." He told her, taking a sip of his wine to hide the mischievous grin on his face though the glint in his eyes was hard to hide. Clearly he was hoping Erin might pick up on one of his ideas and they could have a little fun but he'd go along with whatever she chose. He didn't want to rush things and push her away after all.

37 Re: Getting Settled on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:10 pm

Erin smiled as he joined her, accepting the wine and taking a sip herself. At his question, she pretended to contemplate the options available to them. Hmm... what to do with him... She DID have him for the rest of the night, and she certainly enjoyed that thought of that. With that thought, she looked to him and grinned, "Hmm... wonder what we could possibly do to enjoy the rest of our night, since I do have you for the rest of the night," she teased him before she set her wine down on the table and kissed his cheek. She'd have kissed his lips, but he was too busy hiding his grin. Naturally, if he watched her eyes, he would notice the mischievous twinkle that was hidden there. Clearly, they were likely on the same page.

38 Re: Getting Settled on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:24 pm

A'dam picked up on her teasing tone easily. He'd heard it often enough to be able to identify it any time of day. He smiled as she kissed his cheek and he had to be careful not to spill his wine as he shifted to set it down and capture her with his arms around her before she could retreat. "And who says you have me for the rest of the night hmm? I could leave any time I wanted to." Not that he would. That gleam in her eye said they were thinking along the same lines and he wasn't about to leave with that knowledge in his head. He smiled at her and leaned in to whisper in her ear. "Would you like some suggestions? Maybe...we could pick up where we left off in the kitchen?" He questioned, capturing her lips in his before she could actually respond.

39 Re: Getting Settled on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:30 pm

Erin smiled, giggling for a second as he caught her before she could "escape". While she had no interest in the idea, it was still something he had prevented. She giggled at him, "Oh?" she questioned him, although it was clear that she was enjoying their evening together. It was even more clear that she was enjoying the idea of him noticing they were on the same page. Something that was further proven when he came up with a suggestion before kissing her. She was going to respond to him, but his method worked FAR better. Her arms wrapped around the man as she returned his kiss, enjoying the intimacy of it. What was more, was that she was enjoying the thought of knowing that he likely didn't want to go anywhere that night, despite his teasing.

40 Re: Getting Settled on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:28 pm

A'dam was quite happy to feel Erin's arms around him as she returned his kiss. He broke away after a few moments and smiled at her from a few inches away. "I seem to remember us being in a similar situation about two turns ago. Some wine, some good friends...we had a little too much and snuck off...." He trailed off, refusing to mention L'ric catching them before they could do anything. Though it was very obvious what would have happened had he not interrupted them. Though plenty of the details were a little fuzzy, A'dam distinctly remembered needing to find his shirt before he returned to his weyr that night.

41 Re: Getting Settled on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:33 pm

Erin smirked as he pulled away and commented on their previous time together. She couldn't remember much about it, since she was completely smashed that night and it was when she had gotten her one scar. However, she smiled at him. "Hmm... Perhaps we should pick up where we left off then? There is a distinct lack of someone around to interrupt us," she teased him, kissing him once more. In her mind, it seemed like a -very- good idea to her that they finish what they'd started two turns ago, even if she didn't remember the specifics that went with it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum