» Candidate Lesson #1: Welcome to the Weyr
by Kestrana Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:56 pm

» Candidate Lesson #3: Hold and Weyr Relations
by Kestrana Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:34 pm

» Check-in with Candidatemaster Lery
by Kestrana Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:34 pm

» Candidate Lesson #2: Manners for the Mannerly
by Kestrana Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:36 pm

» Chore Group A: Food Services (morning) -- Nium, Marrisha, Quarion, Shemov, Alyena
by Kestrana Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:38 pm

» Girls' Bunkroom #6 - Sindri, Leena, Hirana
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:35 pm

» Girls' Bunkroom #5 - Nemeia, Neme, Safira
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:34 pm

» Girls' Bunkroom #4 - Luthi, Lorali, Liasa
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:32 pm

» Boys' Bunkroom #7 - Skeldar, Theram, ?
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:19 pm

» Boys' Bunkroom #6 - Burlar, Dryden, Artie
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:18 pm

» NPC Candidates
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:51 pm

» Check-in with Harper Timiny
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:22 pm

» Craft Lesson Schedules
by Kestrana Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:26 pm

» Boys' Bunkroom #5 - Liadon, Patelo, Learyam
by Kestrana Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:54 pm

» Boys' Bunkroom #4 - Lerane, Kimta, Taien
by Kestrana Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:51 pm

» Girls' Bunkroom #3 - Amaki, Rineta, Pola
by Kestrana Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:45 pm

» Girls' Bunkroom #2 - Nylee, Xilosci, Secha
by Kestrana Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:13 pm

» Boys' Bunkroom #3 - Shemov, Ildel
by Kestrana Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:33 pm

» 3941.03.20 10:30 - Aren, Erhom, Lorler, Tikal, Silvara
by Kestrana Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:53 pm

» Boys' Bunkroom #1 - Aren, Erhom, Lorler
by Kestrana Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:12 am

Affiliates & Acknowledgements

Affiliates

RolePlayGateway

Acknowledgements

All canon Pern content copyright to Anne McCaffrey. All non-canon Pern content copyright Kestrana. All draconic sprites/button images copyright to various artists (many images from Pern book covers; dragon sprite from "Dragonlady" fantasy portrait of Anne McCaffrey). All original characters copyright of their gamers.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1NPC Candidates Empty NPC Candidates Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:13 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
http://reverie.rpg-board.net

Last edited by Kestrana on Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:08 pm; edited 13 times in total

2NPC Candidates Empty Re: NPC Candidates Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:37 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Quarion
Craft: Healing

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy? I doubt I'll ever advance beyond Senior Journeyman, I had planned to spend my career traveling among the Isles, offering my services when and where they are needed.

Why would you make a good dragonrider? After fighting Thread, I could go to the remote holdings and provide Healing if anyone needs it, treating Threadscore and any other ailments that haven't received the services of a Healer.

If you are not accepted as a Candidate, what would you do? I think I would like to stay at the Weyr, and provide Healing for the riders after they fight Thread, and maybe get a lift to holdings after Thread, like I would if I was a rider.

Were you Searched or are you presenting yourself for consideration? Searched by Oreth

Candidatemaster's Interview
What is your Craft rank and specialty? Junior Journeyman Healer

Where were you born and raised?  On the Exile Islands.

How many siblings/fellow fosterlings did you have? One sister, Kait.

What kind of tasks did you perform in your former residence? Healer tasks, of course.  I have a weak Animal Telepathy gift, so I treat animals as well as people.  There weren't any other Healers with that gift, so I've been pretty much learning as I go.

How many times have you encountered a dragon and/or dragonrider (including what color/rank, if known)?  A Lord and/or Lady Holder?  A Craft Master and/or Craftmaster? I met K'let and Oreth when Oreth Searched me.  I haven't really met any of the other dragons or riders, just seen them from a distance, or maybe passed them in the hallways.  I think I've passed some Masters in the hallways, too, but I haven't specifically met any.

Weyrlingmaster's Interview
You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? Intervene in whatever way seems appropriate, maybe by sending the Apprentice on an errand to disrupt the situation.  Then find out who the Journeyman's Master is and report him.

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? Do what I can to comfort her in the immediate short-term.  If she's very overwrought, I'd make sure she got a sleeping draught in the Infirmary, and make sure that the Candidatemaster is aware of the situation.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  He confesses that he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? Tell him to stop, remind him of the consequences of any prank he may be planning.  If he persists, I'd ensure that the Candidatemaster is informed, preferably before the prank is completed.

During a stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three younglings running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? Run to offer first aid, and use my gift to keep the herdbeasts away from them.

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? Practicing my lute, restocking my herbalism kit, maybe reading.

What are your sexual interests? Women.  Definitely.

Name: Quarion
Craft and Rank: Journeyman Healer
Sexuality: Hetero
Mate: n/a

Physical Description:
Hair: light brown, curly
Eyes: brown
Face: round
Skin: caramel
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 125lbs
Scar: v-shaped scar on his left thigh from being kicked by a herdbeast in labor

Personality:
Highlights:

• I connect everything that happens to me to a grand, cosmic plan.
  • I'm oblivious to etiquette and social expectations.
  • Inquiry and curiosity are the pillars of progress.
  • I harbor dark, bloodthirsty thoughts that my isolation and meditation failed to quell.

Phobia: afraid of stagnation, routine, staying in one place too long
Hobby: lute

History:

Pets:

Dragon/Dolphin:

Description:

Personality:

Other Info:

NPC Characters:
Sister, Kait

Last edited by Kestrana on Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:35 am; edited 3 times in total

3NPC Candidates Empty Marrisha Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:07 am

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Marrisha
Craft: Beastcraft/Healing

Were you Searched or are you presenting yourself for consideration? Searched by Warrelith

What is your Craft rank and specialty? Apprentice Herder: Caprines, Medicine and Toxicology

Where were you born and raised?  Small holding west of Fort Hold

How many siblings/fellow fosterlings did you have? 2

You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? Wait until the older boy leaves and then take the Apprentice to speak to a Master.

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? Sit with her until she's ready to talk to someone else, then take her to talk to someone who can help her deal with her grief.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  He confesses that he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? Go back to sleep - he knows the consequences of his action and can deal with the consequences himself.

During a stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three younglings running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? Go to try to keep the herdbeasts away from the children while someone gets them out and gets them medical attention.

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? Gather herbs and make medicinals.

What are your sexual interests? Men.

Name: Marrisha
Craft and Rank: Healer/Herder, unofficial apprentice
Sexuality: Hetero

Physical Description:
Hair: Black, straight
Eyes: Hazel
Face: Triangular
Skin: Pale
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 115lbs
Scar: Crescent-shaped on her left shoulder, near her neck

Personality:
Highlights:

• Independent
  • Antisocial
  • Gentle and caring

Phobia: Fear of childbirth
Hobby: Beading

History:
Highlights:

• Born in an independent cothold, raising goats for milk, meat, and fiber
  • Mother died when she was 9, giving birth to brother Kohin
  • Older sister Brisa took over household management
  • Developed Psi gifts at age 11 - Animal Telepathy (10) caused her to startle one of the goats, who bit her on the shoulder/side of the neck
  • Directed the telepathy and a knack for making tinctures and salves into becoming an herbalist, maintaining the health of her family's herd and helping out the neighbors (often goes out gathering medicinal plants by herself)

Pets:

Dragon/Dolphin:

Description:

Personality:

Other Info:
Level 9 Animal Telepathy
Level 3 Reception Telepathy
Level 4 Projection Telepathy

NPC Characters:
Mother - deceased
Father - Rimbal
Older sister - Brisa
Younger brother - Kohin

Last edited by Kestrana on Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:36 am; edited 2 times in total

4NPC Candidates Empty Nymine Thu May 14, 2020 9:35 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Nymine
Craft: Herder: Avians, Medicine

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy?
I specialize in the falconry birds, I hoped to start or join an aviary as their veterinarian.

Why would you make a good dragonrider?
I know a lot about flying, and I have always wanted to fly myself.

If you are not accepted as a Candidate, what would you do?
I guess I'd go back to the Weyr's mews and continue my studies.

Were you Searched or are you presenting yourself for consideration? Presenting myself

What is your Craft rank and specialty? Junior Apprentice Herder: Avians, Medicine

Where were you born and raised? Exile Islands

What kind of tasks did you perform in your former residence?
I've been studying to be a Herder for a couple of years.  Before I enrolled, I was helping my parents raise my little brother.

How many times have you encountered a dragon and/or dragonrider (including what color/rank, if known)?  A Lord and/or Lady Holder?  A Craft Master and/or Craftmaster?
I haven't had any close encounters with the dragons or their riders since they arrived.  I've never met a Lord or Lady Holder, or a Craftmaster.  I've gotten to sort of know Master Eletia since I came to the Weyr.

You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? Step in and tell off the Journeyman

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? Leave her alone

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  S/He confesses that s/he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? Make her stop

During your stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three children running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? I run out to keep the herdbeasts away from the children while calling for help.

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? I would fly some of the raptors in the Weyr's mews, and work on my puppets.

What are your sexual interests? Boys, I guess...

NPC Highlights
Name: Nymine
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Mate: No

Physical Description:

• Hair: Red
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Face: Square
  • Skin: Umber
  • Height: 5' 6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Scar: Moderate Combination Vertical scar, <1/2 inch long, on Right Lower Arm

Personality:

• Efficient
  • Solitary
  • Assertive
  • Hobby:  Puppet Theater
  • Phobia:  Gymnophobia – fear of nudity

History:

• Arrived with a transport ship

Pets:

Other Info:

NPC Characters:

• Nymril (father)
  • Anineta (mother)
  • Rineta (sister, 16)
  • Lanri (brother, 11)

Last edited by Kestrana on Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:36 am; edited 7 times in total

5NPC Candidates Empty Luthi Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:26 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Luthi
Craft: Plastic-smith: Cellulose packaging

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy?
I expected to find a position in a plastic-smithy, helping to produce cellulose packaging.  I expected that this would still happen if I Impressed, but not until after my dragon and I had graduated.

I don't know why I was Searched.

I would return to my Craft.

Were you Searched or are you presenting yourself for consideration? Searched

What is your Craft rank and specialty? Junior journeywoman plastic-smith: Cellulose packaging

Where were you born and raised? Benden Hold

How many siblings/fellow fosterlings did you have? 1

At Benden Hold, I was studying plasticraft, specializing in cellulose packaging.  I was working part-time at Benden's plastic-smithy until my daughter was born.

How many times have you encountered a dragon and/or dragonrider (including what color/rank, if known)?  A Lord and/or Lady Holder?  A Craft Master and/or Craftmaster?
I've met many dragons and dragonriders since I was Searched two years ago.  I haven't really met a Lord or Lady Holder, although the Lord and Lady Holder of Benden Hold thanked all of us who were from Benden Hold every time we attended a Hatching at Benden Weyr; it was very impersonal, though.  I occasionally passed a Master Plastic-smith in the hallway or market, but never formally met them.

You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? Wait until he stops and leaves, and then talk to the Apprentice.

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? Extend my condolences and tell her it's going to be alright.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  S/He confesses that s/he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? Go back to sleep and pretend I didn't see her.

During your stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three children running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? I would go for help.

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? I would want to visit the vineyards and see what the local, modern wines and beers taste like, but only if I could find someone to watch the children.

What are your sexual interests? Men

NPC Highlights
Name: Luthi
Mate: Aughoan (died in transit, was riding the blue that was killed)

Physical Description:

• Hair: Golden blonde
  • Eyes: Amber
  • Face: Rectangular
  • Skin: Beige
  • Height: 5' 4"
  • Weight: 133lbs
  • Scar: Faint Burn Diagonal UR-LL scar, 4-8 inches long, on Both Buttocks

Personality:

• Self-reliant
  • Iconoclastic
  • Cowardly
  • Hobby:  Wine/Beer-tasting
  • Phobia:  Gymnophobia – fear of nudity

History:

• Brought forward

Pets:

Other Info:

NPC Characters:

• Lautha (daughter, 2)
  • Luthan (son, 1 - died with Aughoan)
  • Aughian (son, infant)
  • Ardthi (father - left behind)
  • Burlu (mother - left behind)
  • Burlar (brother, 21)

Last edited by Kestrana on Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:36 am; edited 4 times in total

6NPC Candidates Empty Burlar Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:28 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Burlar
Craft: Farmer: Greenhousing

I had built and was managing a small greenhouse for my parents' holding, and we were establishing a good tomato business.  Avesa and I expected to take over the holding from my parents, and I had planned to expand the tomato business.

I'm not sure.  I'm pretty grounded, I suppose someone who doesn't panic easily makes a good rider?

I'd like to know what happened to my parents' holding, but I would probably stay here at the Weyr and help run the greenhouses.

What is your Craft rank and specialty? Senior Journeyman Farmer: Greenhousing

Where were you born and raised? Benden Hold

I built a greenhouse and farmed in it.

I've met a lot of dragons and riders when Standing at Hatchings.  Never formally met a Lord or Lady Holder.  Haven't met a Master or Craftmaster in person, just in correspondence.

You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? I would keep an eye on the situation and step in if the Apprentice seemed to need help, otherwise I'd stay out of it.

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? I'd take her to the Infirmary.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  S/He confesses that s/he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? I'd try to stop him.  If he doesn't stop and he doesn't get caught, I would report him to the Candidatemaster in the morning.

During your stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three children running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? Head to the Infirmary to get help.

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? Working in the greenhouse and on my orchid vivariums.

What are your sexual interests? Women.  Avesa, specifically.

NPC Highlights
Name: Burlar
Mate: Avesa

Physical Description:

• Hair: Black
  • Face: Oval
  • Skin: Sienna
  • Height: 5' 0"
  • Weight: 115lbs
  • Scar: Faint Double Horizontal scar, 2-4 inches long, on Head

Personality:

• Reverential
  • Contradictory
  • Calculating
  • Hobby:  Vivariums
  • Phobia:  Ichthyophobia – fear/dislike of fish

History:

• Brought forward

Pets:

Other Info:

NPC Characters:

• Ardthi (father - left behind)
  • Burlu (mother - left behind)
  • Luthi (sister, 19)

Last edited by Kestrana on Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:35 am; edited 2 times in total

7NPC Candidates Empty Re: NPC Candidates Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:31 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Name: Erevan
Craft and Rank: Junior apprentice cook: Commis (jack-of-all-trades)
Origin: Fort Hold

Physical Description:
Hair: Dark blonde
Eyes: Hazel
Face: Oval
Skin: Chocolate
Height: 5' 2"
Weight: 155lbs
Scar: Moderate Combination Diagonal UR-LL scar, >36 inches long, on Left Lower Arm

Personality:
Highlights:

• Multi-leveled
  • Restrained
  • Barbaric

Hobby: Singing
Phobia: Xenophobia – fear of strangers, foreigners, or aliens

History:
Highlights:

• Pirate

Other Info:

NPC Characters:
Evalye (mother - Fort Hold)
Vanel (father - Fort Hold)
Ellye (sister, 19 - Fort Hold)

Basic Application
Name: Erevan
Craft: Cook

Were you Searched or are you presenting yourself for consideration? Presenting myself

Last edited by Kestrana on Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

8NPC Candidates Empty Shemov Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:31 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Shemov
Craft: None

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy?  I was living alone on the top of the Tower.  I liked it there.  No one knew I was up there until the dragons came.

Why would you make a good dragonrider? Uh, I wouldn't?  I'm not afraid of heights.  I suppose that's a good thing for a dragonrider...

If you are not accepted as a Candidate, what would you do?  Go find another remote island to live on.  Might do that anyway...

Were you Searched or are you presenting yourself for consideration?  I was Searched.

What is your Craft rank and specialty?  I don't have a Craft.

Where were you born and raised?  On the Exile Islands.

How many siblings/fellow fosterlings did you have?  One sister.  She died.

What kind of tasks did you perform in your former residence?  I helped my mother fish and grow food.

How many times have you encountered a dragon and/or dragonrider (including what color/rank, if known)?  A Lord and/or Lady Holder?  A Craft Master and/or Craftmaster?  Until recently?  Never.  I think I've met most of the dragons and their riders when they're taking their turns on Watch at my house.  I don't socialize with the rest of the Weyr.

You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do?  It's none of my business.

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do?  Still...not any of my business...

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  He confesses that he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do?  I ask how he'd feel if the other Candidate did the same thing to him, and suggest that he shouldn't.  But if he decides to go ahead and do it...not my business...

During a stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three younglings running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do?  I go to carry the children to the healer.

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them?  Alone in my house, tending my garden.  Maybe some fishing.

What are your sexual interests?  None of your business?

NPC Highlights
Name: Shemov

Physical Description:

• Hair: Prematurely gray
  • Eyes: Black
  • Face: Thin, tense
  • Skin: Weathered and tanned
  • Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 147lbs
  • Scar: Many small scars on his hands and feet from fishing and swimming; one long scar down his right thigh from the storm that killed his mother and sister

Personality:

• Protective
  • Private
  • Escapist
  • Hobby:  Playing fiddle
  • Phobia:  Decidophobia – fear of indecision

History:

• Born on one of the smallest islands, little more than a rock outcropping
  • Grew up scrabbling around on that rock for survival; got very good at fishing and swimming, developed a tougher skin from exposure
  • During a storm, he and his sister were both swept off the island and he watched his mother, torn by indecision over which one to rescue first, get swept off and smashed into a rock; his sister was lost, so far as he knows, she's dead, and he's afraid that such indecision will bring harm to people he cares about
  • Traveled to another island and found out that others lived better than they had (in terms of comfort - access to food, shelter, etc.) and at first, resented it, but found out that he was stronger than they were due to his hardships growing up
  • Introduced to music on other islands, acquired and learned how to play a fiddle
  • Spent his life island hopping until he reached the island that would eventually become Reverie Weyr; found a way up to the top of the Tower and built a small house and lived up there, away from everyone else, until the dragonriders came...

Pets:

Other Info:

• Level 4 Animal Telepathy
  • Illiterate
  • Never learned any Teaching Ballads

NPC Characters:

• Mother - deceased
  • Father - unknown
  • Sister - presumed deceased

Last edited by Kestrana on Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

9NPC Candidates Empty Dynkel Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:30 am

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Dynkel
Craft: Herder: Llamas, Breed Propagation

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy? Develop a line of white wool-producing llamas for the Weyr.

Why would you make a good dragonrider? I don't know...unless dragonriders need wool?

If you are not accepted as a Candidate, what would you do? Continue my work with the Weyr's llama herd.

What is your Craft rank and specialty? Junior Apprentice Herder: Llamas, Breed Propagation

How many siblings/fellow fosterlings did you have? 3

What kind of tasks did you perform in your former residence? I helped my mother with my foster sister, Chiera, a bit, but mostly Keltia did that.  I worked with the Hold's llama herd, helping shear them and things like that.

I've only encountered a dragon or rider a handful of times since they got here, most notably Ospereth and Z'vier, who Searched me.  I've never met a Lord or Lady Holder, or a Craftmaster.  I've known Master Herder Eletia since I first Apprenticed to Beastcraft.
You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? I would step in and ask what was going on, and stop the bullying if that's what was actually going on.

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? I would ask if the Candidatemaster was aware of the incident, and if not, inform them.  I would also take the Candidate to the Healers.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  S/He confesses that s/he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? Try to talk them out of it by reminding them that they'll be punished, and then go straight to the Candidatemaster if they won't stop.

During your stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three children running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? I would get help from whoever was nearest and try to drive the herdbeasts away from the children while someone gets them out of the field.

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? Working on whatever embroidery projects I have going.

What are your sexual interests? Women.
NPC Highlights
Name: Dynkel

Physical Description:

• Hair: Light brown
  • Eyes: Gray
  • Skin: Bronze
  • Height: 6' 0"
  • Weight: 153lbs
  • Scar: Faint Braided Vertical scar, 1/2 - 2 inches long, on Torso

Personality:

• Forthright
  • Moralistic
  • Paranoid
  • Hobby:  Embroidery
  • Phobia:  Herpetophobia - fear/dislike of tunnel snakes

History:

Pets:

Other Info:

NPC Characters:

• Dyntia (mother - Exile Hold)
  • Burkel (father - Exile Hold)
  • Chiera (foster sister, 12 - Exile Hold)
  • Keltia (sister, 24 - Exile Hold)
  • Brynti (sister, 28 - Exile Hold)

10NPC Candidates Empty Ildel Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:48 am

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Ildel
Craft: Holder

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy? I was looking for some land to start my own holding, since it's unlikely I'll inherit anything from my family.

Why would you make a good dragonrider? I'm an important person.

If you are not accepted as a Candidate, what would you do? Go back to Exile Hold and go back to looking for land for my own holding.

Were you Searched or are you presenting yourself for consideration? Searched by Keoneth
What is your Craft rank and specialty? No Craft, I'm a holder

How many siblings/fellow fosterlings did you have? 3

What kind of tasks did you perform in your former residence? My parents were teaching me how to run the Hold. Mostly I watched my brothers do things.

How many times have you encountered a dragon and/or dragonrider (including what color/rank, if known)? A Lord and/or Lady Holder? A Craft Master and/or Craftmaster?
I've only briefly met Keoneth and X'kim when I was Searched. I used to encounter a Lord and Lady Holder on a daily basis...they're my parents. I met several Masters when they visited with my parents, but I was never really part of the conversations.
You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? I'd intervene on behalf of the Apprentice.

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? I would apologize for her loss and sit with her until she felt better or I was needed somewhere else.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  S/He confesses that s/he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? Ask what kind of prank and see if it could be done better.

During your stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three children running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? Find people to go rescue them.

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? Work on my stained glass projects. Maybe see if my wife wants to come see the Weyr.

What are your sexual interests? Women.
NPC Highlights
Name: Ildel
Mate: Nasika

Physical Description:
  • Eyes: Hazel
  • Face: V-shaped
  • Skin: Rose beige
  • Height: 5' 4"
  • Weight: 121lbs
  • Scar: Faint Combination Diagonal UR-LL scar, 2-4 inches long, on Left Knee

Personality:
  • Passionate
  • Paternalistic
  • Overimaginative
  • Hobby: Stained glass
  • Phobia: Taphophobia – fear of the grave, or fear of being placed in a grave while still alive

History:

Pets:

Other Info:

NPC Characters:
  • Lady Adilye (mother)
  • Lord Halen (father)
  • Leril (sister, 33)
  • Perdel (brother, 35)
  • Dell (brother, 30)

11NPC Candidates Empty Secha Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:46 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Secha
Craft: Healer: Dentistry

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy? To finish my Healer training. I haven't really decided what I want to do yet, but I think I want to go into dentistry. Teeth are so important to our health!

Why would you make a good dragonrider? I mean, I know dragonriders are supposed to be healthier than the normal person, but obviously, they can get sick and hurt like anyone else anyway, so they need healers, right? And what about the dragons? Do dragons need healers? If they do, having my own dragon would be really helpful.

If you are not accepted as a Candidate, what would you do? Well, I know I'm young to be a Candidate right now, but I've still got like, what, 15 years to be a Candidate and maybe Impress? So I'd keep trying while I continue my studies to be a Healer.

What is your Craft rank and specialty? Junior Apprentice Healer: Dentistry

What kind of tasks did you perform in your former residence? I didn't have a lot of responsibilities, mostly I studied. I did some housekeeping type chores for my mom.

How many times have you encountered a dragon and/or dragonrider (including what color/rank, if known)? A Lord and/or Lady Holder? A Craft Master and/or Craftmaster?
I haven't met any dragons or riders besides the one who Searched me, but I don't remember his name. I'm terrible with names. And I don't think I've ever met a Lord or Lady Holder. I met the Master Healer here, um...Ryndena?...when I first transferred here.
You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? Ohhhh, I couldn't do anything. Or are they people I know? If they're someone I know, I could tell the Journeyman to leave the Apprentice alone. But if they're strangers, no, I couldn't...I could go get someone I know, though, and ask them to stop it!

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? Oh, no! That's terrible! What happened? Oh, this isn't a real scenario, so you don't know what happened. If she's by herself, I'd sit with her, but if she's with other people, I'll let them take care of her.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  S/He confesses that s/he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? That's mean! Well, it could be really funny, too. It would depend on who it is. If it's someone I know, I would try to talk them out of it because we don't want to get in trouble, but if I don't know them, I'd suggest that they not, but it's not really my place to stop them. But I talk too much, I couldn't keep it secret from the Candidatemaster if she asked about it later...

During your stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three children running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? Why are all of these questions about bad things happening to people! Oh! I would run to the Infirmary to get help and get stretchers for the poor children.

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? That's a much nicer question! I like to make things that smell good, like potpourri and perfumes, so I'd probably spend a lot of my time working on those. Do dragons like scented things like that?

What are your sexual interests? Um, I haven't really thought about it much. But boys, I guess.
NPC Highlights
Name: Secha

Physical Description:
  • Face: Diamond
  • Skin: Golden
  • Weight: 116lbs
  • Scar: Average Burn Diagonal UL-LR scar, 1/2 - 2 inches long, on Left Calf

Personality:
  • Curious
  • Crisp
  • Loquacious
  • Hobby: Potion-making (potpourri, simmering oils, etc.)
  • Phobia: Anthropophobia – fear of people or being in a company, a form of social phobia

History:

Pets:

Other Info:

NPC Characters:
  • Charise (mother)
  • Taysen (brother)

12NPC Candidates Empty Rineta Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:47 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Rineta
Craft: Harper: Lawyer

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy? I've been studying to become a justiciar.

Why would you make a good dragonrider? I guess the dragonriders used to be enforcers of the laws that the Harpers distributed when the Weyrs, Holds, and Halls decided on them, so it would be good to have a rider who actually understands those laws.

If you are not accepted as a Candidate, what would you do? Finish my training and serve the Weyr.

Were you Searched or are you presenting yourself for consideration? Searched by Keoneth
What is your Craft rank and specialty? Junior Journeyman Harper: Lawyer

What kind of tasks did you perform in your former residence? I've helped my mother raise my siblings. My father was murdered, which is how I became interested in law.

I've only really met Keoneth and X'kim, as far as dragons and riders go. The Lord Holder attended the trial of the man who murdered my father, and he offered his condolences to us, but it wasn't very personal. I've known Master Benimin since I started my apprenticeship.
You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? I would tell him to stop and report the incident to one of his ranking Crafters.

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? I would sit with her and listen to anything she wants to say.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  S/He confesses that s/he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? I would remind them that pranking our fellows is against the rules and that I will have to report them if they continue.

During your stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three children running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? I would go for help, and try to figure out which dragon caused the stampede so I can let the Headwoman know.

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? I would spend time in the Archives looking for events that would make good story fodder.

What are your sexual interests? Either-or.
NPC Highlights
Name: Rineta
Sexuality: Bisexual

Physical Description:
  • Hair: Dark blonde
  • Eyes: Red
  • Face: V-shaped
  • Skin: Limestone
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 109lbs
  • Scar: Severe Double Vertical scar, 2-4 inches long, on Right Hand

Personality:
  • Invulnerable
  • Enigmatic
  • Hesitant
  • Hobby: Storytelling
  • Phobia: Ailurophobia – fear/dislike of felines

History:
  • Sister was not Searched, but presented herself

Pets:

Other Info:

NPC Characters:
  • Nymril (father)
  • Anineta (mother)
  • Nymine (sister, 14)
  • Lanri (brother, 11)

13NPC Candidates Empty Pola Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:01 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Pola
Craft: Scribe: Mathematician

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy? I've watched my parents and other Crafters struggle with not getting supplies in a timely fashion, and I'm seeing similar problems here at the Weyr. I've been studying mathematics to help solve supply chain issues.

Why would you make a good dragonrider? Not sure, but my brother and sister were both Searched, too, so I guess there's something in our family...

If you are not accepted as a Candidate, what would you do? I'm looking forward to putting my math skills to work for the Weyr and the Hold, I have no reason to change that, even if I were to Impress.

What is your Craft rank and specialty? Junior Apprentice Scribe: Mathematician

What kind of tasks did you perform in your former residence? When I was younger, I helped my parents in their shop, and helped look after my little brother. I started trying to find out why my parents and some of the other Crafters in our neighborhood had so much trouble getting their supplies.

I met Keoneth and X'kim when we were Searched. I haven't met a Lord or Lady Holder. I've met Master Benimin a few times.
You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? I would ask the Journeyman why he's behaving that way, and whether or not the Apprentice did something to warrant the behavior.

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? I would ask if she has anyone else in the Weyr -- siblings or cousins or even good friends -- and see to it that one of them was able to take care of her.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  S/He confesses that s/he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? I'd do my best to stop them...unless the person really deserves it.

During your stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three children running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? I would go looking for help.

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? I'd love to sit outside with some of my tools and work on some carving. Or look at some maps. And spend some time with Tincer.

What are your sexual interests? Tincer. hehe
NPC Highlights
Name: Pola
Mate: Tincer

Physical Description:
  • Face: Triangular
  • Skin: Bronze
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Weight: 125lbs
  • Scar: Average Smooth Diagonal UR-LL scar, 2-4 inches long, on Right Lower Arm

Personality:
  • Alert
  • Questioning
  • Disconcerting
  • Hobby: Stone carving
  • Phobia: Emetophobia – fear of vomiting

History:

Pets:

Other Info:

NPC Characters:
  • Esoda (mother)
  • Arupol (father)
  • Odaru (brother, 14)
  • Arupe (sister, 18)

14NPC Candidates Empty Kimta Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:17 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Kimta
Craft: Healer: Respiratory

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy? I want to help people with respiratory problems.

Why would you make a good dragonrider? Uh, I suppose, with going between, dragonriders might have more respiratory problems than others?

If you are not accepted as a Candidate, what would you do? Finish my studies to be a Healer.

What is your Craft rank and specialty? Junior Journeyman Healer: Respiratory

What kind of tasks did you perform in your former residence? Mostly, I worked on my studies to be a Healer.

I haven't really met any dragons, and I only met Weyrlingmaster H'lee in passing when he informed me that I had been Searched. I've never met a Lord or Lady Holder. I met Master Tikal once in the hallway.
You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? The Apprentice needs to learn how to stand up for himself. I stay out of it.

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? Bad things happen to people, she needs to stand on her own two feet to face the world. I offer my condolences and move on.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  S/He confesses that s/he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? They're the ones who will bear the consequences, it's not my problem.

During your stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three children running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? I would immediately go to check on the children and start rendering aid.

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? I'd like to find a Gather or two to go to!

What are your sexual interests? Girls, thanks.
NPC Highlights
Name: Kimta

Physical Description:
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Weight: 155lbs
  • Scar: Severe Smooth Diagonal UL-LR scar, 2-4 inches long, on Left Buttocks

Personality:
  • Self-reliant
  • Quiet
  • Negativistic
  • Hobby: Weapon collection
  • Phobia: Decidophobia – fear of making decisions

History:

Pets:

Other Info:

NPC Characters:
  • Tasra (mother)
  • Kimior (father - ?)
  • Tiora (sister, 13)

15NPC Candidates Empty Taien Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:54 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Taien
Craft: Healer: General Practitioner

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy? I've been studying to be a GP, someone who takes care of all the little daily hurts, rather than specializing. Too many Healer Halls have too many specialists and then they charge so much money for any consultations at all.

Why would you make a good dragonrider? Dragonriders get injuries just as much as anyone else. I suppose, with Threadfall, they'll probably get more injuries. So they definitely need more general Healers instead of specialists...

If you are not accepted as a Candidate, what would you do? I would continue my training, of course.

What is your Craft rank and specialty? Junior Journeyman Healer: General Practitioner

How many siblings/fellow fosterlings did you have? 0

What kind of tasks did you perform in your former residence? I spent most of my time in my studies.

One of the dragonriders, I don't remember who, told me I had been Searched. I've never met a Lord or Lady Holder. I've gotten to know Master Ryndena since I came to the Weyr, and I've met Master Tikal a time or two.
You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? I would tell the Journeyman that that's inappropriate behavior, and ask who his Master is, and report the behavior.

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? I would do my best to comfort her, and make sure that someone's available to help her get through the loss.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  S/He confesses that s/he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? I would point out that they're going to get in trouble if they do it and try to talk them out of it. If they insist, I'll report it to the Candidatemaster in the morning.

During your stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three children running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? Render first aid right away!

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? I would look for new, uniquely-colored or classically-perfect insects for my collection.

What are your sexual interests? Girls.
NPC Highlights
Name: Taien
Mate: Loril (girlfriend)

Physical Description:
  • Hair: Dark brown
  • Face: Round
  • Skin: Pale ivory
  • Height: 5' 10"
  • Weight: 114lbs
  • Scar: Faint Double Diagonal UL-LR scar, <1/2 inch long, on Arm Combination

Personality:
  • Studious
  • Moralistic
  • Unrealistic
  • Hobby: Insect collection/Entomology
  • Phobia: Sociophobia – fear of social situations

History:

Pets:

Other Info:

NPC Characters:
  • Loril (girlfriend)

16NPC Candidates Empty Patelo Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:58 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Patelo
Craft: Herder: Avians, Nutrition

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy? I grew up on a wherry farm, so I've always spent a lot of time with them. I've been helping to establish a good flock here.

Why would you make a good dragonrider? I know a lot about the nutrition that the native flyers need.

If you are not accepted as a Candidate, what would you do? I would continue working with the flock here at the Weyr.

What is your Craft rank and specialty? Senior Apprentice Herder: Avians, Nutrition

How many siblings/fellow fosterlings did you have? 0

What kind of tasks did you perform in your former residence? I helped with every aspect of raising wherries on my parents' farm.

I met Z'vier and Ospereth a couple of times, and I've run into a couple riders in the hallways, but haven't really met them, so I'm not sure who. I've never met a Lord or Lady Holder. I've been working with Master Eletia and Journeyman Daneard with the wherry flock.
You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? I intervene and ask the Apprentice if he's okay.

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? I would sit with her until she feels better, and check on her regularly for the next few days.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  S/He confesses that s/he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? I'd ask what kind of a prank and see if there's a way to make it better/funnier.

During your stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three children running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? I'd make sure the herdbeasts aren't coming back.

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? I really enjoy doing some sculpture, so I'd probably do that.

What are your sexual interests? Umm... [uncomfortable squirming, turning bright red] "Girls..."
NPC Highlights
Name: Patelo

Physical Description:
  • Hair: Dark blonde
  • Skin: Band
  • Weight: 107lbs
  • Scar: Moderate Ragged Diagonal UR-LL scar, 1/2 - 2 inches long, on Left Shoulder

Personality:
  • Sweet
  • Paternal
  • Bizarre
  • Hobby: Stone carving
  • Phobia: Erotophobia – fear of sexual love or questions

History:

Pets:

Other Info:

NPC Characters:
  • Mother (hold wherry farm)
  • Father (hold wherry farm)

17NPC Candidates Empty Lorali Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:18 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Lorali
Craft: Harper: Route rider

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy? I planned to be one of the traveling Harpers, taking updates and news to the remote holdings.

Why would you make a good dragonrider? I have no idea.  I'm not really a very good rider, since I'd actually be mostly traveling by boat, and I'm not really strong or anything...

If you are not accepted as a Candidate, what would you do? I will help disperse the tradition songs among the holds.

What is your Craft rank and specialty? Junior Journeyman Harper: Route rider

What kind of tasks did you perform in your former residence? I learned how to sail, and I helped with teaching songs.

I met Z'vier and Ospereth early on.  I've also met R'yur, T'zal, Arisa, and L'mas while trying to learn the Teaching Ballads about the Weyrs.  I've never met a Lord or Lady Holder.  I've met Master Benimin, but I don't really know him.
You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? I'd tell the Journeyman to leave the Apprentice alone, and then ask what the Apprentice what it was about.  If it was something important, I'd make sure their Master knows.

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? I would offer my condolences and ask if she has anyone to talk to.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  S/He confesses that s/he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? Let them...pranks aren't that big a deal.

During your stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three children running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? Go for help!

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? I'd catch up on the requests from my friends and family for jewelry.

What are your sexual interests? Boys.
NPC Highlights
Name: Lorali
Mate: Ranidel (boyfriend)

Physical Description:
  • Hair: Golden blonde
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Weight: 134lbs
  • Scar: Moderate Ragged Horizontal scar, <1/2 inch long, on Leg Combination

Personality:
  • Tolerant
  • Big-thinking
  • Suspicious
  • Hobby:  Jewelry-making
  • Phobia:  Lipophobia – fear/avoidance of fats in food

History:

Pets:

Other Info:

NPC Characters:
  • Leren (father)
  • Tassi (mother)
  • Tessem (brother, 15)
  • Sutra (sister, 11)

Last edited by Kestrana on Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

18NPC Candidates Empty Liasa Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:29 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Liasa
Craft: Scribe: Mathematician

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy? I haven't really decided what I want to do, but I really like numbers.

Why would you make a good dragonrider? I don't know, and neither my sister nor my foster brother were Searched, so...

If you are not accepted as a Candidate, what would you do? I'd keep up with my studies.

Were you Searched or are you presenting yourself for consideration? Searched by Warrelith
What is your Craft rank and specialty? Junior Apprentice Scribe: Mathematician

What kind of tasks did you perform in your former residence? I helped my mother around the house quite a bit, as the youngest. Sortor was always helping Pa on the farm, and Torina left to study her Craft.

Weyrlingmaster H'lee told me I had been Searched. I've never met a Lord or Lady Holder, or a Craft Master, I don't think.
You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? Why is he picking on the Apprentice, and why isn't the Apprentice standing up to him?

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? I offer her a piece of fruit and my condolences, and tell her that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  S/He confesses that s/he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? Tell them they're insane if they think the Candidatemaster won't find out.

During your stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three children running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? Why were they in the fields with the herdbeasts in the first place? And who let their dragon scare them?

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? I haven't had time to set up my ebb-and-flow garden yet, so I'd do that.

What are your sexual interests? Boys, I guess.
NPC Highlights
Name: Liasa

Physical Description:
  • Hair: Red
  • Face: Heart-shaped
  • Skin: Chocolate
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Scar: Moderate Speckled Horizontal scar, 24-36 inches long, on Left Hand

Personality:
  • Healthy
  • Ascetic
  • Scornful
  • Hobby: Hydroponics
  • Phobia: Phonophobia - fear of loud sounds

History:

Pets:

Other Info:

NPC Characters:
  • Asaina (mother)
  • Litor (father)
  • Sortor (foster brother, 16)
  • Torina (sister, 15)

19NPC Candidates Empty Neme Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:59 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Neme
Craft: Technician: Barometer-maker

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy? I love making gauges, and was starting to get good at making them. Barometers are especially interesting.

Why would you make a good dragonrider? I suppose it has something to do with having survived the Eastway's sinking, but I don't really know.

If you are not accepted as a Candidate, what would you do? I'd continue my training, I think. I heard someone say that we don't have any real good weather-watching gear here at the Weyr yet.

Were you Searched or are you presenting yourself for consideration? Searched by Ospereth
What is your Craft rank and specialty? Senior apprentice technician: Barometer-maker

What kind of tasks did you perform in your former residence? I helped my parents in their workshop, mostly, and kept an eye on my little brother.

I guess I sort of met some of the other dragons when they rescued us, but I don't really remember that. I met Ospereth and Z'vier just a couple days ago. I've never met a Lord or Lady Holder, or a Master.
You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? I would interrupt and hustle the Apprentice away.

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? I will sit with her until she feels better.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  S/He confesses that s/he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? I would tell them to stop before they get everyone in trouble for pranking.

During your stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three children running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? Eek, I'd go for help.

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? I'd start setting up geocaching spots around the Weyr and maybe some of the neighboring islands.

NPC Highlights
Name: Neme

Physical Description:
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 132lbs
  • Scar: Faint Braided Diagonal UR-LL scar, 8-16 inches long, on Head

Personality:
  • Rustic
  • Undemanding
  • Domineering
  • Hobby: Treasure hunting
  • Phobia: Entomophobia – fear/dislike of insects

History:
  • Eastway shipwreck survivor

Pets:

Other Info:

NPC Characters:
  • Nysene (mother - drowned on Eastway)
  • Mendu (father - drowned on Eastway)
  • Dusen (brother, 11)
  • Mortia (fosterling, 13)
  • Banvor (fosterling,
  • Carow (fosterling, 7)
  • Naltan (fosterling, 9)
  • Emala (fosterling,

20NPC Candidates Empty Safira Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:48 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Safira
Craft: Weaver: Weaving

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy? I'm learning my Craft from a wonderful Master, I just hope to be able to work up to her standards.

Why would you make a good dragonrider? I have no idea, but I was Searched, so I guess there's something...

If you are not accepted as a Candidate, what would you do? I'll continue my studies with Master Shyen.

What is your Craft rank and specialty? Senior apprentice weaver: Weaving

What kind of tasks did you perform in your former residence? After I turned 13, I spent nearly all my time with Master Shyen, learning my Craft.

I think I've met all the riders at some point or another over the last week. I haven't actually met Lady Holder Adilye, but I was in the shop when she commissioned a piece from Master Shyen one time. I'm apprenticed to Master Shyen, of course, but I've also met Masters Timiny and Benimin, Master Eletia, Master Ryndena, Master Joryldin, Master Caslo, Master Garis, and Master Nymos, some before this last week, but mostly over the last week.
You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? I would look for his superior and report the incident. If he's really upsetting the apprentice, I'd try to stop it.

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? I would let her tell me whatever she wants to, and sit with her for a while.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  S/He confesses that s/he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? I will remind them that we get in trouble for pranks, but otherwise, let them decide what they're going to do.

During your stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three children running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? I would go look for a Healer...no way I could get very close to them if they're injured.

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? I'd get some bird feeders built and set up and start recording what comes to visit.

What are your sexual interests? Either-or.
NPC Highlights
Name: Safira

Physical Description:
  • Eyes: Green
  • Face: Heart-shaped
  • Height: 5'0"
  • Weight: 151lbs
  • Scar: Moderate smooth vertical scar, 2-4 inches long, right upper arm

Personality:
  • Honest
  • Confidential
  • Unreflective
  • Hobby: Birdwatching/Ornithology
  • Phobia: Hemophobia – fear of blood

History:
  • Arrived on transport ship

Pets:

Other Info:

NPC Characters:

21NPC Candidates Empty Dryden Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:00 am

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Dryden
Craft: Weaver: Weaving

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy? I've been learning the art of weaving from Grandma--I mean, Master Shyen.

Why would you make a good dragonrider? I really want to be a dragonrider, I think the dragons are amazing!

If you are not accepted as a Candidate, what would you do? I want to stay here in the Weyr.  I'd probably keep studying under Master Shyen.

What is your Craft rank and specialty? Junior apprentice weaver: Weaving

What kind of tasks did you perform in your former residence? I have helped my family's weaving studio ever since I was little.

I think I've met all the riders, and most of the dragons.  I guess I sort of met Warrelith, but not the rider?  I don't think I've ever met a Lord or Lady.  My grandma is a Craft Master!
You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? I'd make a note of which Journeyman it is so I can avoid him, but let Grandma know about it.

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? I'd try to find out what happened and be friendly.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  S/He confesses that s/he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? I'd follow, I can always use new ideas!

During your stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three children running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? I'd go for help, and then stay to help if I'm needed.

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? I make scented candles for my friends and family, so I'd probably do some of that. I'd probably still do some weaving for fun. And I'd hang out with Artie and Ceraven.

What are your sexual interests? Um, girls, I guess...haven't thought about it a lot. Artie's sister's kinda cute though...
NPC Highlights
Name: Dryden

Physical Description:
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Scar: Average Combination Diagonal UR-LL scar, 1/2 - 2 inches long, on left calf

Personality:
  • Curious
  • Artful
  • Messy
  • Hobby:  Potion-making (potpourri, simmering oils, etc.)
  • Phobia:  Glossophobia – fear of speaking in public or of trying to speak

History:
  • Arrived on transport ship

Pets:

Other Info:

NPC Characters:
  • Sheyn (grandmother)
  • Susana (mother)
  • Drystan (father)
  • Shaine (brother)
  • Sarina (sister)
  • Ceraven (friend)
  • Artie (friend)

22NPC Candidates Empty Artie Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:21 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Artie
Craft: Smith: Blacksmithing

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy? I expected to spend my life working in the smithy with my parents and sister.

Why would you make a good dragonrider? I don't know why we were Searched...but I imagine riders need to be pretty strong, and I am.

If you are not accepted as a Candidate, what would you do? I guess we're only just old enough to Stand, so I'd stick around. I'll keep working in the smithy with my parents, and my sister if she doesn't go.

Were you Searched or are you presenting yourself for consideration? Searched by Ospereth
What is your Craft rank and specialty? Senior apprentice smith: Blacksmithing

What kind of tasks did you perform in your former residence? Mostly, I helped my parents in the smithy. We all shared housekeeping tasks.

Leena and I were some of the first to meet Ospereth and Z'vier. I think we were the first ones to be Searched by Ospereth, too! I've never met a Lord or Lady Holder. I spent most of the trip from the Hold to here with Master Benimin, pretending to be his Apprentice. I've met a few of the other Masters here, mostly just in passing, though.
You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? Stay out of it...I don't want to be the next target of the Journeyman.

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? I'd take her to someone I trust, like my parents, or the Headwoman, or Master Benimin.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  S/He confesses that s/he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? Ooh, who's he going to prank?!

During your stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three children running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? I grab whoever's closest and organize a group to run out and get them and take them to the Infirmary.

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? It's not really cold in the Weyr in general, but there are some places that are. And I guess the dragons' weyrs aren't very warm. So I'd make as many quilts as I can. I'd spend some time hanging out with Artie and Ceraven, though, and probably some time helping my parents in the smithy.

What are your sexual interests? Girls. Definitely girls.
NPC Highlights
Name: Artie

Physical Description:
  • Eyes: Light brown
  • Skin: Limestone (but weathered/tanned)
  • Height: 4' 10"
  • Weight: 126lbs
  • Scar: Horizontal moderate burn scar, 4-8 inches long, on both shoulders

Personality:
  • Idealistic
  • Noncompetitive
  • Dependent
  • Hobby: Quilting
  • Phobia: Emetophobia – fear of vomiting

History:
  • Arrived on a transport ship

Pets:
Brown firedragonet Hagbard

Other Info:

NPC Characters:
  • Lenora (mother)
  • Teren (father)
  • Leena (twin sister, 14)
  • Ceraven (friend)
  • Dryden (friend)

23NPC Candidates Empty Leena Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:48 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Leena
Craft: Smith: Blacksmithing/Welding

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy? I expected to work in the smithy with my parents and brother.

Why would you make a good dragonrider? I don't know why we were Searched, but it's really exciting!

If you are not accepted as a Candidate, what would you do? I'll keep working in the smithy with my parents and brother, and I'd stay in the Weyr.

What is your Craft rank and specialty? Senior apprentice smith: Blacksmithing and Welding

What kind of tasks did you perform in your former residence? I worked in the smithy with my parents.

Artie and I were the first ones to be Searched by Ospereth and Z'vier! I've never met a Lord or Lady Holder. I've met a few of the Masters here, mostly just in passing, though.
You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? I tell the Journeyman to go to the Red Star and stay there.

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? I'd sit with her for a little while and ask her about her parents, try to get her to focus on the good memories.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  S/He confesses that s/he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? Ugh, whatever. Guess she'd like to hang out with my brother...

During your stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three children running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? I run out to save them.

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? Well, I bet Artie would be making quilts if he had the same time off, and I sometimes decorate some of his quilts with my embroidery, so I'd do that. And do some embroidery on anything else that comes to hand; everything we have so far is pretty plain, shared clothing.

What are your sexual interests? Boys...
NPC Highlights
Name: Leena

Physical Description:
  • Eyes: Light brown
  • Skin: Limestone (but weathered/tanned)
  • Height: 4' 10"
  • Weight: 131lbs
  • Scar: Faint diagonal UL-LR smooth scar, 8-12 inches long, on right calf

Personality:
  • Heroic
  • Noncommittal
  • Disrespectful
  • Hobby: Embroidery
  • Phobia: Nosocomephobia - fear of the Healer Hall

History:
  • Arrived on a transport ship

Pets:
Green firedragonet Signy

Other Info:

NPC Characters:
  • Lenora (mother)
  • Teren (father)
  • Artie (twin brother, 14)

24NPC Candidates Empty Hirana Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:06 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Hirana
Craft: Smith: Casting

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy? I really like working in the Weyr's smithies.

Why would you make a good dragonrider? I have no idea. But I was Searched so...here I am.

If you are not accepted as a Candidate, what would you do? I'd stay in the Weyr's smithies.

What is your Craft rank and specialty? Junior Journeyman Smith: Casting

What kind of tasks did you perform in your former residence? Mostly, I studied smithing.

H'lee told me I'd been Searched, but I don't know how, since I haven't met any of the dragons. I've never met a Lady Holder, but I was with my Master when Lord Halen commissioned an art piece. Master Honil, of course, and I've had passing interactions with various other Masters in the Weyr, mostly Masters Caslo and Joryldin.
You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? I check the Journeyman's rank and ask him if he thinks that his behavior is becoming of his rank.

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? I just sit quietly with her until she's ready to go back to whatever she was doing before she got the news.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  S/He confesses that s/he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? I'll ask if it's something that fits with our new rank as Candidates.

During your stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three children running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? I go to try to help get them out of the fields and to the Infirmary.

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? I'd spend time looking through the mining waste for geodes, or semi-precious stones, anything unique-looking. Maybe explore some other parts of the Weyr for the same thing.

NPC Highlights
Name: Hirana

Physical Description:
  • Hair: Brown
  • Weight: 123lbs
  • Scar: Moderate Ragged Diagonal UR-LL scar, 2-4 inches long, on Abdomen

Personality:
  • Impressive
  • Folksy
  • Wishful
  • Hobby: Rock collection
  • Phobia: Heliophobia – fear of sunlight

History:

Pets:

Other Info:

NPC Characters:
  • Eranys (mother)
  • Feran (foster brother, 9)

25NPC Candidates Empty Lyeala Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:25 pm

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Basic Application
Name: Lyeala
Craft: Miner: Lapidary (carving)

What were your ambitions before being Searched or choosing to present yourself for Candidacy? I expected that Terther and I would get married and probably have kids. We've worked well together with him mining stones that I can carve.

Why would you make a good dragonrider? I guess I don't know, but I think the dragons are absolutely amazing!

If you are not accepted as a Candidate, what would you do? I guess I'd keep on with what I was doing before...

What is your Craft rank and specialty? Sr app miner: Lapidary

What kind of tasks did you perform in your former residence? Before I met Terther, I helped my mother raising my little sister. Terther and I met on the ship on our way here, and we've been working together ever since we arrived.

I met Keoneth and X'kim, and I've seen I think all of the other riders, but I haven't really met them. I've never met a Lord or Lady Holder as far as I know, and I've seen or passed the Masters in the halls, but I haven't really met them.
You see a Journeyman Crafter, apparently in his late teens, picking on a much younger, smaller Apprentice.  What do you do? I leave it alone, but if I catch up with the Apprentice somewhere else, I encourage them to stand up for themselves.

You encounter a fellow Candidate in a nearly empty corridor; she's clearly distraught.  You find out that she just received news that her parents were killed in a mining accident.  What do you do? I extend my condolences and ask if there's anything I can do for her.

You're awakened in the middle of the night by a fellow Candidate sneaking out of your shared barracks.  S/He confesses that s/he's going to play a prank on one of other Candidates.  What do you do? I'm going to ignore them.

During your stint in the livestock area, a group of herdbeasts stampedes when a dragon flies over.  Three children running around in the fields are trampled.  What do you do? Get out of the way of everyone else running to help.

You are given a week of restdays during which you can do absolutely anything you want.  How do you spend them? I'd visit some markets in search of good semi-precious stones to carve.

What are your sexual interests? Terther.
NPC Highlights
Name: Lyeala
Mate: Terther

Physical Description:
  • Eyes: Green
  • Skin: Sand
  • Height: 6' 0"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Scar: Severe Ragged Horizontal scar, 2-4 inches long, on Left Foot

Personality:
  • Insouciant
  • Unfathomable
  • Lazy
  • Hobby: Pastry/Cake baking
  • Phobia: Coulrophobia – fear of clowns (not restricted to evil clowns); Pernese - fear of harpers

History:

Pets:

Other Info:

NPC Characters:
  • Lyeth (father - Exile Hold)
  • Elaryn (mother - Exile Hold)
  • Rynly (sister, 9 - Exile Hold)
  • Terther (fiancée - miner, Exile Weyr)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]