Reverie Weyr
Cbox
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 17 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:31 am

Latest topics

» 3941.03.14 - Fort Weyr/Hold - Settling into Hiding {Silvara, T'lon, Sim, Alyena, H'lee}
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 7:23 pm

» Poll: DLG or books?
by Simmarrah Fri May 20, 2016 5:21 pm

» Threads to rp
by Silvara Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm

» New posting rules
by Alina Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:30 pm

» 2789.07.01 - It's back!...to the future? {T'lon, Silvara, Alina, H'lee}
by Kestrana Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:36 pm

» 2759.05.21 - Boys will be boys {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:08 pm

» 2765.09.23 - Halfway there {T'lon, H'lee}
by mwaltz Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:05 pm

» 3941.04.07 - Candidate Interviews
by Simmarrah Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:15 pm

» 3941.04.14-15 - Candidate Lesson #7 - Touching
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:59 pm

» 3941.04.13 - Candidate Lesson #6 - The Days Ahead
by Kestrana Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Threads in the Main Site Plot
Threads in Site Mini-Plots
Affiliates & Acknowledgements

Affiliates

RolePlayGateway

Acknowledgements

All canon Pern content copyright to Anne McCaffrey. All non-canon Pern content copyright Kestrana. All draconic sprites/button images copyright to various artists (many images from Pern book covers; dragon sprite from "Dragonlady" fantasy portrait of Anne McCaffrey). All original characters copyright of their gamers.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Weyrling Lesson 1c: Blind Man's Bluff on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:30 pm

Kestrana

Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Some of the older weyrlings were practicing visualizations in preparation for their betweening lessons that would be starting in a couple of weeks. As part of the lesson, they started a game of blind man's bluff during their rest period. H'lee, being aware of the game of course, suggested that the younger weyrlings join in, although it wasn't required. He explained that if they started working on visualizations now, it would help them later as well as helping them separate their minds, thoughts, and sensations now from their dragons'.

The game was fairly simple, and a couple of the older weyrlings were more than willing to teach the younger ones. Simply put, one person or dragon is "It." That person's dragon, or the dragon's rider, would try to tell the dragon through mental contact only where the other people and dragons were, and the dragon or rider would try to touch them. When each person or dragon was touched, they were out of the game until the next round, at which point the last person or dragon to be touched would become It.

I will only post again next week if it seems like the game is lagging.

Feel free to adopt NPCs from both the Snowflake and Tundra clutches to play.

Remember: either this thread or the Making Hide Oils thread are required for all weyrlings. Both are encouraged! Besides, this one's all fun and games, the Hide Oils one is work. :-)

K'so
K'so had noticed the group of weyrlings gathering in an open, level area in the bowl and he went down to find out what was going on. At first, Qancith was disgusted by the game, considering it low and beneath his almighty stature. But before long, he was just as fascinated as his rider and finally, they approached some of those who were "Out" and asked if they could join in.

They were laughingly welcomed and someone pointed out Spindath and his rider who were also in the "Out" group just down a little ways from K'so and Qanc. A few moments later, the last dragon was tagged and designated to be "It" for the next round. K'so and Qancith leaped out onto the field with the others while the brownrider who had been It transferred the blindfold to the dragon.
View user profile http://reverie.forumotion.net

2 Re: Weyrling Lesson 1c: Blind Man's Bluff on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:38 pm

Alyena

Gold Weyrling
Alyena
Hetty, "small" as she was (she was nearly 60 feet long) would have kept dodging the poor brownrider if Alyena had let her. She finally relented and let the lad touch her and then lowered her head to have the blindfold put on. Alyena immediately reached out for her dragon and established a rapport link with her and allowed the gold to see through her rider's eyes. As she'd said many times before, Your vision is so booooring!.

Well, don't be the last one on the field and you won't have to look through my eyes, silly, Alyena replied to the old complaint. There were several new-comers to this round, which would make the game harder and make it last longer. Take it easy on the newbies, Hetty, okay? They're really tiny compared to you. Treat them like you would one of the riders. One of the perks for the dragons was that they could use any appendage to touch their target: wing, tail, claw, or nose. This was an essential part of their riders' training as well: knowing where their dragon's limbs were at all times.

The pair immediately tagged one of the greenriders who was playing with them and didn't get out of range fast enough. Then the chase was on, with Hetty trying to interpret what she saw through Alyena's eyes, while protecting Alyena from shoves by the other weyrlings that would disorient her rider and keep prevent her from being able to tag anyone.
View user profile

3 Re: Weyrling Lesson 1c: Blind Man's Bluff on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:46 am

Artemis and A'lo had been wandering around after hearing about the odd game. In fact, they approached shortly after K'so did before asking to join in after watching for a few seconds. It looked rather interesting and soon enough the two of them were sitting next to K'so. When it was time to join in on the round with a gold weyrling as the "it" person.

A'lo had been good enough at dodging the queen weyrling, but Artemis had found herself with a random dizzy spell and paused for a moment to try and regain her bearings, her one hand reaching out to her dragon who stood next to her and watched the others get out of the queen's way whenever she came close. When the spell past, she was moving again... although there was no guarantee that it was soon enough to save her from being tagged out.

4 Re: Blind Man's Bluff on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:39 pm

Alina

Headwoman
Alina

After her conversation with Silv and K'then this morning about the condition of the green wyerling Artemis. Alina had been worried and distracted trying to think of ways to keep a closer eye on the girl for the foreseeable future. Not coming up with anything she headed to her favorite seat by the opening to the lower caverns to think some more and watch the wyerlings training. Today they were playing an amusing game in which an older gold wyerling had a blind fold on and was tagging the other wyerlings using her bonded's eyes. She was doing a fairly good job at it and had already gotten several pairs out. Chuckling Alina searched for the green pair so much on her mind. She found Artemis and her green just in time to see the girl sway and reach out to her dragon for support. Worried about the young woman she half rose from her seat to go to her when she noticed that the spell had passed and Artemis was moving again. Her thoughts and emotions in a jumble Alina sat down again to watch the pair and was joined by her two firelizard's. Alerted by her unstable emotions the two land crooning on her shoulders green tiny picking out the green wyerling and her bonded as she picked up Alina's thoughts. She then tilted her head and projected a picture of herself sitting on the young greens back watching young Artemis. Alina laughing that see did not see this solution sooner turns to little tiny and lovingly scratches her eyeridges. Crooning such a smart little girl thank you for finding my answer for me get to it little one and my thanks. Eyes whirling in pleasure little tiny flys over to the green wyerling and beings to shadow her and the young Artemis. Feeling much better with the girl under the watchful eyes of her tiny Alina returns to the kitchen Cavern to supervise the preparations for the midday meal.
View user profile

5 Re: Weyrling Lesson 1c: Blind Man's Bluff on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:48 am

Kestrana

Admin / Weyrlingmaster
K'so
In comparison to the gold that was now blindfolded, Qancith, at his 20 feet long, was small (the blue felt that the designation of "tiny" should be reserved for Artemis' green Jadziath). And Qancith was quick (or so he fancied himself). Our small size in relation to her makes it too easy for us to keep away from her! This isn't a fun game, the blue complained.

"So don't--Unh!" One of the other weyrling riders shoved him. Qancith hissed at him.

"No talking on the field, only mindspeech, wherryhead!" K'so was reminded.

So don't make it hard for her to get you! Wait for her to try to touch you, THEN move. Give yourself a thrill. For his part, K'so was more than happy to stay dancing just at the edge of the gold's reach - although, he hadn't yet grasped the concept that the gold was allowed to use her tail and wings to touch him, so he was skipping across the ground behind and to her left.

Qancith, meanwhile, moved up along the gold's left flank, hopping along awkwardly and flaring his wings to keep his balance. On the one hand, he didn't want to do what his rider suggested - he liked playing it safe. But on the other hand, he was bored; maybe a little flirting with disaster would make the game more fun.

6 Re: Weyrling Lesson 1c: Blind Man's Bluff on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:01 am

Alyena

Gold Weyrling
Alyena
Wish they'd let me sit on you during this game. Then you wouldn't have to protect me! Alyena complained as someone gave her a shove that caused her to close her eyes and disoriented Hetty, who spun blindly, flailing wings and tail in several directions.

Hetty felt her wing and tail each clip something; since the bowl was empty of everything except weyrling riders and dragons playing the game, it had to be a pair of them, but since her rider wasn't able to see, she wasn't sure who she'd tagged, or how hard she'd hit them, or even whether they'd been dragon or rider.

As her rider regained her footing, the gold responded to Alyena's comment, Well, there's nothing that says you can't stand under me, is there?

Alyena laughed - only non-verbal vocalizations were allowed on the field - and replied, Only my sense of self-preservation, dear. Your belly might be five feet over my head when your back legs are stretched completely out, but standing like you are, your chest is closer to the ground than I am tall, and your back end bounces around a lot when you move. You'd squish me under your torso if you didn't step on me first.

I would do no such thing. Besides, aren't we supposed to be learning to be completely aware of what's in our immediate surroundings?

Yes, we are. But I'm not going to risk getting brained so you can learn that part just yet. Once you're a little bigger, I'll consider doing that. Besides, I couldn't see while standing under you. I'll be fine, just keep tagging them. There, get that bronzerider over there!
View user profile

7 Re: Weyrling Lesson 1c: Blind Man's Bluff on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:39 pm

Artemis had managed to recover from her dizzy spell, but sadly she was not quick enough to dodge the young queen's tail. As luck would have it, the tail hit the back of her legs enough to knock her down, and Jazz hissed her displeasure as her bonded bit her lip to keep from yelping out. Regardless, the two moved off to the side, Jazz deciding she needed to stay with her bonded as A'lo verbally yelped at the site of his sister limping off to the side. She recovered to walking normally by the time she reached the side, but her twin didn't care.

Within moments the young bronzerider was over next to his twin, leaving his bronze in play and sending Jazz back to play as well. "Are you okay, Arty?" he asked her, concerned.

"I'm fine, Lo, I promise. And don't you DARE send me to the infirmary," she told him sternly, not that it didn't stop the young man from having Rikraketh tell Baroleth what happened and question if it was okay for Artemis to be playing the game.

8 Re: Weyrling Lesson 1c: Blind Man's Bluff on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:17 am

Alina

Headwoman
Alina was in the middle of directing the chaos that was the mid day meal preparations when her green lizard tiny cried out in warning and alarm that sent her running back out to the wyerling's game. The image Tiny sent to her of Artemis being knocked down by the gold wyerling's tail and limping off the field had her feet flying as fast as she could make them go. By the time she reached the young woman she was giving her twin the sharp edge of her tongue about not sending her to the infirmary. Seeing that young Artemis was not seriously hurt Alina slowed down and approached at a pace more suited to the headwoman.When she reached the twins she asked, Artemis are you alright? While silently ordering Tiny to go find Wyerling Master H'lee. He would be getting the sharp edge of her tongue for the fear and panic he caused her by not taking the young woman out of training that could have hurt her and her unborn child. This was a close call had the golds tail hit her in the stomach rather than the legs there could have been serious complications.
View user profile

9 Re: Weyrling Lesson 1c: Blind Man's Bluff on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:30 pm

Kestrana

Admin / Weyrlingmaster
K'so
Qancith was bouncing along when suddenly the gold's wing lashed out and thumped into him, bowling him nose over tail and causing him to squall. His squawk was more of surprise than pain, although he did scrape his nose on a rock.

K'so, on the other hand, managed to leap aside from the flailing tail, although he saw it bowl Artemis over. He was about to go see if she was all right when he saw A'lo and Alina rushing over and decided she has more than enough assistance and worrywarts. He wasn't sure why the Headwoman was taking such an interest in his fellow weyrling, unless it has something to do with the "special training" that H'lee said the twins were receiving from bluerider Silvara. He could admit to himself that he was jealous about that, wondering what qualified them for "special training."

So instead he went over to Qancith to make sure the blue's muzzle
wasn't badly damaged. The blue complained unhappily that his nose hurt, although the injury was only a minor scrape. I don't like this game any more!

Well, I'm still in, but as soon as I'm tagged out, we'll go find something else to do, okay?

The blue sighed gustily. Fiiiiine.

K'so went back out onto the playing field and resumed his position, behind and to the left of the gold. Now he knew that the wings and tail could be used to tag players out.

H'lee
H'lee was taking a well-deserved break down in the kitchens when he saw Alina dashing outside. He frowned, but it wasn't unusual for her to dart around at full speed, so he stayed where he was, sitting near the fire and nursing a mug of klah.

Minutes later, a small green firelizard appeared over his head and chattered at him. He recognized Tiny and, heaving a sigh, reached out to Seeth. Seeth, what's got Alina and Tiny so worked up?

Jadziath and her rider were playing in the blind man's bluff game. Henriettath clipped Artemis with her tail and knocked her flat on her back. She got a good thump, probably Alina's worried about the baby.

H'lee sighed. He loved Alina, but the woman was getting entirely too worked up over this pregnancy thing. The girl was still quite safely within the first trimester, the odds of a simple fall like that causing any problem for the baby were next to nil. It would probably bruise Artemis up a bit, but it wouldn't likely do much more damage than that.

Great. Contact Warrelith, have Silvara meet us out there, would you? With that, H'lee got up and headed out.

10 Re: Weyrling Lesson 1c: Blind Man's Bluff on Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Silvara

Moderator / Master Healer
Silvara had been up at the high reaches of the academy doing some meditation and deep breathing exercises to help center and ground herself out. With so much going on and being around so many people she needed to do this more often then before but it was helping. She was also getting better at keeping every one else out of her head which pleased her to no end.

Warrelith was curled up near by watching her with one eye and the rest of the ground with his other. Smirking slightly at the games going on far below. Which was about the time he felt Seeth's mind and message. With a sigh he softly nudged Silv.

::Mine. H'lee needs us to meet him down below seems that he is worried about Artemis.::

Silv sighed softly but got up and climbed onto his back before the glided down towards the ground and to where H'lee was going to meet them glad that she had gotten the meditation in. Soon they landed and she slipped off his back turning to spot where H'lee was at.
View user profile

11 Re: Weyrling Lesson 1c: Blind Man's Bluff on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:37 am

Though he didn't really need to be present for the game, K'then could generally be found not far off where he could easily be there if something happened. Though the elder weyrlings had been playing long enough to not be too worrisome, inviting the new weyrlings to play added a different level of danger to the game. Not that the game itself was inherently dangerous but accidents happened and dragons, even half-grown dragons, were sometimes clumsy, especially when blindfolded. So he stayed where he could step in if he was needed but tended to his own business. Today, he was cleaning out and organizing one of the small storerooms in the infirmary, tossing out old herbs and the like and getting things back where they belonged (sometimes he wondered if people didn't go in there and shuffle things around just to annoy him, the way things were shoved here and there where they really didn't belong).

Rikraketh's rider wishes to know if it is at all safe for his rider's twin to be playing Blind Man's Bluff. Barolth's mindvoice broke into his thoughts and he tucked a jar of numbweed back where it belonged.

"Only one shelf to the left, is it really that hard to reach the length of a firelizard to put this back where it belongs?" He muttered to himself before responding to his dragon. Sure it's fine. She's not that far along yet. Not much can happen during the game that'd concern me. Why?

I'm not sure but I think Henriettath caught her off guard and knocked her down. She looks uninjured, though annoyed. Seeth and Warrelith's riders are there. So is the Headwoman.

K'then stifled a groan (though whether it was in response to what Baroleth had said or the ointment he'd just found where it didn't belong was questionable). They're all acting like a bunch of brooding wherry hens. He responded and he felt Baroleth's amusement at the mental image he'd sent to go along with the comment. I better get down there and chase them off. He decided, placing the ointment back where he'd found it (he'd come back for it later) and heading out of the storeroom and down into the bowl where the game was still taking place.

Kria arrived ahead of him, flitting around the group before settling briefly on Artemis's shoulder as if to tell her K'then was on his way before taking flight again and perching on Rikraketh's back where she could observe things. K'then came into view a moment later and approached the group huddled around Artemis. "Do we really need so many people to check on one Weyrling who doesn't look at all injured or stressed out to me?" He questioned, folding his arms over his chest and frowning slightly at the group of them. "Alina, H'lee, with all due respect, I think Silvara and I can handle things. With everyone else here it's just going to arouse questions and suspicions. At least Silvara and I are both healers, and I have the added bonus of being related to Artemis, it makes sense we'd check in if we thought someone was hurt." He told them, trying in a very subtle way to tell them to go elsewhere for now.

12 Re: Weyrling Lesson 1c: Blind Man's Bluff on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:45 am

Artemis was starting to feel annoyed at the crowd that was developing around her. She was finding more and more people joining their little group, and she was NOT happy about it. First Alina showed up, followed by H'lee and Silvara... and the more people that showed up... the more tense the weyrling got. At least until Kria landed on her shoulder and caused her to realize that her cousin was arriving too. Great! More people to fawn over her when she was perfectly fine. Sure the back of her legs still hurt, but it was nothing more than a bruise and she was perfectly fine otherwise.

"I'm fine." she grumbled at everyone just before K'then showed up and she gave her cousin a look that SCREAMED she was thankful he had arrived to drive off the group. She even took the chance to look at her twin, "I really am, and you should get back into that game. You weren't tagged out, A'lo," she stated simply.

Her brother gave her an odd look before sighing. Really, at this point he could tell that Artemis was about ready to feed him to the gold dragon that had nudged her with it's tail. With that thought in mind, and the knowledge that their cousin and Silvara were there, he headed off to continue playing. Although he did leave Zeus with his twin just in case. The brown firelizard had shown up just moments prior and landed on the girl's shoulder.

13 Re: Weyrling Lesson 1c: Blind Man's Bluff on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:39 pm

Alyena

Gold Weyrling
Alyena
Alyena noticed a young weyrling, not one she'd met before, lurking around near Hetty's tail. Hon, move your tail to your left...NOW! The gold's tail jerked sideways toward the rider; it would knock him off his feet if it connected, though perhaps not as solidly as when the young gold had connected with Artemis.

She spotted the young bronzerider rejoining his dragon and the greenrider's dragon on the playing field, and decided to let them be for a bit. She focused on some of the older weyrlings, since there was quite a group of adults showing up. She was quite sure they hadn't seriously hurt any of the younger ones, but they were new to the game, so she really should go easy on them.
View user profile

14 Re: Weyrling Lesson 1c: Blind Man's Bluff on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:58 pm

Kestrana

Admin / Weyrlingmaster
K'so
K'so was completely caught off-guard when the gold's tail whipped around and caught him in the back of the knees. He fell with an inglorious "Whoof!" on his rear and, after getting his breath back, joined Qancith on the edge of the playing field. "Alright, let's find something else to do," he said, rubbing his abused tailbone. Qancith snorted as if to say, See? Told you!

H'lee
H'lee gave his friend - but Assistant Weyrlingmaster - a jaundiced look when he suggested that everyone should back off and go back to what they were doing.

"I was about to suggest the same thing," he said drily. "Alina, sweetie, I know you're the Headwoman, but you can't be rushing out to baby the weyrlings all the time," he pointed out affectionately. He doubted he could stop her, she'd always babied the weyrlings, but he dreaded what might happen if their daughter Impressed. Hopefully, she'd be off to one of the other Academies, though, and there'd be less trouble. While he spoke, Seeth suggested to the other older weyrlings that they shouldn't shove Hetty around as much when the younger weyrlings were participating in order to help prevent accidents. Not that they couldn't, but to try to do so when the smaller weyrlings were less likely to get knocked about as much.

"I will not forbid the Tundra clutch from participating. It's good for them as well as for the older dragons. However, I have suggested a little more care when the younger ones are playing to prevent unintentional injuries to the smaller dragons and their riders. Now, I suggest we let Silvara give Artemis a once-over while the rest of us leave." He made to catch Alina firmly by the arm to lead her away as he limped off. Seeth settled back to apparently sun himself a safe distance from the game; a not-so-subtle attempt to keep an eye on the game for a while until the younger dragons and riders got more accustomed to it.

15 Re: Weyrling Lesson 1c: Blind Man's Bluff on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:50 pm

Silvara

Silvara just kept her mouth shut while the others spoke instead just looking Artemis over and smiling faintly as it seemed that she was just fine and really they were over fussing this issue. She looked to K'then and nodded her head faintly seeing as he had the right idea and was glad when H'lee agreed with the other healer. She had been meaning to speak with K'then about his taking over for the most part as Artemis's healer for the pregnancy as the poor girl was going to get sick of Silv enough as it was with her Gift lessons. She also had a feeling the lass would feel more at ease with her kinsman as her primary healer for the pregnancy.

Warrelith mean while moved off to the side to be out of the way and joined Seeth to sun and watch the game play out. He was glad that Silv was handling all of this so much better then she would have a year or two ago. Then again experience and dedicated work on control of her Gifts most likely helped a lot with that.
View user profile

16 Re: Weyrling Lesson 1c: Blind Man's Bluff on Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:40 pm

Alina

Headwoman
Alina was relived when she noticed that not only was H'lee joining their group but so was Silv. For she wanted a moment to talk to her about her concerns for Artemis and some of the more strenuous of the weyrlings training. She also had an idea she wanted to run past the healer before she proposed it to H'lee, who she was certain would object and fly off the handle just to be difficult.

Just as H'lee and Silv joined her at Artemis's side Alina noticed K'then's gold Kria land on Artemis's shoulder briefly then flit off, a sure sign that the assistant weyrling master was not far behind. Sure enough a moment later he appeared from around the corner and started speaking with far more authority than he should have in the presence of H'lee. His attitude and words sent her hackles up and caused her temper to flare. He was implying that she as headwoman of the academy had no right to worry about Artemis. Looking over at H'lee in disbelief of the younger bronze riders attitude she see the sour look on his face for K'then's rudeness and was about to say something when H'lee started talking. H'lee's words to her made her forget her irritation with K'then.

Spluttering in outrage Alina stares at H'lee in utter amazement as he proceeds to call her Alina sweetie in front of Silv, K'then, and the weyrlings. Oblivious to the trouble he is already in H'lee makes it worse by taking her to task for babying the weyrling's as he calls it. Utterly speechless at H'lee's subtle and all be it affectionate reprimand all Alina can do is shake her head as he finishes what he had to say. But when he made to gab her arm and lead her off like an erring weyrling her anger breaks through her amazement at his comments and she jerks away turning to face him him from two feet away with hands on her hips and anger rolling off her in waves. Alina gives him the attitude adjustment he so desperately needs.

Alina sweetie? she asks sourly. H'lee I thought by now you would know better than to try and sweet talk me. Babying the weyrlings am I? Just because I have concerns about Artemis being in some of the training in her current condition and rightfully I might add. If that golds tail had caught her in the gut instead of the legs there could have been complications. Which you as a man with the knowledge and sensitivity of a proddy green dragon would know nothing about. Then trying to gab me and lead me off like a green as grass weyrling in front of Silv and K'then not to mention the weyrling's is not only embarrassing but undermines my authority. How.Dare.You!

Now I need a moment to speak with Silv if you want to talk to me me you can wait here until I am done or you can talk to me over dinner. With that Alina turns to Silv without waiting for an answer and asks if she can spare a minute of her time when she is done checking Artemis over.
View user profile

17 Re: Weyrling Lesson 1c: Blind Man's Bluff on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Artemis watched the bunch of adults above her and although she gave Silvara an appreciative nod, she was getting more and more flustered with everyone being so over the top about this. In fact, it got to the point where she was glowering at them all. "Ugh! Seriously! I"m FINE! What is it with all the fussing! You'd think that just because of my condition that I'm some sort of piece of glass! If I thought I was in any real need of care do you not think I'd have gone to Ky or Silvara myself? At least Ky had the courtesy to come help diffuse this crowd before everyone starts to question WHY I am so special as to have the headwoman AND weyrlingmaster come see me! I appreciate the concern, but REALLY!" she finally snapped at everyone as they were leaving before she herself stormed off to some other location, her dragon hurrying after her and omitting herself from the game.

Of course, her outburst was enough to have her brother pause. He couldn't hear the words specifically, but he could hear the anger and figured for once that he should stand back. His twin like this was likely hazardous to his health and with Ky being the only person she would likely accept near her right then as he was the only one level headed enough (in her mind) to realize that the crowding wasn't going to work on a hormonal weyrling who DIDN'T want the entire academy to know her condition before she started showing. Which, to be honest, she already felt bloated half the time...

18 Re: Weyrling Lesson 1c: Blind Man's Bluff on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:23 pm

Alina

Headwoman
After watching Artemis stalk off Alina turns to H'lee.

Now look at what you have done you wher faced wherry necked useless oaf I send tiny for you and get half the sharding Weyr instead Silv I could understand if the girl had been hurt but she was not.K'then did not need to even know about this at all. I merely wanted to discuss taking Artemis out of the strenuous training and putting our daughter in her place to work with Artemis's green instead you have to call in every one and upset the girl to the point of leaving this is all your fault.
View user profile

19 Re: Weyrling Lesson 1c: Blind Man's Bluff on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:53 pm

K'then returned H'lee's look with an innocent one of his own. It wasn't like he'd ordered anyone to do anything. Simply questioned if they all needed to be there and politely suggested that anyone who wasn't a healer go to tend their own business and leave the healers to tend Artemis. He was pretty sure he'd be in for a tongue lashing from Alina later and quite possibly H'lee as well but, as far as he knew, none of them had been asked to be there by Artemis or anyone else. He hadn't exactly either but they were his cousins and as the Master Healer in charge of the infirmary, he felt he had every right to tell off anyone he thought might be interfering with one of his patients. And as far as he was concerned, Artemis was one of his patients whom he shared with Silvara as she had a bit more time for seeing to the girl's needs.

At any rate, it seemed that H'lee had drawn Alina's anger off onto himself and, more than likely unintentionally, bought Ky a bit of time to see to Artemis before Alina sought him out to scold him for his impertinence. Of course, all of this set Artemis off and she exploded at the group as a whole. Rubbing his temples he considered the wisdom of going after her but everyone else seemed more wrapped up in their conversations. "Actually it was Rikraketh who called me, not H'lee. I will also remind you that as their cousin I have every right to know what's going on with Artemis and A'lo." K'then stated to Alina when she berated H'lee for his presence. He left the matter of pulling Artemis from training alone as well as the suggestion that their daughter care for Jadzieth. Artemis, he knew, would never accept that but he kept his mouth shut and took the opportunity to slip away and head off after Artemis, jogging a bit to catch up to her. "Arty? You up for a bit of company?" He questioned, falling into stride alongside her. He wouldn't suggest she let him look her over or anything of the sort but instead, just offered her company. "If you're not feeling up to any more games and the like I could use some help finishing up sorting out my storeroom. I swear people go in and mess it up just to annoy me." He suggested, offering her a wry smile at his own comment.

Baroleth, for his part, heaved a draconic sigh and settled back onto his perch where he'd been watching over the game from the beginning. How angry is your rider with mine, Seeth? K'then was only doing what he thought was right for his kin. He questioned the Brown who was lounging not far off. H'lee didn't seem angry but it often happened that K'then upset people and got himself into trouble without really meaning to. Now seemed to be one of those times.

20 Re: Weyrling Lesson 1c: Blind Man's Bluff on Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Artemis had calmed down some by the time her cousin reached her, and Jazz was ready to settle down and sun herself. Something that Artemis encouraged the green to go do. When he did catch her, she smiled at his choosing to ignore the incident and just suggest company. In fact, his actions and words had her feeling far calmer and she nodded her head. "Sure, I'd be happy to help you, Ky... and thanks for showing up. I don't see what all the fuss is about... between A'lo acting like if I step the wrong way I'm going to break and Alina and H'lee showing up for nothing... and bringing Silvara along..." she sighed at her own frustrations, "But, I'll keep in mind if I ever wanna annoy you I'll go mess up your store room for you," she grinned teasingly at her cousin. It wasn't like she ever would, and she knew her cousin would know that. A'lo might... but she never would.

Jazz had curled up well away from everyone to enjoy the sun, although she did choose that moment to speak with Baroleth. ~Will Artemis-mine be in lots of trouble for yelling at everyone?~ she asked the bronze.

[Further interaction between Artemis and K'then will take place elsewhere]

21 Re: Weyrling Lesson 1c: Blind Man's Bluff on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:54 am

Silvara

Silvara watched every one as their emotions started to boil over wishing that she could yell at them but there was enough of that going on all ready that she felt it best to just remain still and silent. Once Artemis yelled and walked away she let her go knowing that K'then was the better choice for the one to go with the weyrling to make sure she was okay and to help her feel better out of the two of them. Instead she remained where she was watching H'lee and highly tempted to smack him upside the head again. After the Wyerling and Rider were out of sight she spoke soflty.

"H'lee... will you please calm down your giving me a headache... again. We might as well head inside to continue this talk and yes Alina I am more then willing to talk with you about this but I need both of you to calm down some please."

She was really starting to think that she was doomed if every other day was going to end with her head throbbing due to overly strong emotions from those around her. She took a steady breath to strengthen her shields before moving towards the inside to get out of the way of the Weyrlings games.

((Thinking we should move this to it's own thread now like Artemis and K'then's so the other's can get back to playing the game))
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum