» Candidate Lesson #1: Welcome to the Weyr
by Kestrana Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:56 pm

» Candidate Lesson #3: Hold and Weyr Relations
by Kestrana Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:34 pm

» Check-in with Candidatemaster Lery
by Kestrana Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:34 pm

» Candidate Lesson #2: Manners for the Mannerly
by Kestrana Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:36 pm

» Chore Group A: Food Services (morning) -- Nium, Marrisha, Quarion, Shemov, Alyena
by Kestrana Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:38 pm

» Girls' Bunkroom #6 - Sindri, Leena, Hirana
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:35 pm

» Girls' Bunkroom #5 - Nemeia, Neme, Safira
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:34 pm

» Girls' Bunkroom #4 - Luthi, Lorali, Liasa
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:32 pm

» Boys' Bunkroom #7 - Skeldar, Theram, ?
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:19 pm

» Boys' Bunkroom #6 - Burlar, Dryden, Artie
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:18 pm

» NPC Candidates
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:51 pm

» Check-in with Harper Timiny
by Kestrana Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:22 pm

» Craft Lesson Schedules
by Kestrana Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:26 pm

» Boys' Bunkroom #5 - Liadon, Patelo, Learyam
by Kestrana Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:54 pm

» Boys' Bunkroom #4 - Lerane, Kimta, Taien
by Kestrana Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:51 pm

» Girls' Bunkroom #3 - Amaki, Rineta, Pola
by Kestrana Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:45 pm

» Girls' Bunkroom #2 - Nylee, Xilosci, Secha
by Kestrana Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:13 pm

» Boys' Bunkroom #3 - Shemov, Ildel
by Kestrana Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:33 pm

» 3941.03.20 10:30 - Aren, Erhom, Lorler, Tikal, Silvara
by Kestrana Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:53 pm

» Boys' Bunkroom #1 - Aren, Erhom, Lorler
by Kestrana Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:12 am

Affiliates & Acknowledgements

Affiliates

RolePlayGateway

Acknowledgements

All canon Pern content copyright to Anne McCaffrey. All non-canon Pern content copyright Kestrana. All draconic sprites/button images copyright to various artists (many images from Pern book covers; dragon sprite from "Dragonlady" fantasy portrait of Anne McCaffrey). All original characters copyright of their gamers.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1hlee - New Feature: Hashtags Empty New Feature: Hashtags Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:27 am

Kestrana

Kestrana
Admin / Weyrlingmaster
Forumotion (FM) has introduced a new feature: hashtags!  I'm sure some of you are thinking, "Oh...greeeaaaaat..."  However, this has some benefits for us, specifically for tagging characters/gamers.

I've started tagging threads with characters' names.  This allows us to access a specific page for each character's name and see all the posts they're tagged in.  As I play with the feature, I'm working out some rules for it, so I'll be adding to these as we designate scenarios where they can be used.

Here's an example of what a hashtag will look like in your post: #Hlee

Hashtag Rules

1. Characters'/Gamers' names only.  At this time, please only tag characters' or gamers' names.  I'm assessing the ability to use hashtags to identify threads that are related to the main plot, but haven't decided if this is worthwhile at this point.  If you encounter a situation where you'd like to use some other sort of hashtag, please check with me about it first.
  2. First post only!  Only tag the character/gamer in the first post to which they're expected to respond.  In the threads I've made so far, all of the tagged characters are expected to respond to info in the very first post, so I put all my hashtags in the very first post.  However, if you've got a thread going with someone else and you decide to involve a third person, then whichever character makes the statement to "go find so-and-so" or whatever should put that character's/gamer's name as a hashtag in THAT post (not in the first post of the thread).
  3. NO special characters except underscores (_) and hyphens (-).  Unfortunately, non-alpha-numeric characters such as apostrophes break the hashtag, so you need to exclude them from the tag.  For example, use #Hlee instead of #H'lee.  Not sure yet what other characters break them besides apostrophes and back-slashes (\), but if you come across any, please post them here.

Feel free to tag yourself (either your gamer tag, e.g. #Kestrana, or your character tag, e.g. #Hlee) so you can keep track of threads you've posted in.  This includes thread-crashing (i.e., you decide to drop in on someone else's thread).

Finding Hashtag Results

There are five ways to find hashtag results:

• Find a thread with the hashtag in it and click it; this will take you to a search results page showing the post content that the tag is in.
  • Go to this URL: http://reverie.rpg-board.net/tags/Hlee
    Changing the last portion of the URL to be the hashtag you're searching for.  NOTE: the tags are NOT case-sensitive, so "tlon" and "Tlon" are the same!  This gives you the same results as finding the hashtag in a thread and clicking on it.
  • Follow hashtags in your profile and click on them whenever you want to check for threads:  http://reverie.rpg-board.net/profile?mode=editprofile&page_profil=tags
    To add the tag, you must include the hash symbol; if you just put in your keywork (e.g., "Hlee"), it will tell you that you've entered an invalid tag.
  • Go to the advanced search page: http://reverie.rpg-board.net/search, enter the hashtag you want to search for in the "Search for Keywords" field, check the "Tags" checkbox, and click the BOTTOM "Search" button (NOT the "Search Google" button); this will take you to a search results page showing a list of threads that the tag is in.
  • Go to this URL: http://reverie.rpg-board.net/search?search_keywords=hlee&is_tag=true
    Changing the keywords to be the hashtag you're looking for.  NOTE: the tags are NOT case-sensitive, so "tlon" and "Tlon" are the same!  This gives you the same results as searching from the advanced search page.
http://reverie.rpg-board.net

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum